2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z got totaled today. Twice =(

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:28 AM
marhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z350boy
Quote:
Why is he wrong!!???? If someone has a valid claim - as does the OP - they have EVERY right to seek the MAXIMUM compensation due to them.
The operative words here are valid claim. I agree with you if one has a valid claim.

Re-read jcleary47's post & my reply. The problem I have is with the "...abuse the system right back" line.

When one states the opinion of " abusing the system", I don't consider that a valid claim.

PS: I agree with ncparamedic. Re-read his post.

Last edited by marhot; 03-14-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 AM
jray8

Sorry to hear about your loss, but congratulations, you may be a GT-R owner soon!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM
THE_SCHROED

had to do it
Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sooo sorry to hear this.. your story was unbelievably sad. you seem really shook up about it, as anyone would be.

good luck with dealing with the headache of the paperwork and legalwork that this is going to involve.. i hope you reach a settlement that's satisfactory.

get another z! stay here with the family
Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by THE_SCHROED
had to do it
agreed. .sounds like a good story though. .my ? is how in the hell does a fed ex truck smash your car agian when the cops were blocking it and Cops Lights were blazing EVERYONE goes slow when cops are on the scene. .kinda far fetched.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ncparamedic
Please tell me you are kidding??? I've been a paramedic in NC for the last 18 years and never heard of such..lol..
No, I'm being serious... He said that that's what he was told, by a couple paramedics, that he knows, here in Fayetteville.

Last edited by dmroberson; 03-14-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:39 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by dmroberson
No, I'm being serious... He said that that's what he was told, by a couple paramedics, that he knows, here in Fayetteville.
Paramedic humor.. gotta love the ones who fall for it
Old 03-14-2008, 08:42 AM
dmroberson

Paramedic humor.. gotta love the ones who fall for it
Well, I stand corrected... and the joke's on my brother. Hope he doesn't get into an accident anytime soon...
Old 03-14-2008, 08:46 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

just tell him not to **** himself thinking its going to get him an extra 5K. All it will get him is some strange looks from the FD and EMS..
Old 03-14-2008, 08:47 AM
bigmuscle

Do you get two insurance checks since you were involved in two separate accidents? One for the depreciated value of the car before it was hit and another for the depreciated 'value' after it was hit?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:51 AM
jcleary47

I work for an insurance company, and believe me, there is plenty of premium to spare on claims whether they are fake or not, and unless your insurance company is in a hole financially, they have plenty of resources available for claims. I'm not saying milk them dry, because then they will investigate it, but at least seek a reasonable amount to what you deserve for your troubles.

If you have an accident like the OP's, and you DON'T claim injury, you are going to get shortchanged and shafted by the insurance company and you won't get nearly what you should.

Keep in mind that he's going to have to deal with the hassle of finding a new car, he may have to miss time from work to deal with some of this, and certain things in his life could be off-track for a little while.

The insurance company doesn't care about those things, so it is your responsibility to make sure you get all the $$ you deserve.

Don't worry about it partner, you aren't stealing from anyone.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM
tripndesi

I'd like to point out one thing. And thanks for the support / guidance I've gotten so far. It is greatly appreciated. No, I will not file a bogus claim to get more money. It's just not me and part of the statement is influenced by a belief in karma. I am just at shock right now that I am here alive. I wish I had some pictures (no digital cam on phone) to show the extreme hit. Perhaps when I go see the car at the shop, I'll get some pictures tonight. It's just unbelieveable. When she hit my car, as mentioned before she hit another hybrid car. 2 cop cars were already behind their cars and the 3rd was at the intersection waiting to make a u-turn and get behind my car. While the 3rd cop was approaching, thats when the FedEx truck passed the cop by put and then my car out of its misery. I'm going to the tow truck shop this evening. It was a long shot but called the shop and asked them to email me some pics but she couldnt. For any skeptics out there, expect to see pictures of this mess.

On a promising note, I couldn't help but look at other Z's for sale online. The link below is a seller on Craigs List who says it has a clear title, no major repairs or damage done. Thoughts? Spare the flames, but I want an Automatic. The Corolla depresses me.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/605283264.html

Again, thanks for the support.

Mark
Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 AM
SupermanZ

That sucks man. I'm glad to hear everyone was ok. Good luck with all that. Get another Z.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:58 AM
O_SO_ICY_Z

I feel your pain man. about a month ago i was slammed into a cement barrier goin 70 in my STi. i have no idea how i wasn't injured but my airbags didn't deploy or anything. i guess its crazy how things work out but i'm sorry to hear about your loss but on the bright side i ended up with a Z lol.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 PM
z350boy
Banned

A valid claim is one thing but to fake an injury is something else. Look at the big picture here. Not only are you committing fraud but you are using and wasting resources (i.e. physicians, nurses, hospitals, chiropracters etc..) that could be helping other people that really need it.

I say get as much compensation (legally) for your car as possible and if you lost time away from work due to an injury, then try and get that back, but to fake or exaggerate an injury to get more money for your car is wrong. Insurance is not here to make money off of, it is there to make the person whole, i.e. to where they were 1 sec before the wreck.

And people wonder why insurance rates are high...

Bad advise guys...

I agree !!! I was referring to a person being fairly compensated for property damages and medical expenses incurred. "Pain & suffering" is more of a gray area.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:19 PM
usmanasif

I've never met a desi named Mark before...

VERY sorry to hear about this. It is absolutely ridiculous and terrible bad luck. You need to take both parties to the cleaners BIG TIME! Sue them for property damage AND sue the lady for injuries; make SURE your attorney covers you for any future discomfort you might feel from this accident, no matter how long from now.

Your insurance company will have to pay you market value of the car. The loan you had on it has absolutely nothing to do with it. You will pay that with the money you will get.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
z350boy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z350boy
Quote:
Why is he wrong!!???? If someone has a valid claim - as does the OP - they have EVERY right to seek the MAXIMUM compensation due to them

Originally Posted by marhot
The operative words here are valid claim. I agree with you if one has a valid claim.

Re-read jcleary47's post & my reply. The problem I have is with the "...abuse the system right back" line.

When one states the opinion of " abusing the system", I don't consider that a valid claim.

PS: I agree with ncparamedic. Re-read his post.
I think we are on the same page here. The OP has the right to be fairly compensated for all damages; property, personal and maybe future medical expenses.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
03BrickyardZ

Old 03-14-2008, 01:00 PM
dmroberson

just tell him not to **** himself thinking its going to get him an extra 5K. All it will get him is some strange looks from the FD and EMS..
lol, I might not tell him, just so he can do it, and get the strange looks...
Old 03-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Bolaz

FTL, but im gald to hear your ok. welcome to the club.

Subscribing for pics................

Quick Reply: My Z got totaled today. Twice =(