Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ARGHHHHH, my car is back from the dealer, but not right!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007 | 02:23 PM
VeeTec

Default ARGHHHHH, my car is back from the dealer, but not right!

So, I got my car back, after they replaced the slave cylinder and related parts, with supposed updated parts. I will be checking the part numbers, to see if they were really updated parts.

Anyway, the porter brings my car up, and I do the walk around, and immediately see a 2x2.5 inch paint transfer on the right side of the front bumper, as white paint sticks out on a SMB Z. I went straight to the service advisor, who is not my regular advisor, as that advisor is off until Monday, and showed him the new damage, as my car did not have any marks or damage when I dropped it off!

His reaction, "Well, I wasn't here when you dropped it off, so I don't know if that was there or not." I told him, "Well, I was here when I dropped my car off, and was there for the walk around, where the service advisor noted there was no damage or marks, and it is part of the service check in sheet you have".

Then he told me too bring it on Tuesday, when their paint guy is in, and he will get the paint off easily, with a high speed buffer. I told him that I wanted it gone, like it was never there, as it wasn't when I dropped the car off, and that I was very upset, after waiting for my car a week, just to get it back with damage.

I took a picture with my cell phone, which has a time and date stamp, to record the damage.

I then left the dealer, and while driving in heavy traffic the clutch pedal starts feeling mushy, just like before it goes to the floor, and on one occasion it does start to drop down about halfway, ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of replacing my clutch, along with the slave, they left the worn clutch, which is worn because of the faulty slave problem, which was severe when I dropped it off, but I don't think that is it alone. I think the pedal pressure problem is still there.

I got home, and as I got out of the car, the smell of burning clutch filled the garage. This after driving on the highway for about 25 miles!

I called the dealer, and will be returning the car tomorrow. I also took high resolution pics of the paint transfer, once I got home.

This is the second time they have attempted to fix the pedal drop issue on my car. The first time, they replaced the original parts with the same parts, but this time, they are supposed to have used an updated cylinder.

I am beside myself right now.

Last edited by VeeTec; 11-23-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2007 | 02:27 PM
TheBlackPearlZ
Banned

bro that really sucks...i dont even know if anything i say right now can console your anger...wow...so sorry
Old 11-23-2007 | 02:41 PM
timmays350

burn the dealership down, then find the auto tech that dicked up your ****, rape his wife and give his daughter herpes. that should get something accomplished
Old 11-23-2007 | 03:23 PM
SniperHunter

Post pics, duder. Sorry to hear about the problems.
Old 11-23-2007 | 03:27 PM
steve5

1 more and you can lemon law it.
Old 11-23-2007 | 03:32 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet
Premier Member

lets hope they screw it up again
Old 11-23-2007 | 03:50 PM
JonsilvZ

Dealers suck!
Old 11-23-2007 | 04:45 PM
Russ@Z1

Warren, I should introduce you to my recent hurdles with two local dealerships.

I actually ended up in an argument with a "certified" tech at one dealership after he installed my shifter backwards, left a bracket loose, and left some of my suspension/subframe loose.

I about killed someone.
Old 11-23-2007 | 04:48 PM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by russ713
Warren, I should introduce you to my recent hurdles with two local dealerships.

I actually ended up in an argument with a "certified" tech at one dealership after he installed my shifter backwards, left a bracket loose, and left some of my suspension/subframe loose.

I about killed someone.
what douche bags... backwards shift ****? really...
subframe lose?
Old 11-23-2007 | 05:05 PM
Russ@Z1

Oh...... yes. I literally wanted to rip their heads off their necks.
Old 11-23-2007 | 08:08 PM
Z Bear

Default Same problem with dealer/different fix....

NOT all dealers suck !! BUT....I had a similiar experience with a local dealership concerning a radio swap out for a new one....well, I'm not sure how the expert tech did this but my dog could have done a better job !!! They severely scratched my dash in the process and when I went to question them....the tech, the service manager & the other service tech that wrote the order...all laughed at me like I was speaking chinese.....I was HOT !! ...To make a long story short....you can have them try at it again & then you qualify for the lemon law.....or you can DO what I did to get results...report them, and call Nissan North America in Tenn....they take your information, call the dealer themself and find out what the story is. For the most part a warrantied part will get fixed, you just have to apply the pressure where it's most effective....Nissan gave me a new dash...and THAT my friend made all the difference in the world when it comes to car manufacturers.....Nissan stays strong & true to their customers....( sending a bikini pic might have helped me...lol...)
Old 11-23-2007 | 09:19 PM
VeeTec

NNA was responsible for getting the second repair. They will be getting a phone call.
Old 11-23-2007 | 09:33 PM
bboypuertoroc

You'd think, that by now, there'd be a damn fix for the clutch issue.

Sucks for all the trouble you gotta go through for this. It's almost worth not even having the car.

I would be LIVID if they damaged my **** and tried to play dumb.
Old 11-23-2007 | 09:42 PM
VitViper

VeeTec -- that sucks. It's time to find a dealer that is actually going to help. Also an FYI on the parts, I apparently got the "updated" slave cylinder as well but it was still under the same part # as the old one (it was back ordered for a while and I had to wait to get it).
Old 11-23-2007 | 09:47 PM
bandoon122

god that must suck
Old 11-23-2007 | 10:16 PM
phat04350z
Banned

Nissan is not known for there service depatment, sorry man
Old 11-23-2007 | 11:32 PM
Tomek350Z

Originally Posted by VeeTec
NNA was responsible for getting the second repair. They will be getting a phone call.
wait is there something im missing here....yours is a 07 with these kinds of problems....of course everyone with the 07 has the clutch noise problem and things of that sort..but is there some sort of recall on the slave cylinder?
Old 11-23-2007 | 11:50 PM
invazn

this sucks. no lie, i actually had a dream about my faulty clutch last night lol.
Old 11-24-2007 | 12:04 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
wait is there something im missing here....yours is a 07 with these kinds of problems....of course everyone with the 07 has the clutch noise problem and things of that sort..but is there some sort of recall on the slave cylinder?
WTF you talking about? Every Z has a noisy *** clutch/flywheel, not just the '07. The '07 is the first one with this specific issue. Not like the tranny's ever been great in the car save for 1 or 2 years.
Old 11-24-2007 | 12:41 AM
VitViper

Originally Posted by phat04350z
Nissan is not known for there service depatment, sorry man
Speak for yourself. My dealership has been great.

Quick Reply: ARGHHHHH, my car is back from the dealer, but not right!