Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Checked out a Z today: is it an enthusiast or base?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008 | 05:33 PM
BEbengali

Default Checked out a Z today: is it an enthusiast or base?

I found a 2007 350Z online and went to go check it out today - it was for sale at a Honda dealerhsip. It has 13,200 miles listed for $24,990, but I can get it for $23,000. The online ad says it has cruise control, but in the pictures, I noticed it did not have any driver controls on the steering wheel. The window sticker also says it has a viscous LSD. When looking at the car today, it does not have cruise control. It also does not have aluminum pedals, and it has cloth seats. These things make me think it's a base model, but the salesman said when they bring up the VIN, it says it's an enthusiast. He called a friend who has been working at Nissan for a long time and he said that in 2007 it was an option to get an enthusiast without some of the things (cruise control, alum. pedals, etc)

They're supposed to look more into it and give me a call.

What do you guys think? Base model for sure, or could the Enthusiast really come without some of those options? Also, on an Enthusiast, is there supposed to be a traction control button right above the driver's left knee? I believe the VDC button is supposed to be in that location, but I'm not sure about traction control. Anyways, it did not have either buttons.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 02-08-2008 | 05:41 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by BEbengali
Base model for sure
Old 02-08-2008 | 05:52 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by BEbengali
I found a 2007 350Z online and went to go check it out today - it was for sale at a Honda dealerhsip. It has 13,200 miles listed for $24,990, but I can get it for $23,000. The online ad says it has cruise control, but in the pictures, I noticed it did not have any driver controls on the steering wheel. The window sticker also says it has a viscous LSD. When looking at the car today, it does not have cruise control. It also does not have aluminum pedals, and it has cloth seats. These things make me think it's a base model, but the salesman said when they bring up the VIN, it says it's an enthusiast. He called a friend who has been working at Nissan for a long time and he said that in 2007 it was an option to get an enthusiast without some of the things (cruise control, alum. pedals, etc)

They're supposed to look more into it and give me a call.

What do you guys think? Base model for sure, or could the Enthusiast really come without some of those options? Also, on an Enthusiast, is there supposed to be a traction control button right above the driver's left knee? I believe the VDC button is supposed to be in that location, but I'm not sure about traction control. Anyways, it did not have either buttons.

Thanks,
Brian

It's a base. Enthusiast "did not" have an option to not have cruise control or aluminum pedals. It was a standard option. However, Enthusiast did come with cloth seats. It should also have the TCS button for the "standard" traction control. That salesman is full of crap...
Old 02-08-2008 | 06:08 PM
BADASSTT

That salesman is taking you for a ride. It's a Base. But for being a base model the price is right.
Old 02-08-2008 | 06:10 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Like everyone else, BASE!!
Old 02-08-2008 | 06:54 PM
kramykram

Yeah man, definatly a base. When i purchased my 04 in 06, they told me mine was a enthusiast. I didn't know any better, but found out a week later it was just a base so i called and cursed them out. They sent me a check for the differnce in the kbb price of each car. came out to about 900 bucks or so but that paid for my rims and tires so i was happy.
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:29 PM
BEbengali

Awesome, thanks everyone.

It does still seem like a decent deal (I thought it was a base to begin with). And it is Carbon Silver, which is what I wanted. But I also can get a Black 2007 Enthusiast with 8,550 miles for $23,900 at an Infiniti dealership. I love the way the Z looks in black, but I don't know if I can deal with a black car.
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:48 PM
SargentZ

Your dealer is a "base" head.

Get the Enthusiast Black, you won't regret it.
Old 02-08-2008 | 07:51 PM
kramykram

lol yeah you will miss not having the cruise control. i bought an 03 touring with cruise and took it out for aftermarket steering wheel. after a nice long drive to atlanta i realize i want it back.
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:04 PM
ladyzed

****, lol. This reminds me of our local Nissan dealership selling a 2005 350Z Base, but saying online it had cruise, HID, etc. and they called it an enthusiast line.

I saw it in person, didn't have HIDs, no aluminum pedals, no homelink, no cruise at all. I took it for a test drive anyways, no traction at all.

BEST PART:
I asked how can this be an Enthusiast trim level? There's no HIDs, no cruise, etc.etc. Salesperson response: "They" (Nissan?) must have removed those options for this trim level for CANADA!

LOLLLL.

Yes, Nissan took out all the options, while being built in Japan for Canada's market. Too bad the car was from Cerritos, CA. - Ex-US car.
Old 02-08-2008 | 09:23 PM
vnarang

Originally Posted by ladyzed
****, lol. This reminds me of our local Nissan dealership selling a 2005 350Z Base, but saying online it had cruise, HID, etc. and they called it an enthusiast line.

I saw it in person, didn't have HIDs, no aluminum pedals, no homelink, no cruise at all. I took it for a test drive anyways, no traction at all.

BEST PART:
I asked how can this be an Enthusiast trim level? There's no HIDs, no cruise, etc.etc. Salesperson response: "They" (Nissan?) must have removed those options for this trim level for CANADA!

LOLLLL.

Yes, Nissan took out all the options, while being built in Japan for Canada's market. Too bad the car was from Cerritos, CA. - Ex-US car.
ROFL.
Old 04-01-2008 | 07:19 AM
davidv

2007 Mag Black 350Z Enthusiast

Congratulations!
Old 04-01-2008 | 05:07 PM
BEbengali

^ Haha thanks man. I love the car.