Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any 350Z salesman? need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 AM
BlueCPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 350Z salesman? need some advice...

I currently have a leased G35 Coupe. I regret not getting the Z and want one now...

Is it possible to trade in my coupe to get a Z? My current buyout is $30k. The value is around $32~33K. The initial MSRP was $35k.

What are my options to get out of this deal and get me a Z?
Old 07-08-2003, 10:36 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your screwed. but your dealers the one that would have to make you the deal, they can be nice or not. they dont have too much incentive to help you, as they already have your money for the next 3 years or whatever.

thats why leases suck, your locked in.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:40 AM
BlueCPV35

To be clearer.. I wasnt planning on going to my salesman.

I meant, approaching a Nissan salesman and trading in my leased car to them. The Nissan dealership would then buyout my lease...

Has anyone done this?
Old 07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
350zdanny

Yea I did this with a 1999 Ford Mustang to get a 2001 Integra Type R. The dealer will do it, but they will not give you 30K for your car. They will offer you a trade in value lower than the buyout of your lease. Actually I'm positive they will do that much.

So it will cost you some money to do this, but it is possible.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:50 AM
BlueCPV35

Thanks, thats the info I'm looking for...

Maybe I'm getting my hopes up, but my buyout is LESS than trade-in value.

I put down extra cap at signing to bring the payments down a bit. Granted if I owed $28k and the trade in value is $31k, they would not just offer me $28k?

Maybe I'm just silly?
Old 07-08-2003, 11:06 AM
350zdanny

Oh that is true. I'm sorry, I made the assumption you went with $0 down. Sure they will give you a fair trade in value, but you're gonna lose some of your down payment in the shuffle. All the stupid fees and stuff are the culprit for that.

It's really doable though, and if you're not happy with the car you may as well do it ASAP. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
BlueCPV35

I think I may shine up my coupe on Thursday morning and head to a Nissan dealership.

Although I've heard most north NJ Nissan dealerships seem to be very arrogant especially about the Z. I've had a few friends test drive one and came back complaining about the salesmen...

Any recommended dealerships? in Northern NJ?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Vestas

The salesman are pretty slimy at Ramsey Nissan, don't go there. While I got a good deal at Lynnes Nissan I watched their sales department work and they were equally bad. Sorry i don't have a "good" recommendation, but at least there's two you can avoid!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:18 PM
2003z

I think forum member bluefish is in Long Island. He has sold over 100 new Z's, and everyone who has bought from him had positive experiences.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:57 PM
iceman58

bluecpv35, have your dealership call for a "Dealer buyout" it can be less than yours. "No Tax. Where are you getting the numbers for trade in? I am in the business and cannot find a trade in value. In Fl we use NADA and The Black Book. I think you might be ok. Just remember DO NOT LEASE..........
Old 07-08-2003, 04:37 PM
350zdanny

Just remember DO NOT LEASE..........
I respect that fact that you're in the business, but that's a bit of a ******** statement. I'm a financial analyst and when it comes down to it, a well negotiated lease leaves you alot of options.

Obviously you don't build any equity, but only a certified idiot would build equity in a new car.

If you know exactly what a lease is, what you're getting, and what you're giving up, leases can be very beneficial and rewarding.

As far as dealers, I would definitely check out that Bluefish guy if he did those kind of numbers. North Jersey sucks for Nissan. Both East Coast Nissan and Rt. 46 Nissan aren't worth your time. I drove 97 miles to South Jersey (Admiral Nissan) to get my car. They were great, but that's too far for you.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:09 PM
2003z

if you plan on keeping the car long term, a lease can be a good deal, especially on a car people have to pay sticker, or close to on , like the Z. If you do lease, ask them to do it through Chase or another finance arm other than Nissan, because it can work out even better. At the end of the lease, the buyout is negotiable. If you leased through a 3rd party instead of Nissan, they will be much more likely to cut you a deal. Even nissan might, but not as big. Its easier for them to sell you the car than sell it at auction.

I had a saab 9-3, and people who leased through chase bought out leases at the end that had 16000 residuals for around 12000, the best I saw was 10500, and the worst was 13500.

even a 1000 discount at the end is better than nothing.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:07 PM
DmitryZ

Originally posted by 350zdanny
I respect that fact that you're in the business, but that's a bit of a ******** statement. I'm a financial analyst and when it comes down to it, a well negotiated lease leaves you alot of options.

Obviously you don't build any equity, but only a certified idiot would build equity in a new car.

If you know exactly what a lease is, what you're getting, and what you're giving up, leases can be very beneficial and rewarding.

As far as dealers, I would definitely check out that Bluefish guy if he did those kind of numbers. North Jersey sucks for Nissan. Both East Coast Nissan and Rt. 46 Nissan aren't worth your time. I drove 97 miles to South Jersey (Admiral Nissan) to get my car. They were great, but that's too far for you.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

BlueCPV35,

Don’t go to Hilltop Nissan. Those bastards tried to get me to sign all the finance papers BEFORE I even got a test drive.

I eventually got my car at East Coast Nissan. I have mixed feelings about the sales department in that place. I have also heard bad and good reviews from other people. I am guessing it depends on the salesperson.

The salesperson that sold me my car was great. It took me 45 minutes to test drive the car without signing anything, get the price I wanted, get the financing rate I wanted, and leave my deposit. They found the exact same car I wanted in 1 or 2 days (I don’t remember I was so excited). I would definitely buy another car from that guy, unfortunately, he does not work there anymore (maybe because he was honest?!- no offence to any car dealers)

I had to deal with the finance manager to take delivery of my car and sign all financing paperwork. I did not like the way things went down at all. The funny thing was the fact that what pissed me off about the finance manager had nothing to do with my financing. I have no idea what the problem was – my parents think it was the dealership realizing they should have made more money off my purchase. It was only because of this board (thank you all) that I knew how much things like extended warranty should really cost. He showed his true scumbag colors, but I was able to see it just in time and avoided spending a small fortune (PM me if anyone interested in details). At that point I swore to myself that I would never buy a car from them again.

Fortunately, (maybe unfortunately) the place has a great service department. I did have some issues with them (there is a post I made about it somewhere). However, this past weekend they have completely and totally, 150%, Redeemed themselves with a capital “R”. My Z will be perfect once again (as soon as the parts get here) and I will be taking it to that place for a while.

Sorry to ramble on and on

Hope this helps

Dmitry

P.S. definitely check out the bluefish guy. Even though I never bought a Z from him, I would recommend him based on some of the posts I’ve seen here. If I knew about him before I got my Z I would probably buy from him.