Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This just ruined my day! Sept 10.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 09:59 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This just ruined my day! Sept 10.

I was supposed to get delivery this week. My dealer doesnt seem to really know more then me. So i ended up giving him the phone # to Nissan Motors in Somerset NJ. I made a call myself and left a frustrated voicemail to the distribution manager.

So it looks like i am stuck in limbo with some of the you guys. No vin, and no date of delivery I can trust. My sales rep did say however Nissan told the dealership that my car would be here sept 10th. but after this let down, should i/can i trust this new date?

Matt
Old 08-14-2002, 10:11 PM
nicco

Default delayed delivery

I also was pomised delivery in August ( Chicago). In July the dealer told me the car would be in on Aug 5. On August 5, I was advised that delivery will be delayed until Aug. 15. Yesterday I was advised by the dealer that delivery from the manufactuer has been delayed until mid September.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:14 PM
LowFuel

Look, anytime your dealer tells you a delivery date, say "SHOW ME THE SCREEN" - they have a computer that accesses nissan to get this info. Make them show it to you.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:21 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Default Seriously considering the SVT Cobra now...

I know its not as refined as the 350z, or have the media following it as the Z. But damn, you cant argue with 390lb torque for $34k.

I know it wont autox like a Z or a WRX. but in everyday driving it should be a beast!

I want the Z more cuz its a better show car for my business. I already have potential sponsors for the car cuz its the new Hot darling of motorsports.

But the SVT cobra def something i am going to think about now.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:23 PM
padam07

Unhappy September 15

I recieved confirmation from my dealer that I would be getting my car on September 15. He said that they are getting 6 cars on that date and mine is one of them which sounds strange to me cuz I was the last pre-order they were allowed. (11 out 11) I orderd in mid Feburary. Is it possible that they are only making certain colors first and that is why I would be getting my car before others who have ordered before me. I am not too upset, I am just glad that i got some sort of information. The dealer is Bancroft Motors in Worcester, MA. this was said over the phone so I was not able to see the screen on the computer.

Adam
Touring Lemans Sunset 6m
Old 08-14-2002, 10:32 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: September 15

Originally posted by padam07
I recieved confirmation from my dealer that I would be getting my car on September 15. He said that they are getting 6 cars on that date and mine is one of them which sounds strange to me cuz I was the last pre-order they were allowed. (11 out 11) I orderd in mid Feburary. Is it possible that they are only making certain colors first and that is why I would be getting my car before others who have ordered before me. I am not too upset, I am just glad that i got some sort of information. The dealer is Bancroft Motors in Worcester, MA. this was said over the phone so I was not able to see the screen on the computer.

Adam
Touring Lemans Sunset 6m
Did he get you a VIN? If it is scheduled to be at the dealer on 9/15, it should have a VIN by now. Push him for one.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:41 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: This just ruined my day! Sept 10.

Originally posted by matt@importlife.tv
I was supposed to get delivery this week. My dealer doesnt seem to really know more then me. So i ended up giving him the phone # to Nissan Motors in Somerset NJ. I made a call myself and left a frustrated voicemail to the distribution manager.

So it looks like i am stuck in limbo with some of the you guys. No vin, and no date of delivery I can trust. My sales rep did say however Nissan told the dealership that my car would be here sept 10th. but after this let down, should i/can i trust this new date?

Matt
Now you must understand the original skepticism when you originally posted that you would get it August, it may have seemed that people were hostile but after 6-7 months we have been through the entire rollercoaster. I think that the first 2 weeks of September there will be some happy campers receiving their keys to their new Z and you will be one of us.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:46 PM
padam07

Default Vin

I am gonna call back to get the vin. The dealer actually RETURNED my call and told me the info on the delivery so I was shocked and it passed my mind on getting a vin. I will push for one though.
Adam
Old 08-14-2002, 10:46 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZISME mentioned earlier that VINs are released a days after the car leaves the Yokohama port.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:49 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Default You are right Westpak....

I myself could not have endured the 6-7 months
Old 08-14-2002, 10:57 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Default you wont believe this...

the mgr of Star Nissan just called me to let me know Nissan NA called him and yelled at him for their customers calling the Somerset office directly.

I am in Sales as a profession so I got through the gatekeepers and spoke to the Distribution manager! She told me that a car in my trim was to be delivered September 12th eta. but could not give me the VIN cuz of company policy and how does she know who i am on the phone.

But its funny, i got a call back from the mgr at Star Nissan and he told me to lose the number i called. cuz if customers keep calling Nissan NA they will not ship that car to them. What BS!

I am now seriously thinking about going with the SVT Cobra.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:07 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: you wont believe this...

the mgr of Star Nissan just called me to let me know Nissan NA called him and yelled at him for their customers calling the Somerset office directly.

I am in Sales as a profession so I got through the gatekeepers and spoke to the Distribution manager! She told me that a car in my trim was to be delivered September 12th eta. but could not give me the VIN cuz of company policy and how does she know who i am on the phone.

But its funny, i got a call back from the mgr at Star Nissan and he told me to lose the number i called. cuz if customers keep calling Nissan NA they will not ship that car to them. What BS!

Don;t change to a Cobra you will regret it after you have it a couple of months and it is rattling and making noises, go to the mustang forums and read up on it first they have had problems with new deliveries and vibrations. http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=33

As for your dealer tell him to shove it up his A$$ you shouldn't have had to call NNA, he should and get the delivery date and VIN and everything, we have to because they don't. Your delivery date is 9/12 and probably +-5 days so you could get it early September, it all depends on how long the take to inspect the cars once they arrive at the port. Hang in there don't let the dumba$$ dealer ruin it for you.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:14 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Default Re: you wont believe this...

Wow, that's incredible. Out of respect for Nissan's request (and Jay's), I've held off calling NNA directly for info. Thankfully, my dealer has been pretty good with giving me reasonably accurate updates from time to time.

Your dealer probably deserved the tongue-lashing NNA gave him, as it was a clear sign that he is NOT doing his job to the level that NNA and the customers would expect. It's unfortunate that a good customer like yourself gets stuck in the middle of a bad dealer, and a corporation that's tired of fielding phone calls from a million eager Z owners.

As for the Cobra, read some of the newer car magazines. Lots of people are starting to call Ford's bluff that they're living on borrowed time with an ancient platform in the Mustang. I've never owned one, so I can't tell you good from bad about the car in general, but I tend to like the technical arguments presented in Car & Driver from time to time. They seemed to think that the Mustang is getting a bit long in the tooth when compared to some of the newer cars coming out.

Just my $0.02... I think for $34,000, you have a LOT of cool options at your fingertips. Personally, mine would always be the Z.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:23 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Default you're right! i'll try to hang in there...

but i am now also questioning if i want to be sponsored by Star Nissan. I might have to go in and talk to the owner on better terms.

But i have asked for an appointment to finalize the deal with no call backs. This was the first time the store owner called me. And it wasnt even about sponsorship.

Are their any good Nissan Dealerships out there inthe Tris-state area that will be getting Nismo parts?

Oh, Star Nissan told me a while back that they are the only Tristate dealer that will be autorized to sell and warranty Nismo parts. Now i question this as well.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:33 PM
matt@importlife.tv

Default as for the svt...

I think for the money you are getting a great supercar chaser. Yes the Z handles better and is more refined. I still want the Z.

I retract my previous statement about wanting te svt over the z if i were not using it for the car shows. The z has def grew on me and i am already attached. The only complaint is the rear. but that will all be fixed with aftermarket.

Anyways I have always had a thing for american muscle cars. Maybe being an immigrant turned U.S citizen has somehting to do with it. who knows. but the grumbling of a cobra stang is awesome. I will hopefully own a mustang cobra eventually. I sort of feel like its my duty as a citizen of this country, lol.

The 2004 stang is supposed to be on an all new platform and have looks of the old 1968 fastbacks.

But am gonna hold onto the Z. It would be a waste of negotiations i have already made if I didnt. Already have audio sponsor and a carbon fiber hood deal just waiting.

This was why i called Nissan NA. Not only am i a anxious bossy customer, they are messing with my business schedule!

Now i truly feel part of this forum.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:41 PM
SandMan

Default Star Nissan sucks

The Star Nissan on Northern BLVD sucks major ballz. I hear very very bad things about them. They love to screw people over. My pops was going to purchase stuff from them and Star Toyota (same bullcrap) and he didn't buy from them cuz they roll back to odometer. You should talk to Smithtown Nissan or Westbury Nissan. They are 350z headquarters. Plus Westbury Nissan should be having their speedshop up.
Call Dan Ziegler (631) 361-9696
Its in Long Island but i rather deal with these guys than Star Nissan. (STAR NISSAN SUCKS!!)
And another thing, forget the SVT. Stick with the 350Z.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:16 AM
matt@importlife.tv

Default Star Nissan

I havent given up on them. Seems there was confusion when i was talking to the Distribution Mgr. I told her i called the main number to find her but during our discussion I told her my dealer was star and provided my reps name to make it easier for her to track my car.

So it may have been interpreted as my rep gave me her number! thus the tongue lashing from Nissan NA.

I am gonna continue to do business with them but if things fail at least I have other places I can go.

Thanks Samdman for the referal to Westbury.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:22 AM
silverz

Default Delivery

I have been told from the owner of the Nissan dealership that I worked at for 4 years that my scheduled date for delivery is Sept. 4. I have seen cars come in as much as a week before the scheduled date and upto 10 days after the scheduled delivery date, That means I could get my car in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! The "scheduled" delivery date is good, but when the dealer is invoiced for the car then you only have 2-3 days before it gets delivered to the dealer and you can pick it up. Later dayzzzzzzzzz
Old 08-15-2002, 12:35 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

well, since this is the first car i'm buying so i don't have much experience with dealers. However, i don't think star nissan is that bad, i ordered mine on 5-5, and my guy gave me all the info i needed, and when i visited him last weekend, he gave me my vin and expected delivery date on 9-2. so i'm happy with everything so far.

Quick Reply: This just ruined my day! Sept 10.