Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just picked it up on Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 05:54 AM
sherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just picked it up on Saturday

I finally have it. I picked up my CS Touring 6speed on saturday morning. I love it. I have spent so much time on this site since I put in the order that when the salesman was giving me the walk through I was teaching him things. The car had 10.2 miles on it and everything was perfect, not one scratch. I got then to throw in a copy of the Lust, Then Love book too.
It was a beutiful day for a drive, (even though I would have been out driving in a hurricane if I had to). I love it (I know I already said that).
I guess they must have fixed the problem with the Bose system, or my ears just aren't fine tuned enough to hear the problem. The system sounds great.
I have managed to have good will power so far with staying below 4000rpm, but I can't wait for the 1200 miles to get here.

On Sunday I had a B-BQ to unnveil the car. It felt like a carnival with everyone lining up for rides. But it didn't bother me a bit, I love showing off my car.

Did I mention "I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!"
Old 07-07-2003, 07:28 AM
rocker_lx

Congrats Sherman

I still have to wait a few month

Then I will get it when winter starts. I guess it will be hard to see the car standing by the house and not driving it due to bad weather
Old 07-07-2003, 08:07 AM
marhot

Default Congratulations !

I know the feeling! Just took delivery on mine Thursday.

What a holiday weekend!

Be sure to keep it under 4K RPMs !!! Enjoy...

Peace
Old 07-07-2003, 12:15 PM
MikeW

Sherman and Marhot,

For the next month or two you both will develop something called "garageitis". Typical symptoms are...going into your garage several times during the night, finding things to do in the garage that you haven't thought about doing in years, organizing shelf space for things like car wash, wax, paint protectant, micro fiber towels, distilled water, etc., etc. Don't worry, these odd behaviors are normal. If married, I would not suggest you sleep in the garage unless your wife becomes so tired of your love affair with your Z that she exiles you there.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:28 PM
jrreed350togo

Yeah what he said...matter of fact I'm still suffering from those syptoms nearly a year later on Sep 11th.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:32 PM
marhot

Default DUDE... You nailed me!

Originally posted by MikeW
Sherman and Marhot,

For the next month or two you both will develop something called "garageitis". Typical symptoms are...going into your garage several times during the night, finding things to do in the garage that you haven't thought about doing in years, organizing shelf space for things like car wash, wax, paint protectant, micro fiber towels, distilled water, etc., etc. Don't worry, these odd behaviors are normal. If married, I would not suggest you sleep in the garage unless your wife becomes so tired of your love affair with your Z that she exiles you there.

Enjoy the ride!
I only go in the garage in the morning before I go to work, stare at the pictures I have of it at work, spend all day at work at MY350Z.COM, go to the garage as soon as I get home from work (and dust it), drive it after supper, dust it, then check on her again before I go to bed, and then I DREAM about her at night.

But other than that I don't think about it too much. I am normal, right???

Peace
Old 07-07-2003, 05:47 PM
sherman

Default Re: DUDE... You nailed me!

Originally posted by marhot
I only go in the garage in the morning before I go to work, stare at the pictures I have of it at work, spend all day at work at MY350Z.COM, go to the garage as soon as I get home from work (and dust it), drive it after supper, dust it, then check on her again before I go to bed, and then I DREAM about her at night.

But other than that I don't think about it too much. I am normal, right???

Peace
I am the same way. I actually went out to by a duster the day I got. While I was in the store buying the duster is showed so I started cleaning it off right there in the parking lot. I got no work done all day at work today becuase I was being taking people for rides.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:48 PM
gooters

I spend all night dreaming about my Z. I think about it all day, and look at pictures and forums on my comp.

Oh yeah, I don't even have mine yet! congrats Sherman and Marhot!!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:16 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: DUDE... You nailed me!

Originally posted by sherman
I am the same way. I actually went out to by a duster the day I got. While I was in the store buying the duster is showed so I started cleaning it off right there in the parking lot. I got no work done all day at work today becuase I was being taking people for rides.
Sherman, you wanna see some Z enthusiasm, come to the Connecticut meet this Saturday. We've got people coming from all over the east coast including Canada and Florida. We are now at over 100 cars coming!

There is great passion for this car and the people I've met that own them are incredible as well. Come join us for some fun. Not only that, it will help you get to 1,200 miles much quicker.

Here is the link to the flyer, but also check the thread in the northeast region to give you an idea of how exciting a day it will be.

http://www.molaver.org/photos/350z/2003ctmeet.jpg

Hope you can make it and good luck with you car.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:24 AM
eachtau

Cool question for Sherman

I also live in NJ. I plan on buying a tour fully loaded within the next month. I was curious where you got your car from. If you could share your experience with regards to final price, dealer comparisons, and anything else you can think of it would be much appreciated. thank you....
Old 07-08-2003, 06:59 PM
cheeves

Ahhh...1200 the magic number. Finally got there last weekend. Although I did my best to keep it under 4g, ocasionally I'd get the red light going. Ya think this car is fun now? Just wait, this thing has an alter ego. It's a whole different car above 5g and up.
Just a little something to keep ya awake at night! Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:12 PM
marhot

Default Quit teasing...!

Originally posted by cheeves
Ahhh...1200 the magic number. Finally got there last weekend. Although I did my best to keep it under 4g, ocasionally I'd get the red light going. Ya think this car is fun now? Just wait, this thing has an alter ego. It's a whole different car above 5g and up.
Just a little something to keep ya awake at night! Enjoy!
I just got 200 miles on mine tonight.

A couple of times this week I've hit between 4,500 & 5,000 by accident, but boy did it start sounding sweet.

I CAN'T WAIT --- QUIT TEASING!!!

Peace
Old 07-09-2003, 04:48 AM
sherman

Default Re: question for Sherman

Originally posted by eachtau
I also live in NJ. I plan on buying a tour fully loaded within the next month. I was curious where you got your car from. If you could share your experience with regards to final price, dealer comparisons, and anything else you can think of it would be much appreciated. thank you....
I picked mine up from Acme Nissan in North Brunswick. I did have to order it and it took about 3 months to get it. This was no problem for me becuase I needed a little extra time to build up my down payment a little more. The dealership was great, and the salesman I had was excellent (unfortunately he doesn't work there any more). I am 27 (and look even younger) but when I walked in they took me seriously from the begining and had no problems letting me take a test drive. In fact they let me take 2 test drives, and the salesman even took my wife for ride since she isn't able to drive a stick.
The list price on the window sticker was a little under 35,000. I also go the extended warrenty and lojak, so my total was a few thousand extra. They gave me the loan at 4.99, and I did shop around a better deal and couldn't find one.
Good Luck!!!
Old 07-09-2003, 04:51 AM
sherman

Default Re: Quit teasing...!

Originally posted by marhot
I just got 200 miles on mine tonight.

A couple of times this week I've hit between 4,500 & 5,000 by accident, but boy did it start sounding sweet.

I CAN'T WAIT --- QUIT TEASING!!!

Peace
I'm at 260 in the first 4 days. With a 60 mile commute each day and lots of rides on my lunch break and any other chance I get it should take too much longer.