Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Owning Z Increases Your Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 PM
meshugineh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noir06
No, they're everywhere here too. I can walk out in the parking lot here at work and see 4 of them......wait maybe 5 now. They just want to rev and do their little fly-bys. Annoying as hell. I just turn up the music and try to ignore them.
When I was out in Portland I saw a few Zs riding around, but not that often. Talk about a town where everyone drives in slow in the left lane. I truly believed that most of them did it on purpose cause they didn't agree with others breaking the speed limit. That being said PDX is one of my favorite cities in America, I would move back there in a heartbeat...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:48 PM
noir06

Originally Posted by meshugineh
When I was out in Portland I saw a few Zs riding around, but not that often. Talk about a town where everyone drives in slow in the left lane. I truly believed that most of them did it on purpose cause they didn't agree with others breaking the speed limit. That being said PDX is one of my favorite cities in America, I would move back there in a heartbeat...
LOL, yeah I've never seen so many people voluntarily drive at or below the speed limit. Like it's their job to enforce the speed limit. The other one is merging onto the freeway at 40mph despite have a mile long on ramp. IT'S CALLED A GAS PEDAL, USE IT!!!!!

But I don't tailgate them like this OP moron. It just makes them go slower to prove their point. That and it would just rash the bumper worse.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
kutnupe14

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HKILP7M8
You come up to me like that you're liable to get shot....
Damn, no need to go gansta!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 AM
SSZVirginia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOS ANGELES — A road-rage crash critically injured a mother and her two small children, who were crushed between parked cars, police said Wednesday.

Two men were booked for investigation of attempted murder in connection with the crash Tuesday in the San Fernando Valley.

The drivers of a black Nissan Maxima and a red Chevrolet Camaro got into a dispute shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Van Nuys area and began racing and weaving along city streets at 50 mph to 90 mph, police said.

The cars were "cutting each other off, they were jockeying for position," Detective Bill Butos said. "They were tapping on the brakes, one of the vehicles was tapping on the brakes, trying to cause the other vehicle to ram into the vehicle."

In Reseda, the Camaro slammed on its brakes and the Nissan tried to avoid it and hit a parked car, Officer Jason Lee said.

A 31-year-old woman and her two children were smashed between parked cars.

Police did not release their names. However, relatives identified the woman as Syeda Arif.

The woman was in critical condition Wednesday at a hospital.

"She has lost one leg and the other leg is, unfortunately, crushed. They're trying to save that," Lee said.

Her 4-year-old son was hospitalized on life support and his 8 1/2-month old sister was hospitalized in critical condition, Lee said.

Witnesses said the younger child was "launched into the air and slammed against a tree, " police Capt. Ron Marbrey said.

Arif's husband, Amir Arif, told KCAL-TV that his son had massive brain damage.

"It's a matter of time that doctor will take out his life support ... my son dies," he said.

The Nissan driver, Armando Gamboa Ayon, 19, of Pacoima, was arrested at the scene and the Camaro's driver, Brian Barnes, 44, of Northridge, later surrendered at a police station. Both were booked for investigation of attempted murder and held on bail of $1.5 million each, police said.

"That could change if the 4-year-old ends up dying. It would be a murder charge," Lee said.

There was no answer at a phone number listed for a Brian Barnes in Northridge Wednesday evening. There was no listing for Gamboa Ayon in Pacoima or the surrounding area.

The crash was "entirely senseless, entirely the basis of two individuals that got into a contest of wills, if you will, over nothing more than a common traffic dispute ... over nothing more than whose car is on the roadway in front of the other person," Deputy Chief Michael Moore said.

See Next Story in U.S. E-Mail Print Digg This! del.icio.us
Old 10-11-2007, 06:38 AM
THE ROADSTER

that was sad.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
nicknick

Originally Posted by z32 Outlaw Z
umm dude, how old r u? it seems like u have a lot of growing up to do. why in the world would u blow by every soccer mom and ride there a$$es, if shes a soccer mom, she most likely has KIDS in the car who play soccer... dont be that guy where we read "totalled my Z" especially "totalled my Z because of my road rage and killed 9 kids".....
ur not impressing anybody
Agreed he sounds like a mindless ,ignorant twerp.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:19 AM
nathanwl2004

actually you sound like a jack ***. come within inches of me while driving and I'll show you what mad is.

grow up.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No rage issues but then I'm an adult and my daddy didn't buy me my Z.

Be really careful out there ... you might walk away from an accident where you kill someone passing them in a rage (like happened two days ago here in CA) but face murder charges. If someone murdered my wife and two kids they'd never make trial. Never. That's not rage, that's cold and calculating justice.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Try&keepup

I...
Attached Thumbnails Owning Z Increases Your Road Rage-fail-1-1.jpg  
Old 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
van46

i most say since i have my z i drive more and more chill outand enjoy the z
Old 10-12-2007, 12:19 PM
jonahlw

One time some ***-hat was following me too close on a two lane highway (there were like 10 cars in front of me and the guy was tailgating me in some pos and i know he didn't have insurance). Everyone came to a stop cause someone was turning left...so the guy almost slams into me. I put my e-brake on, jumped out of the car and started asking him what his problem was...the puss y just guns it off into the median and flips me off, what a coward.

Aggressive drivers are all cowards. I despise them.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad68
This thread is ghey.
This thread is still ghey!!

Almost as ghey as me spelling ghey this way and quoting myself
Old 10-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

I drive a full size company van during the week. I sit up pretty high in that thing and have great visibility up there. (I can look over much of the traffic.) I think that, while driving my Z, I make my way to the front of whatever group of cars I'm in so that I can see the road ahead better.

Going from a full-size E-250 to a 350Z that sits an inch lower than stock, makes me feel like I'm driving almost blindfolded, when I'm in traffic. I still keep track of the road ahead but it feels like a game of peek-a-boo until I get up front. I wonder if this (visibility in traffic) causes frustration for other Z drivers.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
vibitzzz

Default An old thread, but still want to share :)

My earlier car was Hyundai Accent, I drove it like a race car on highways.. u kno young kids .... never got into any major accident , well my luck ... but after i jumped into my Z, i donn kno, i feel like i can beat any one but i have to calm myself down by saying these golden words "Highways are not race tracks" if you have the guts show it on the race track ...

I have seen a common phenomenon ... that riced out cars tend to drive rash trying to beat a Z or something that’s fast ...

so now I drive fast but not rash .... as I love my Z ......
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
cspinner

I live in a small area. I like to drive responsibly, especially since I'm one of a couple Z's in town... most likely the ONLY orange roadster. If I drove like a dick, people would easily remember me and my car would be vandalized. If I feel like going for a spirited drive, it's only a 10 minute drive to the country.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
xtremefairladyz

Originally Posted by bep134
I just got an '03 350z about a week ago and ever since I have become a very angry driver. I find that everyone pisses me off on the road because now everyone goes so slow. I just want to blow by every stupid soccer mom in a minivan and every old grandpa in their crown vics. I fly up on everybody's bumper to within inches and I sit there yelling and swearing at them at the top of my lungs. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered the same symptoms when they got their Z? I feel like everyone out on the road is driving so slow just to **** me off.
Yeah I feel you. Especially those Toyotas. God damn they are annoying. Have you realized that most of the slow cars on the road are minivans and TOYOTAS in general? If I could, I would buy out Toyota, change all their economy 30+ mpg ******** and bring back the old turboed cars like the MR2 and the Supra. And make sure they have STICK SHIFT as an OPTION. Every single time I see a camry or a corolla, I will have a road rage to cut in front of them because they are driving so god damn slow.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:11 PM
MonkPDX

Originally Posted by PerfZ
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol, seems like a lot of folks here must have started with a post number in the thousands or something. Like having 10,000 posts makes you some kind of expert on everything? jeesh! I'm not even sure why post counts are displayed - it means absolutely nothing.
Maybe the "Mega Posters" don't have jobs. House husbands or unemployed
crossing guards with nothing else to do
Old 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
angel700

Angry

you road ragers need anger management consultation.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkPDX
Maybe the "Mega Posters" don't have jobs. House husbands or unemployed
crossing guards with nothing else to do
I'm at work now
Old 02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
black06z

Road rage>Z