Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone else think the factory exhaust sounds "ricey?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:26 PM
woogemooge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love the stock exhaust sound!! it's a bit quiet though...can't really hear it too well in the cabin. but i like the nice tight throaty sound!

someone here mentioned our exhaust sounds like ferraris. i must say that maybe when they're both in like 2000 rpm range, but when those ferraris rip up to redline (which is like, what 8500 or something on the 360? it's high...) that thing SCREAMS. it's really high-pitched whine, but that sounds so amazing...in the palo alto area, i come across a ferrari a few times a week, and man those things sound so good when they're being pushed. too bad the only people that can afford 'em are old people who almost never push the cars
Old 05-27-2003, 09:27 PM
woogemooge

oh yeah, i don't think it's ricey at all, btw. ricey would be louder and not as....hm...throaty? i dunno...can't describe, but the stock isn't ricey to me
Old 05-27-2003, 09:32 PM
jl215

I agree - too bad you can't hear the exhaust too well in the cabin (even with windows down) because it sure sounds damn fine from the outside. One of my biggest joys of driving my M-Coupe was being able to hear/feel the remus exhaust I had on it.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:32 PM
G*Rated{350z}

I love the way it sounds...
Old 05-28-2003, 11:34 AM
meatwad79

Originally posted by G*Rated{350z}
I love the way it sounds...
when i read the road and track review they mentioned as a negative point that they wanted a "more melodious engine note" ...what are these cretons looking for?!?1?!
that exhaust note is one of the highlights and one of the reasons i bought that car. it gets me misty everytime
Old 05-28-2003, 12:00 PM
xpert

Would you people stop using the word "ricey" for everything!

The forum is starting to sound like it is run by teenagers with nothing interesting and important to write about. I'm guessing people write stuff without even checking if wether or not their remarks are gonna sound retarded!

I'm just tired of wasting my time checking confusing and pointless posts thinking I'm gonna find something interesting and helful in them!

Those in charge: Start deleting stupid posts!!!

P L E A S E ! ! ! ! !

my 0.02 cents
Old 05-28-2003, 12:40 PM
ajk4

then only check the engine/drivetrain and audio visual sections. if you look at all the posts in the general section, you will see that a number of them are kinda useless are really just aimless discussions (much like the debate about the sociological implications of the term 'ricey').
Old 05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by meatwad79
when i read the road and track review they mentioned as a negative point that they wanted a "more melodious engine note" ...what are these cretons looking for?!?1?!
that exhaust note is one of the highlights and one of the reasons i bought that car. it gets me misty everytime
My recollection was that they said the EXHAUST sounded great, but the ENGINE drowned it out at higher RPM's. If that is indeed what they said, then I'd agree. However, I don't mind the engine sound too much, so I'd be happy with a louder exhaust instead of a quieter engine.

-D'oh!
Old 05-29-2003, 12:36 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by xpert
Would you people stop using the word "ricey" for everything!

The forum is starting to sound like it is run by teenagers with nothing interesting and important to write about. I'm guessing people write stuff without even checking if wether or not their remarks are gonna sound retarded!

I'm just tired of wasting my time checking confusing and pointless posts thinking I'm gonna find something interesting and helful in them!

Those in charge: Start deleting stupid posts!!!

P L E A S E ! ! ! ! !

my 0.02 cents
amen.

It's like a nasty plague...

Everyone is mindlessly throwing it around like their cars don't come from a country that includes "rice" in its regular diet.

And WTF do half the people here know about "rice"??

WTF does your middle aged middle america suburban @ss know about "Rice"???

*pheww* had to vent.

but please...Refraining from the word would be much appreciated

=)
Old 05-29-2003, 03:54 AM
ScottC

I little bit, but not too bad. Its not 2 Fast 2 Rice.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:07 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope!
Old 05-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Anyone else think the factory exhaust sounds "ricey?"

Originally posted by ChadO
I'm not trying to knock our Zs, but when I get ~4k RPM the exhaust leaves almost a ricey note, in my opinion.

Anyone else feel this way? I'd like a throatier sound a la Porsche A while back someone posted a video of a DB Z with a custom exhausted that sounded incredible. Anyone know to which I am referring? I couldn't find it in the search...
Absolutely not! The Zs exhaust is the best stock exhaust since the 1963 Jaguar XKE, IMO. I love the stock exhaust, its musical even, where other exhausts are just LOUD. I have used the radio and cd player 5 times since I picked up the car on 9/6/02 and I've had both the amp and the radio replaced under warranty, so their sound is acceptable. I like the sound of the car better at all speeds.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:37 PM
grayfox

I think it sounds very sexy. =) When I show the car to friends or folks who I find drooling over it wherever I've parked, I always start it up and rev it a bit so they can hear that glorious, silky engine.

Miaou!

Z is the cure for a bad day!
I was having a really bad day and had to make like the 3rd errand after I got home from work. Whipped out the Z, closed my eyes when I saw speed limit signs and returned home with a grin on my face.

*Love* driving this car. =)