Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

the ZEDTowing a jet ski

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 AM
raduly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys know why both U-Haul and etrailer.com only list hitches for year model 2004 and up and nobody has anything for a 2003 350z. I didn't think anything changed up till 2005.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 PM
folddem

Originally Posted by SoCal.VQ35DE
Man I am so jealous. I first saw the Ute a few months ago and now that Pontiac is thinking about bringing it across the pond as a G8 SST I am super excited. I've seen tons of vids on youtube since I saw it.

How does your buddy like his? Does he have the LS2?

I was also a big fan of the GTO that we stole from you guys (The Holden Monero). LOL I guess I like Aussie cars

There are many types of utes in Aus, anything with a tray at the back is classified as a ute. My mate drives a Holden Maloo, i'm not sure if you have these in the states or not.
Yeah word around town is you guys love the Monaro, they stopped production on the Aussie Monaro early last year i think. Do they still sell the Monaro new over there?
Here is AUS GTO's and Monaros are everywhere
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

I agree, it's just ... wrong, you just don't do it

it's kinda seeing a Corvette or a lambo with a Pizza Hut delivery box on the roof lol
Old 01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
skinnhc

imho do want YOU want...it's your car. YOUR MONEY. I personaly would not do it. I just think that if you have the $$ to get a jet sky..a couple of grand more you can get a beat up car or truck to use instead.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM
SoCal.VQ35DE

Originally Posted by folddem
There are many types of utes in Aus, anything with a tray at the back is classified as a ute. My mate drives a Holden Maloo, i'm not sure if you have these in the states or not.
Yeah word around town is you guys love the Monaro, they stopped production on the Aussie Monaro early last year i think. Do they still sell the Monaro new over there?
Here is AUS GTO's and Monaros are everywhere
Naah, they rebranded them as a Pontiac GTO, but the sales slumped because people didn't like the looks of it. They stopped making them in 2006 They hold a good resale here though because they were a limited production vehicle and was probably the cheapest car you could buy that had 400hp

I test drove one that had the LS1 5.7L 350hp and it was mighty quick, but I would have loved to test drive one of the LS2 6.0 400-hp engines.

I did drive a 6.0L 400hp SSR (The closest the states have seen to a ute since the ElCamino in the 80's) and it was cool, but priced at $55k usd it was way too expensive.

ssr - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_SSR
gtp (aka holden monaro) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_gto

I also like (for many diffeent reasons) the "Chevy" Tornado that is also not a US-branded vehicle. I saw them all over Mexico. I like them because they appear to be based loosly on the cavalier (Which is a budget car here) so they are cheap, get good gas mileage, and still allow you to have a little of the utility of a truck.

Chevy Tornado - http://jalopnik.com/cars/el-camino/t...ado-168472.php

cheers from the US!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnhc
imho do want YOU want...it's your car. YOUR MONEY. I personaly would not do it. I just think that if you have the $$ to get a jet sky..a couple of grand more you can get a beat up car or truck to use instead.
You don't know how to read do you? Do you know what is involved in car ownership in his country ?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:12 AM
skinnhc

Originally Posted by terrasmak
You don't know how to read do you? Do you know what is involved in car ownership in his country ?
"Car ownership in this country"... wow...I'm not even going to bother to give my 0.2 about how close minded that comment sounded. Apparently people like to go out of their way to make senseless remarks. If money is no object he could get a beat up car. That's what my post was about.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

"Car ownership in this country"... wow...I'm not even going to bother to give my 0.2 about how close minded that comment sounded. Apparently people like to go out of their way to make senseless remarks. If money is no object he could get a beat up car. That's what my post was about.
LIke yours , have you read his post where he says the cost of buying a beater is way to much for registration etc etc in the country that he lives in ? Have you ever lived in and registered a vehicle in another country? Closed minded, would be thinking that everything is just like living in the United States.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
skinnhc

Originally Posted by terrasmak
LIke yours , have you read his post where he says the cost of buying a beater is way to much for registration etc etc in the country that he lives in ? Have you ever lived in and registered a vehicle in another country? Closed minded, would be thinking that everything is just like living in the United States.
Here we go. Dude (or whatever you are) to answer your questions YES. I happened to live in 2 different countries WITH registered vehicles before coming back to the States and I am very well aware of the cost of it. I just gave my opinion. Your "cyberthug" "know it all" responses say a lot about your demeanor...go back and read the response TONYCHU made about your comment on his thread..
Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Here we go. Dude (or whatever you are) to answer your questions YES. I happened to live in 2 different countries WITH registered vehicles before coming back to the States and I am very well aware of the cost of it. I just gave my opinion. Your "cyberthug" "know it all" responses say a lot about your demeanor...go back and read the response TONYCHU made about your comment on his thread..
Really couldnt care what tonychu says. Cyberthug LOL , look at yourself, to bad you don't seem to have any knowledge to back up what you say.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:47 PM
MrElo

You could use one of these
Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
raduly

Ok, so... Do you guys know why both U-Haul and etrailer.com only list hitches for year model 2004 and up and nobody has anything for a 2003 350z. I didn't think anything changed up till 2005.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by raduly
Ok, so... Do you guys know why both U-Haul and etrailer.com only list hitches for year model 2004 and up and nobody has anything for a 2003 350z. I didn't think anything changed up till 2005.
03 to 08 is all the same
Old 01-15-2008, 07:11 AM
raduly

Well the 06 rear bumper is slightly different, cause they list a diff. hitch for 06
But from what I know 03 to 05 are the same. I ordered a 04 hitch for my 03 cause Uhaul people said there is no hitch for 03.
Thanx for your answer.