Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

STi owner asked did I buy the 350Z just for its looks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008 | 11:26 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
i must say i do like the look of the 05 ONLY!!. .that to me was the best year. .and it's faster than the newer year models. . .
Not true, the 07 has better gear ratios and a vf43 as apposed to a vf39. The blobs eyes do look sick as hell compared to the hawkeyes. The bug eyes are ugly as hell to me.
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:33 AM
iMikie

Z's are bringin sexy back

STI's are bringin ugly back

/thread.

I'd rather cruise in a sexy ride
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:45 AM
Jeff92se

Ask him how many ralleys he's competed in and why did he buy is STI? The STI and EVO are meant to be tossed in the dirt, not on the streets.

Originally Posted by Donsred350Z
STi owner asked did I buy the 350Z just for it's looks? He goes on to say that I certainly didn't buy it because it's the fastest sportcar in its price range, nor the best handling sports car in this price range, and it's not the most practical in it's range. Why did I buy the Nissan because it was a Nissan? He stated man I don't get it. If I wanted a Porsche I wouldn't buy a look a like, he goes on to say.

My comment was because it was a Z-car, no one has to ask if its a Sports car by looking, no one has to ask what it is, its either a Z car or a Porsche.
Its fast enough and handles well enough that it puts a smile on my face while standing inside or outside it.

The STi I've driven are impressive while driving but a stop sign they look like a kid that stole his dad credit car and bought 3rd party parts to built it.

And standing outside it almost make you wanta cry or laugh. I know this is objective viewing. I have nothing but praise for the STi drive train and performance but its hard to look at and say its a Sports car more a mud racer/rally car brought to the street.

In hindsight I'd pick a 350Z car over a STi anyday, but I wouldn't race one.

Now if I had to choose one car for all seasons it would be the funny looking awd STi, but for a Sports Car the Z all the way. I got a jeep so I don't need a Subraru. We agreed to disagree.

How would you have answered him with out fist it cuffs?
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:46 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
Not true, the 07 has better gear ratios and a vf43 as apposed to a vf39. The blobs eyes do look sick as hell compared to the hawkeyes. The bug eyes are ugly as hell to me.

have you ever driven an sti?? 05 or 07??. .customer's 07's compared to her 05 . .are somewhat slow. .
Old 03-07-2008 | 11:47 AM
PM-Performance

Something about AWD makes people's D**k's bigger. I dont get it.
Modded they can be fast and handle extremely well, but not on the top of my list. My friend has a well modded one and its pretty sick. He loves my Z though for what it is. Totally different cars and cant compare.

Should have asked that guy why he bought the STI and not the EVO. Evo's are faster and handle better. That would have really pissed him off.
Old 03-07-2008 | 12:23 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

[QUOTE=DraGonAlchemist]haha. .ask him if he saw any STi's in a CAR movie. .(tokyo drift)

/[QUOTE]

fail
Old 03-07-2008 | 12:24 PM
DraGonAlchemist

[QUOTE=DaytonaRoadster][QUOTE=DraGonAlchemist]haha. .ask him if he saw any STi's in a CAR movie. .(tokyo drift)

/

fail
was a joke man. .

wtf does fail mean anyway?

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 03-07-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2008 | 01:36 PM
gsazabi

LOL you should've asked the guy if he bought the STi just for the performance cuz anyone who thinks Sti looks good is fuking INSANE.
Old 03-07-2008 | 01:56 PM
Firebase99

Originally Posted by bobS
Not to start anything, but i've seen it go both ways with an sti. I've pulled on a sti in my 287 hp stock Z and i was with my buddy in his g35c and we were neck and neck, slightly pulling on a sti that also had a passenger and aftermarket exhaust. ITs not as cut and dry and some people would like to think.
Ive done it twice from a dead dig, first time he had me by a car up UNTIL about 100 then I pulled away. Second time I had a half car on him and pulled away at 100mph. 05, non-rev up.
Old 03-07-2008 | 02:01 PM
DaytonaRoadster
Banned

you know i always wanted an AWD rally call that looks like a retarded Camry
Old 03-07-2008 | 03:07 PM
trains1937

Originally Posted by blazefast
I agree with most of the statements here.

That guy was obviously trying to stir up trouble.

I have a buddy with an STi and, while I do respect the car immensely, I'd never buy one as my only car. The motor is easy to mod and make fast, and the AWD is super nice in the rain/snow/offroad/etc. However, as others have said, the car is just NOT a sports car -- it's a sedan with more power and different styling, and you can feel that when you're driving it (chassis wobble / body roll)
The Z on the other hand is a true sports car with the classic 2-door, 2-seater, front engine, RWD setup. The car feels solid and absolutely planted to the road at any speed.

As far as looks, the STi has something.. a certain je ne sais quoi if you will, which I like. However, take off all the racer styling, and you're left with some of the most BORING lines I've ever seen on the road. The Z on the other hand -- gorgeous at almost any angle. Aesthetically speaking, I hate most cars on the road today, but the Z had me at first sight. Truly a magnificent looking design (especially 06+).

It's all a matter of what the owner wants really, but for me, the choice was clear -- timeless looks, good power, and excellent overall performance for a price that couldn't be beat!

+1 million. You speak the total truth on this issue and I could not have said it better. In addition, you also speak French.
Old 03-07-2008 | 06:26 PM
kaizenro1

This should be your reflex when someone says that...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IetCw9kt1pg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IetCw9kt1pg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 03-07-2008 | 06:32 PM
DanielW
Banned

Old 03-08-2008 | 06:20 AM
Kolia

Funny the EVO magazine always comes up in these discussions.

Yep, the 350Z is listed as the Best Small Coupe.
And the STi is the Best Sport Saloon

The STi is definitively faster than a Z. But the drive is nowhere as rewarding as the Z experience. RWD just can't be beat!

Stupid people's comment shouldn't be mistaken as a "STi owner's trait". They're just stupid people! Some of them even drive Z's...
Old 03-08-2008 | 08:57 AM
RobO350z

Originally Posted by angelo350z
I'm sorry, but your friend's an idiot fanboy. A real car enthusiast understands and appreciates a vehicle's dynamics regardless of the make, model, drivetrain layout, etc. I have always liked the STi and have always known they were faster than my Z. The thing is, I didn't care since the Z was the only car that made me look back everytime I leave it. AWD is great, but I prefer RWD on my cars. Pure sports cars should be RWD IMHO.

I agree on the looking back part, I went to work and parked(what seemed like 5 miles away lol)in the empty lot and looked back six times.
Old 03-08-2008 | 09:03 AM
cow

I would have told him to go pound sand. I don't need some random dude's approval to justify my purchase.

Either that, or I would've asked him how much ***** he's pulled in his grocery getter & said something like, "350z's-- helping ugly white guys get laid since 2003."

Last edited by cow; 03-08-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-08-2008 | 09:34 AM
DraGonAlchemist

i love my Z for the look and feel. .and i love my GF's car for when someones talks some racing crap. .i bring the sti to let em have it. .

thats about it!
Old 03-08-2008 | 10:44 AM
mw9

I drive my buddies 07 the other day, completely stock. Sure its fast, but I don't think its much fun as our Z's. It would be nice to have one when the weather sucks, but I agree they aren't the best looking cars. I love the look of our Z's.
Old 03-08-2008 | 01:20 PM
3fittyBiH

i hate STi`s and their gay *** owners. you shouldve told him to go rally himself off a cliff
Old 03-08-2008 | 01:51 PM
marhot

I wouldn't have given the moron any answer.

Quick Reply: STi owner asked did I buy the 350Z just for its looks?