2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who's checking out your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 04:17 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by buzzdsm
I was in a convienece store yesterday and the girl behind the counter (about 21) started talking and here is how it went:

is that your car?
Yep
I love that car. I've never seen another one like it.
Ya it's a lot of fun
How much does it cost per month?
Since I had a trade in only about $350 a month
$350 a month oh my god I want to live with you.

As you can tell this girl was young and ditzy. I had a real strong urge to tell the girl that just because you have a big car payment (it really isn't that big) doesn't mean you have any money. Although I probably seemed rich to her. Maybe I'll go back and tack advantage of her young ***! Just kidding.
I had somebody ask me that...that was a dumber question than "how much did it cost?" Too many factors involved.

I told her $0 a month, and she couldn't understand the concept.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:53 PM
ChadO

I receive a lot of the proverbial thumbs up from guys my age (23).

I get A LOT of stares, pointing, etc., from little kids. It's rather funny, because the younger guys seem to really be attracted to the car. Maybe it's the color (DB)?

Guys pretty much of all ages salivate over the car. It's a guy thing I guess.

A lot of females I've spoken to think it's "cute", or they just couldn't care less. "That's a what? A Z?"
Old 06-05-2003, 11:50 PM
Hammerman
Got twisties?

My Z has gotten looks and inquiries mostly from guys.

The funniest was when I was walkiing back to my car after shopping at a nearby AT&T Wireless store. I'm about 20 ft from my car and I see one of our local LEOs step out of his nearby squad car and move towards my car on a intercept path. He starts to say "excuse me sir..." and I'm thinking to myself, 'what the ****, did I park crooked or something' and he walks up to me looking all business then says like a buddy "Hey! How do you like your car?!?!?!? It sure looks neat. Been thinking about getting one!" We proceeded to chat for the next 15 minutes about how great a car it was, etc. etc., he sat in my car and kept saying "wow this is great! I gotta get one."
Old 06-06-2003, 02:52 AM
spinninbackfist

Yeah mostly guys check it out, But there are my girlfriends, girlfriends that alway want to go for a ride in it. For the most part I believe girls don't really care, cause I've seem them thinking there in some hot ride when its a tercell with a big a$$ wing on the back.........lol
Old 06-06-2003, 04:31 AM
guerojo

Let me see. From my experience here's how it breaks down.

Young guys look but dont say anything, just look.
Older men look and usually try having a conversation about the car, performance and such.
Young girls eyes light up and go around the car but they dont really say anything.
Women always either roll the window down and say something or will get all in the car and check it out.

Well that's how I have noticed it. It's been that way here in Dallas.