Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z got hit!! Rawr..

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008 | 10:16 AM
aznxkrnxboi

Default My Z got hit!! Rawr..

So yea it happened this morning, when I was on the highway trying to get to class at a reasonable speed. At first I was on the fast lane just cruising. I did not see the truck when I was cruising..this happened later on..near the exit, I see a Ford F-150 some nut that needs to go back to driving school.
Another story..
(I used to have a Acura Integra until a Ford delivery driver hit my car!! and got totaled.. since he was intoxicated and he ran a red light) what is with the freaking ford cars damnit to all I hate Ford..
He just happens to tail gate me and the speed limit was 65 but of course we're gonna speed a little. (I was going 80-90 miles)
There he goes trying to pass me when there's another car in the slow lane so I sped up and didn't let him pass so he continues to tail gate. I couldn't stand it.. so I stepped on the gas leaving his *** behind at a point where he couldn't catch up by then I was getting close to my exit and there he goes catching up while turning into my lane and damages my driver side. I clearly explained to the officer I was already in the slow lane and there was no way I could've avoided that other then to go off road and I am not gonna do that at that speed! no way I'll die! here's some pics that I have taken to show you guys that people cannot drive! I'm glad there wasn't any severe damages to my car or to myself. This nut happens to be a chapel hill fan or something but yea that's why they lost in the NCAA against Kansas lol
Attached Thumbnails My Z got hit!! Rawr..-dsc00626.jpg   My Z got hit!! Rawr..-dsc00628.jpg   My Z got hit!! Rawr..-dsc00629.jpg   My Z got hit!! Rawr..-dsc00630.jpg   My Z got hit!! Rawr..-n505440485_2110555_6623.jpg  

Last edited by aznxkrnxboi; 04-10-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:18 AM
HDPDZO6

Should be a lesson to you about the perils of participating with someone else in aggressive driving. From you hard to read story, it was evident you had several opportunities to avoid the incident completely.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:23 AM
aznxkrnxboi

I was already getting close to my exit and thats when it happen.. wasn't too far before i left him behind. he was trying to play catch up and *** with me but that didn't go too well. It's not my fault so oh well. I have to take my car to Wilburn Auto Body.. and ima be stuck with a rental car ugh...
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:25 AM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Should be a lesson to you about the perils of participating with someone else in aggressive driving. From you hard to read story, it was evident you had several opportunities to avoid the incident completely.
You're right. He probably should have break checked him instead.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:26 AM
aznxkrnxboi

haha I could've but I'm a nice guy. I think of it as a pack thing where everyone speeds in the same lane. also known as drafting?
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:28 AM
Willowns

****ing FORD's...A ***** in a ford explorer T-boned me on my drivers side...Glad to hear you are okay though...specially at a higher speed.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:30 AM
aznxkrnxboi

sorrie to hear that... freakin FORDS...
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:30 AM
preludestuntin

+1

Still sucks about the z though man. At least it's not totalled.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:35 AM
clarkemtp

Sorry to the OP, but I have to agree with these comments. You don't deserve to have a wrecked car and I feel for you. I'm just glad you didn't get injured/killed... or anyone else hurt.

That said, you're probably thinking right now (or you should be) that it would've been SOOOO much easier to just let him pass you the first time instead of "speeding up so that he couldn't pass". You could've thought to yourself, good driving dickweed, when he went around and that would've been that.

Again, sorry it happened to you but this is the second or third thread like this in the last week I've read where an accident occurred due to aggressive driving. The accident could've been avoided by EITHER party. Some life lessons are a hard pill to swallow.

Kinda reminds me of the saying that "Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately, it eventually kills all it's pupils." Good luck with the repairs brother.

Clark
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:39 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by Pokémon
You're right. He probably should have break checked him instead.
No. Technically since the OP was operating his vehicle in the passing lane and a vehicle approached from behind that was moving at a faster rate of travel, he SHOULD have signalled and moved to the right to allow the faster moving vehicle to overtake. But he didn't. We see how well that turned out for everyone involved. *shrugs*
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:43 AM
aznxkrnxboi

but this happened when i was getting close to my exit and I did merge to the slow lane. I left him behind when he was tail gating me so he was trying to catch up. he was a angry driver. I wasn't being a dick where he couldn't pass me I just left him behind. Ford trucks are slow.. and this happened in a short matter of time not excessive where the other driver had no chances to pass me or anything. he had plenty of time to pass.. funny thing is that when he did try to go into my slow lane he didn't even go off the exit..

Last edited by aznxkrnxboi; 04-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:44 AM
The Captain

I would have just break checked his *** or got right next to a slow car and just matched their speed.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:48 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by aznxkrnxboi
but this happened when i was getting close to my exit and I did merge to the slow lane. I left him behind when he was tail gating me so he was trying to catch up. he was a angry driver.
I understand what you're feeling/thinking/saying now and believe me, I sympathize. I've been there. The point remains, if you take a step back and look at the situation, if you'd just let him go by in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. Period. You were participating in a little "aggressive" driving.

"I've got a 350Z and I'll be damned if this Ford TRUCK is going to pass me! Muah hah hah hah".

It turned out badly. Look at it this way, no one got hurt and if you learned anything from it, when the situation happens again you'll move over and let 'em go by. In other words, don't let it happen again you might not be so lucky the next time.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:50 AM
zerafian

now you'v learned...road rage is common and against a Z is a given..it seems people are just drawn to hate on people that drive a Z..imo.

As fun as it is to eff with people that are idiot drivers I would have jsut let him pass or just slowed down to an irritating speed until he went around. But maybe Im missing some mundain detail that wouldnt allow this.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:51 AM
Motero
Banned

You're both to blame...Both of you have to suffer the consequences. Im surprised you didn't get a ticket.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:52 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by rgeist554
I would have just break checked his *** or got right next to a slow car and just matched their speed.
Ummm, as a fellow resident of Texas since we may share the same highway at some point, may I ask why?

If you're checking your mirrors periodically as you drive (as you should be), when you see another vehicle approaching from behind you SHOULD be courteous, signal and move to the right. Whatever happened to common courtesy? Common sense? Hell, just basic driving skills/rules-of-the-road?

No, I'll grant you guys that another vehicle shouldn't be "tailgating" you, that's obviously unsafe as well. But if you'd moved over in the first place, they wouldn't be there. They'd have passed you and you're both on your merry way.

Please recognize, I understand I might as well be talking to a wall with this stuff and most of you younger guys, but at least when/if this happens to you and turns out badly, admit it or not, you'll have to think... damn, that Clark dude was right I should'a just freakin' moved over.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:56 AM
FLfinfan

I would not screw around with anyone in the Z. It's too small. I get no respect from anyone in the Z except motorcycles. Women are the worst, they get all macho in there minivans and SUV's.
Now the Titan is another story. I still don't screw with people, but you get alot more road respect with all that rolling mass.
The worst was when I road motorcycles. Everyday felt like my last.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:57 AM
aznxkrnxboi

yea he was in a hurry or something but he just had to *** with me. I think he was hating on my car since i left him behind and then into the slow lane. note* this tail gating happened when I was getting close to my exit. usually people pass me or I'll move over. I'm not a dick that **** with people like that. I kno common sense, He was the one with road rage. I am gonna tell the body shop to fix everything so the guy gets charged out the *** lol.

Last edited by aznxkrnxboi; 04-09-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:59 AM
clarkemtp

Originally Posted by FLfinfan
I would not screw around with anyone in the Z. It's too small. I get no respect from anyone in the Z except motorcycles.
QFT. I drive opposites. A 350Z or a Suburban. When I'm in the Z people do not hesitate to cut me off in traffic, tailgate, etc. When I'm in the Suburban it happens 100% less.

Other drivers see the Z and don't blink. They look at that Suburban, and picture the carnage and severe bodily injury that may be inflicted upon them in the aftermath of that "cut him off" lane change if things go wrong and they think to themselves, "ya know.. I can wait two more seconds".
Old 04-09-2008 | 11:03 AM
aznxkrnxboi

Z haters... geez can't we get some respect.. if not another bites the dust haha

Quick Reply: My Z got hit!! Rawr..