Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivetrain Rumble ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 01:23 PM
jehjr68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivetrain Rumble ?

I was wondering if my Z is normal. My car has a few clicks over 2200 miles and from day one I have felt that their was an aweful lot of vibration transmitted from the drivetrain to the driver. Now, let me start off by saying that I don't have any gear grinding or problems from the tranny ... it is a little loud though. The main thing is that upon clutch takeup, I can feel a pulsation/vibration at the point of engagement in the pedal. It seems especially bad before the car "warms up". Do you guys feel the same thing? I do have the throwout bearing noise, but that seems very common. My car had it since 50 mile on the ODO.

The car really runs great though and pulls like tractor ! It just sorta has this drivetrain rumble.

Johnny
03 Daytona Blue Performance
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
frizille

My shift **** has always vibrated a lot more than any other car I have had. From reading the forums this sounds pretty common.

What I'm getting now, that is gettng progressively worse, is when I'm up around 4500 rpm, going from 3rd to 4th, I get a really bad rumble in the drivetrain (bad enough I can feel the vibration in the clutch) and the car loses some pull for a few seconds. No grinding in the gears, no mods, just a stock 04' Enthusiast with 8500 miles.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jehjr68
I was wondering if my Z is normal. My car has a few clicks over 2200 miles and from day one I have felt that their was an aweful lot of vibration transmitted from the drivetrain to the driver. Now, let me start off by saying that I don't have any gear grinding or problems from the tranny ... it is a little loud though. The main thing is that upon clutch takeup, I can feel a pulsation/vibration at the point of engagement in the pedal. It seems especially bad before the car "warms up". Do you guys feel the same thing? I do have the throwout bearing noise, but that seems very common. My car had it since 50 mile on the ODO.

The car really runs great though and pulls like tractor ! It just sorta has this drivetrain rumble.

Johnny
03 Daytona Blue Performance
It's pretty normal I think...its the stiff engine mounts.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
elms350Z

I was concerned about this myself. It seems pretty normal from what I hear on this forum. It does vibrate quite a bit, but I've gotten used to it. I just hope it doesn't get worse. The drivetrain is a bit loud. I noticed last weekend when they Dyno'ed a 350Z track and a G35 Coupe at Stillen. They were both stock maybe one had an intake or exhaust. But the Z's drivetrain was a lot louder. For supposedly being the same car, they sounded very different. The Z sounded a bit more fierce . Although 242 to the wheels was not too impressive .

Last edited by elms350Z; 06-06-2005 at 11:35 AM.