Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Cruise on a 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM
sforsyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise on a 2007

Hey just a question to throw out there, I have had my z for 2 months bought brand new base, I really want to add factory curise control, Anyone done it yet? Or is it possible, I would love to get a hold of 07 cruise wiring diagrams and see what is needed. I am a mechanic by trade for 15 years on GM vehicles. Just learning the nissan. Best sports car ever owned hands down!! Love it. Thanks to anyone that can supply wiring schematics or knows how to put cruise in. Any info greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 05 Base w/out cruise control and I really do not miss it....my 03 had it and I used once...I just need an LSD now or a pumpkin swap. Just my 2 cents

BTW Welcome!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:43 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

After 5 years, I've yet to see anybody report that they've successfully added CC to a base Z. The Z is drive-by-wire so there's nothing to hook an aftermarket cruise control to and there's no way to enable or turn on cruise control in the ECU you have. Feel free to search the forum but I'm afraid you'll come to the same conclusion.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
sforsyth

I am sure there has to be a way to do it, even if i had to install switch and wires to ecu and get ecu reflashed by nissan, i know how they do it on gm vehicle's, I can't see how they can differ that much, I read a post about adding audio controls and how you can add the wires into the clock spring in the steering wheel so i know that's possible, i would love to see cruise schematics and see how they do control the throttle body through the ecm or another module? Yes i am kinda getting technical but if i can see how they do it i may be able to create it!! I love a challenge lol!!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nissan doesn't do "reflashes". The demand is so small (relatively few base models) that no one else has tried to modify the stock ECU to enable or add the capability.

I wouldn't doubt that the wiring harness is already there, all you would need is a steering wheel with controls. Again, the big hurdle is the ECU.

One thing that you will learn is that unlike domestics, the Nissan ECU is not something that can easily be accessed or modified.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:49 AM
RX350Z

I had a dealership try to sell me a base and swear they could add it(the salesman did).....needless to say the mechanic laughed and I went elsewhere
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sforsyth
I am sure there has to be a way to do it, even if i had to install switch and wires to ecu and get ecu reflashed by nissan, i know how they do it on gm vehicle's, I can't see how they can differ that much, I read a post about adding audio controls and how you can add the wires into the clock spring in the steering wheel so i know that's possible, i would love to see cruise schematics and see how they do control the throttle body through the ecm or another module? Yes i am kinda getting technical but if i can see how they do it i may be able to create it!! I love a challenge lol!!

if there was, you would figure that after 5+ years and the very intelligent people that have owned the Z for a long time woudl have figured it out already. sorry for the base people, there is no upgrade, should have bought the enthusiast
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Key Of Z

I'm just wondering why you would want one that much. I have it on my car but I don't even know if it works. It seems it would make more sense if you had an a/t, but at least with the base model, you have that great six speed!
Anyway, you have a great car. Enjoy it!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
sforsyth

Thanks for the input, I am sure there is a way to add it i just need the cruise schematics for a 07. I will try to get them somewhere and see whats all involved. The ecu may already have the program in it to control it just needs the signal from the cruise switch, not sure though. I am capable of adding the wires to the ecu and the switch etc. Thats about the only option i would change on the car. Thanks to the newbie 100 questions i had no idea about the window roll down using the key and the rear trunk switch above the license plate!! Found that out awesome!! This car is better every day!!