Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer charges for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 12:46 AM
justwant1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also ordered a Touring, and I've never heard of that before.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:47 AM
SandMan

Nope, I wasn't charged a penny over msrp.
Alang

Mandatory for a buggering.

No, this purely a dealer markup tarted up to feel like less of a screwing. It may be mandatory that all cars sold at your dealer get this markup, and they probably throw in free oil changes or something like that, but it is not required from Nissan.

there is a $540 (I think) prep charge that is standard.
SunsetZ

You are getting screwed! Too bad you did not get msrp in writing with no extras. Seems like the $3K profit should have been enough, guess not for your dealer.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Dealer charges for 350Z

Originally posted by ss1971ss
I am curious to know if every Nissan dealership is charging $995.00 for a "Car Care Package" because the dealership where I ordered my 350Z Touring said it was mandatory. Please reply with your comments.
This conflicts with Nissan's instructions to their dealers to not charge over MSRP on preorder cars. I would report the dealer to 1800NISSAN1 and tell them about your Car Care Pkg for $995.

This the same old shell game dealers have used for years, its just paying for nothing, like "Added Dealer Profit" on popular cars. Did you preorder the car? If you did Nissan will jump on them, if this is not a preorder car, then Nissan will tell you the dealer sets the price. If you really want the car, you'll have to pay it or shop around for a better deal.

Boomer
BR/FR/AT

Last edited by Boomer; 08-08-2002 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:17 AM
justwant1

Unfortunatly, NNA, suggested to their dealers not to charge over MSRP. They can't enforce their dealers to abide by this suggestion. NNA sells the cars to the dealers and the dealers turn around and sell them to us. NNA stance is one of, they don't want to have the dealers sell over MSRP, but they can if they want. This is what I got when I reported a dealer selling their Z's over MSRP.
Old 08-08-2002, 01:40 AM
ccns23

Hmmm, you wouldn't have happened to have ordered your car from Devon Nissan? If so, I would really, really reconsider your purchase. I ordered my car from them and was also charged the $995 "Car Care Package" which is a bunch of crap. I would seriouly recommend that you DO NOT order your car from them. And here's why:

I gave them my deposit and ordered my car on April 15. I waited for my confirmation from NNA, and it didn't come!!! So I called NNA. They said that the never recieved my order!!! Imagine how po'ed I was. Then about two days later, NNA called and said they did receive my order. After some serious probing, I found out that Devon Nissan didn't place my order until sometime in May. They didn't know the exact date, but it was definately in May. They also charged the $995 fee, and have not responded to my repeated requests for information. I got so fed up with the situation that I cancelled my order and demanded my deposit back. Again, they didn't respond. Finally, I called NNA, AGAIN, and FINALLY got my deposit back. I really didn't want to cancel my order, but I was not going to give my hard earned $$$ to a dealer who couldn't give a crap about me.

So, unfortunately, I am not getting a Z in the first batch. I will be getting one, just not from them. I am going to wait until sometime next year when the hype dies down a little (wishful thinking, I know) or maybe just get the convertible. I am very bummed about the whole situation, but I couldn't justify giving my $$$ to those people.

In short, if you ordered a car from Devon Nissan, I would call them and find out the story behind your car. You may be waiting a lot longer than you think for it.

Oh, and I also talked to someone else who had the same situation happen at the same dealer. My advice, watch out!!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 01:55 AM
ZGATOR

I paid $540 dealer prep + MSRP. I think the dealer prep is BS but how could I argue for $540 when there were dealers charging $3000 over sticker for the car.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:07 AM
ZGATOR

You are absolutelty right. It is a destination charge - sorry. In any case the dealer prep charge of $900 is major BS. Tell them you don't want any preparation/treatments.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:10 AM
rep15

So ZGATOR how does it feel NOT getting ripped off by the dealer......
Old 08-08-2002, 02:36 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I was charged MSRP plus $795 "dealer prep". I went round and round with them over this going so far as to talk to the sales manager. He absolutely won't budge stating that ALL his cars (not only 350Z's) get this charge. It is completely bogus. They are already making $3000-3500 profit on the car at MSRP and they want more. They really don't care what you tell them either. They just say that they wold be more than happy to return my deposit. What they means is they could then turn around and sell my car to someone else for WHATEVER they wanted (over MSRP).
Old 08-08-2002, 03:25 AM
Lee3Z

So far my dealer has not tried to add any additional charges over MSRP, however, I figure they will try to pull something when I pick up the car and arrange payment. At this time they probably will try to add dealer prep charges and get you to buy and extended warranty. Do not fall for this,refuse the extended warranty and dealer prep. If you want the extended warranty it is much cheaper to shop around for the best price on your own. This is a big cash cow for the dealer.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:51 AM
rahilio

got mine last week at msrp except for the 480$ for pdi inspection and prep
Old 08-08-2002, 07:12 AM
rahilio

dont think so
got the kickplates and matts included
ohh some bs 6.50 lead acid and tire disposole fee was added too
maybe some state req? in flroida?
well im pretty happy with the price
Old 08-08-2002, 07:30 AM
factorypolaris

When i ordered my Z, I got it in writing that it was to be sold to me at MSRP and no Higher. He agreed to that and singed it. Now there is a $600 dollar delivery charge. Should I have to pay that?
Old 08-08-2002, 11:36 PM
Boomer

Default Dealer Charges

Originally posted by VQracer
You have a sound clip of him singing?

The $600 dollar destination charge is standard issue, everyone pays it. Some are luckyand don't have to pay for it but it's not a big deal to me since many cars have this standard. $600 dollars is ripping you. It's $540 for me and many others. They are getting $60 buks from you
VQ is right, everyone pays destination charges, period. No dealer will waive those charges. You should point out to him the destination charge is $540 for every Z imported into this country, not $600, why are his charges $60 more? No matter what his answer is(BS,usually); the bottom line is are you willing to refuse delivery of your Z over $60? If I had waited for 8 months for the car of my dreams, a $60 rip-off wouldnt stop me from taking delivery. I could do a lot things after I got the car, but I wouldn't walk away over $60.

Boomer
BR/FR/AT
Old 08-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Boomer

Default Dealer Charges

Originally posted by VQracer
You have a sound clip of him singing?

The $600 dollar destination charge is standard issue, everyone pays it. Some are luckyand don't have to pay for it but it's not a big deal to me since many cars have this standard. $600 dollars is ripping you. It's $540 for me and many others. They are getting $60 buks from you
VQ is right, everyone pays destination charges, period. No dealer will waive those charges. You should point out to him the destination charge is $540 for every Z imported into this country, not $600, why are his charges $60 more? No matter what his answer is(BS,usually); the bottom line is are you willing to refuse delivery of your Z over $60? If I had waited for 8 months for the car of my dreams, a $60 rip-off wouldnt stop me from taking delivery. I could do a lot things after I got the car, but I wouldn't walk away over $60.

Boomer
BR/FR/AT

Quick Reply: Dealer charges for 350Z