2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

pulled over for tint??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
bring a different car.

oh and i have gotten plent of tint tickets (not in the z though) but i payed them. I dont think they would check the vin though. So give it a shot and if they say its not the same car then say oh **** that means i have my friends car and he has mine... ill be right back and then run!

that has to be the stupidest thing ever. do not try this unless you want another ticket
Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Black Duck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
bring a different car.

oh and i have gotten plent of tint tickets (not in the z though) but i payed them. I dont think they would check the vin though. So give it a shot and if they say its not the same car then say oh **** that means i have my friends car and he has mine... ill be right back and then run!

Someone pleassseee this thread........or should we just have a kids section?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:02 AM
medic165

Originally Posted by jdc350z
i see him breakiung hard......than slams his breaks again gets right behingd me on my *** and hits the lights.... finaly after .... harass me....just because im young and have a nice car.... does anyone no if this actualy works??....but i dont no ...
your spelling sucks! and just pay the ticket kid!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Ashley@Forged

...I didnt read all the posts, so excuse me if someone has already posted this:

In Ga, there is no tint laws. They can be as dark as you want them. There used to be tinting laws here, until a few years ago, an out of state driver was passing thru and got pulled over. He got harrassed and fined by a Ga State Trooper for the tint on his windows. He took them to court over this - b/c in the state he was from, that tint was allowed. He won the case, and since then there has been no tint laws - tint away!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Greg06

Originally Posted by Black Duck

Someone pleassseee this thread........or should we just have a kids section?
Agreed... a romper room for the kids sounds like a great idea.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
antennahead

Man, where were you older guys a few weeks ago when the rest of us needed you "smiles, a few of us were getting trashed by the romper room crowd. Nice to see the "mature crowd" stand up once in a while.
(although not to place them all in one category, some cops CAN be d**ks)
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Originally Posted by Ashley@Forged
...I didnt read all the posts, so excuse me if someone has already posted this:

In Ga, there is no tint laws. They can be as dark as you want them. There used to be tinting laws here, until a few years ago, an out of state driver was passing thru and got pulled over. He got harrassed and fined by a Ga State Trooper for the tint on his windows. He took them to court over this - b/c in the state he was from, that tint was allowed. He won the case, and since then there has been no tint laws - tint away!

Hmmmm..... Ive heard that there law is 32% but i looked it up and its pulling up that and the story about the guy you were saying.

Im curious cause i live in sc and i go over to savannah now and then and always keep my windows down because all ive heard is that the are real strict on tint.

?????????????

Anyone care to clarify this.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

The law number is 40-8-73.1

I cant find a clear answer
Old 10-26-2007, 04:54 AM
Z04

here is a good site, click on the state laws link

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automot...int-laws.html#

those listed are dated as of July 2007
Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by Chaser720
The law number is 40-8-73.1

I cant find a clear answer

South Carolina is as follows:

VLT% is a combination of film and glass
windshield is AS1 line
27% side glass
27% rear
reflectivity must not be reflective
restricted colors- red, amber, yellow
Old 10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
bamyi

90% of cops out there would not do what you just said. IF you did get a ticket, post the picture of the ticket then I'll believe you.

And even then, I would believe that you got the ticket but I think you over exgerated your story. It was probably given to you by a 80 year old meter maid who offered you cookies and milk.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Ashley@Forged

Originally Posted by Chaser720
Hmmmm..... Ive heard that there law is 32% but i looked it up and its pulling up that and the story about the guy you were saying.

Im curious cause i live in sc and i go over to savannah now and then and always keep my windows down because all ive heard is that the are real strict on tint.

?????????????

Anyone care to clarify this.
actually right after the new law was passed, a friend of mine had his windows completely blacked out. You could not see inside his car, no matter how hard we tried. We even pulled up right next to a cop, and the cop didnt do anything. I'm pretty sure you're windows can be as dark as you want them here now.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Chaser720
Lemoned Z

Cool. Well that makes my life a little easier since winter is on its way lol.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
flintgauge

as others have said, having extra dark window tint is a completely legit officer safety issue. It may be fine during the day, but I at night, we can't see a dang thing, that's how officers, and citizens get killed.

an officer could walk up on a gun and get shot point blank, as he approached the vehicle is unable to properly identify the person's behavior because of the dark, and mistakes a harmless act or object and opens fire on that person...

Trust me, it's for a good reason that there are laws regulating window tint. Many traffic stops for window tint have lead to the arrest of dangerous persons with outstanding warrants, stolen guns, and other stolen property...

oh, BTW, switching cars and plates will get you in big big trouble! just pay the fine.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by jdc350z
i was driving doing the speed limit minding my own business last week ...i see a cop up ahead going the opposite way on rt.40 (2 lane hwy with median in the middle) so after he passes me i see him breakiung hard...he cuts thru the median smokes his tires and comes up fullspeed on me... gets along side me and just stares for about half a mile...than slams his breaks again gets right behingd me on my *** and hits the lights..... so he comes up to the car and is a complete d%&k finaly after harrasing me for 20 min. he tells me he pulled me over for my tint.... now i have to get my $300 tint job removed..all because some a$$whole had nothing better to do than harass me....just because im young and have a nice car....anyways i was wondering if anybody knows any way of avoiding taking my tint off....iv heard of the eye doctor note...but does anyone no if this actualy works??.....my other idea was maybe taking my buddys z to the inspection ...its the same color ...but i dont no i they check the vin or just check the tint...so if u guys got any bright ideas please let me know

IT happend to me, i had to took them off....
No choice then move to other state. haha

and take your buddy's Z to inspection?....noway...

same color same Z but same VIN #
Old 10-31-2007, 07:54 AM
DouBLeJ16

I use to have 5% tint all the way around, and 30% on the entire windshield on my old car.

It looked great but I got pulled over 3 times for it, it just wasn't worth it, I put the normal legal tint on my Z.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Black Duck

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
I use to have 5% tint all the way around, and 30% on the entire windshield on my old car.

It looked great but I got pulled over 3 times for it, it just wasn't worth it, I put the normal legal tint on my Z.

Could you actually see anything at night??
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
errandz

I've also got 5% around and 30% on the windshield. It's a little hard to see the first few nights, but you get used to it.

One of my good friends (and neighbor) is a DPS officer and he commented on the tint. I live in Phoenix, AZ so they are a little more lenient about the tint here, but the advice I received from my friend was simply to just roll both windows down and turn on the interior lights (if at night) if I ever get pulled over.

It's been over 3 years with the car tinted like this and I have never been pulled over (knock on wood) so I can't comment.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
PFI350Z

LOL got pulled over for tint earlier today... Y? because my girlfriend got cold and rolled it up near a cop lol

Quick Reply: pulled over for tint??