Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

WTF ... im a sad panda...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
MadeIn350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF ... im a sad panda...

so I got a sexy Daytona Blue 350z Touring last Wednesday. I love this car...its like my first child. Unfortunately some viet chick driving a QX4 backed into me in a busy parking lot and I had no place to turn to avoid it without hitting someone else myself.

Now my hood has a crease right on the lip which might be a ***** to hammar out so it might have to be replaced completely.... my front bumper has a bunch of scratches and a couple paint chips...and while im not paying for the damages myself the fact that ill be WITHOUT my baby for a week or two is just as bad.

It pisses me off that my first post on this kick *** forum is a sad one ... but I know you guys would understand my pain....
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Insurance buddy!

Get a nice new bumper
Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by MadeIn350z
so I got a sexy Daytona Blue 350z Touring last Wednesday. I love this car...its like my first child. Unfortunately some viet chick driving a QX4 backed into me in a busy parking lot and I had no place to turn to avoid it without hitting someone else myself.

Now my hood has a crease right on the lip which might be a ***** to hammar out so it might have to be replaced completely.... my front bumper has a bunch of scratches and a couple paint chips...and while im not paying for the damages myself the fact that ill be WITHOUT my baby for a week or two is just as bad.

It pisses me off that my first post on this kick *** forum is a sad one ... but I know you guys would understand my pain....

How do you know she's Vietnamese?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:50 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Opportunity to upgrade! Aftermarket CF hood, perhaps?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 AM
CSF

first of all, welcome to the forum and congrats on the Z
sad to hear about your accident on your new baby
the repairs are gonna take 1 - 2 weeks? that sucks...hopefully it comes back good as new.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
bluefairladyz33

nnnoooooo not a daytona blue one....

tear...

no worries

a freak accident happened to me as well...

strong winds + shopping cart = ouch on door...

1st month having the car
Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM
MadeIn350z

yea... if they have to replace the hood I have to wait for a new one to come in. Im not sure how it is in US but in my province this kinda thing takes a while.

On the bright side ... as you guys said... I may get some new parts.

Oh... I know she is viet cuz naturally I took all her info. Actually my gf was a lot more pissed than I was...

Last edited by MadeIn350z; 04-28-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by bluefairladyz33
nnnoooooo not a daytona blue one....

tear...

no worries

a freak accident happened to me as well...

strong winds + shopping cart = ouch on door...

1st month having the car
Is it some kind of Z curse? I see a lot of people having little bothersome scratches and minor accidents of this sort ... usually soon after they get the car.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
haeshik

you will feel like its the longest 2 weeks of your life. no really it'll go by quick and you'll have your car back. chill out
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Is it some kind of Z curse? I see a lot of people having little bothersome scratches and minor accidents of this sort ... usually soon after they get the car.

YEP... definitely a curse.... i got a ding on my rear passenger quarter a week after i got my car not only that but i went to Ikea this weekend in costa mesa and i had forgotten something in my car and within a 3-5 min gap i come out to find a stupid cart up against my passenger side some stupid people just have not respect for other peoples property.

sorry to hear about the car btw. thats a bummer.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
lukep90

first week, brand new z. got a flat. took it to tire store. they dropped it. i cried.

i think your on to somehting, people are out to get us.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
MadeIn350z

Angry

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
YEP... definitely a curse.... i got a ding on my rear passenger quarter a week after i got my car not only that but i went to Ikea this weekend in costa mesa and i had forgotten something in my car and within a 3-5 min gap i come out to find a stupid cart up against my passenger side some stupid people just have not respect for other peoples property.

sorry to hear about the car btw. thats a bummer.
The worst part is... I saw her coming and there was NOTHING I could do short of getting out of my car and have her break my legs instead....I was honking for like 3 seconds and she didnt bother to check her mirrors to see why the poor Z behind her stupid SUV was making noise!

Either people are that increadibly bad at driving ... that increadibly stupid... or its the curse!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by lukep90
first week, brand new z. got a flat. took it to tire store. they dropped it. i cried.

ouch... I woulda flipped out big time... good thing guns arnt as easy to get in Canada as in the states... jk jk jk!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
LT_350Z

dam bro sorry to hear that hope u get a new kit for it!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude I feel your pain. These kinds of random accidents really **** me off. Last week I ran over this big piece of concrete from a crappy road repair that just came outta nowhere on a completely clear road.. But, you live and learn, and realize that it's a car and things can be fixed. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Cabriniman

Originally Posted by lukep90

I got a flat on my Z the day after I brought it home. The car was all beeping at me and I had no idea what was going on. Luckily I was close to a tire place... and they didn't drop it. Bummer dude.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Sea Bass

Sorry to hear, man. Hopefully the insurance will do you right and you'll get 'er back looking fine.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, you were made in a 350Z?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
03Zilverstone

If the crease is bad at all they'll have to replace the hood. As soon as you go to dollying out an aluminum hood it will crack on you. If I were you I'd settle. If the adjuster knows anything he'll quote for a new hood + paint, painting the bumper cover, and blending on the fenders. If he tries to say the hoods repairable tell him it's aluminum and will crack, therefore you'd need a new one and the front painted/blended. When they cut the check have the front bumper cover painted, buy a carbon fiber hood and install it yourself. Then you'll have a nice hood and some extra money in your wallet.

Last edited by 03Zilverstone; 04-28-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: WTF ... im a sad panda...