Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This just ruined my day! Sept 10.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 12:48 AM
NJZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer told me that I should be taking delivery of my car by the end of August. I'm beginning to doubt that because he hasn't given me a VIN# yet. He told me this at the end of July. I haven't asked him about my VIN# recently but he said that he would call me when they recieve it. I'll still be happy with an early September delivery but I just think that my dealer is starting to pull information out of his ***. Thoughts anyone?
Old 08-15-2002, 01:54 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: you're right! i'll try to hang in there...

Originally posted by matt@importlife.tv
Are their any good Nissan Dealerships out there inthe Tris-state area that will be getting Nismo parts?
Matt:

I have 110% faith and trust in the guys at O'Brien Nissan in Hawthorne, NJ. Family friends for eons, my dad bought his 1970 240Z from them, I bought two cars from them, and will pick up my 350Z in a few weeks. Their service department is 2nd to none, and is fully accredited by Stillen, so I'm sure they'll be doing the Nismo thing once the parts are released. (I know the sales manager, he had a Stage VII TT which he recently sold, and is getting a super black track which he's planning on Nismoing as much as he can.)

They're sponsoring a Z show on September 8th. Why not stop by and pay a visit. Hopefully I'll be there with my eagerly awaited Z!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:59 AM
bgumby99

Default just got my vin

I got a call yesterday from my dealer in PA, and he said that MyZ would be in Sept 19th, and he gave me my VIN. Can't wait
Old 08-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gaj999
on behalf of all Nissan dealers I would like to say the we are sorry for the mis-information you guys may have received. To avoid going into a long thread about it, the blame falls on both ends of the equation. Regretably, neither party will admit fault but I PROMISE all partys involved care about this being a wonderful experience for you, the 350Z owner. QUOTE]

gaj999,

I really don't think we preorder customers are demanding all that much. We simply want to know when our cars are coming in. The information is available now at NNA. Getting that information and passing it along to the folks who have been waiting from 3-8 months should not take all that much effort. The dealer makes over $3000 on each car. No sales effort was involved. We called you up and ordered. We knew more about the car when we ordered than you did. Not a surprize, we are fanatics willing to buy a car without even seeing it, let alone driving it.

The dealer who lacks any interest in keeping us informed will certainly lose the service business to another Nissan dealer. When people come up and want to talk to me about my new Z and where I got it, you can be sure I will give him the name of a dealer in the Bay area who treated his customers with respect. It will not be the name of the person I bought my car from. All my salesman would have had to do was call me with information or even call me saying that he is having trouble getting the information, but is trying his best to get it.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:24 AM
evoluder

Default My Dealer . . .

When people ask me where I got my Z from I will definitely tell them Michael Mills of Regal Nissan here in Atlanta. He has been great.

Spencer
Old 08-15-2002, 05:26 AM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Originally posted by gaj999
I am a Nissan Sales Manager and on behalf of all Nissan dealers I would like to say the we are sorry for the mis-information you guys may have received. To avoid going into a long thread about it, the blame falls on both ends of the equation. Regretably, neither party will admit fault but I PROMISE all partys involved care about this being a wonderful experience for you, the 350Z owner. I know this sounds like a pitch and I will probably get flamed but this is truly an exciting time for all Z-car fans. Anyway, even though I am basically on the East Coast, enjoy those cars and Good Luck to you all. We appreciate your buisness. Thanks.
Then explain the dealers charging more than MSRP. Did not Nissan ask all dealership to not charge over MSRP? Has not Nissan explained to the dealership network that if it was not for the people who perordered that the 350Z may have not made it. That the dealerships would be stuck with more econoboxes and mini trucks that are not selling as well as the domestics are? Yes i think you are trying to do the right thing but there are dealerships that may need some talking too!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:29 AM
ZON

Default Re: Seriously considering the SVT Cobra now...

Originally posted by matt@importlife.tv
I know its not as refined as the 350z, or have the media following it as the Z. But damn, you cant argue with 390lb torque for $34k.

I know it wont autox like a Z or a WRX. but in everyday driving it should be a beast!

I want the Z more cuz its a better show car for my business. I already have potential sponsors for the car cuz its the new Hot darling of motorsports.

But the SVT cobra def something i am going to think about now.
WTF?? Why is this post here? I don't care about the dang Cobra!!