Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just wondering..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 03:51 PM
rhynesimpson

Default Just wondering..

Okay, I've been trying to sell my 350z for the past 5 months..and it seems that no one wants it. So yeah..tell me what you think I should lower the price to..it's already down to 18k.

( https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-for-sale/325777-04-silverstone-touring.html )
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:01 PM
06dieselZ

you want toooooo much
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:02 PM
haeshik

if you are selling it yourself then just be a lil more patient. i didn't have patience so i ended up going to dealer and doing a trade in.
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:26 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

The biggest issue I bet is that it's a 5AT and not manual. IMO, I wouldn't pay for a auto even if it was a couple k cheaper. That's just me though. Dealer trade in???
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:32 PM
rhynesimpson

I was offered around 16k for trade in. But yeah, considering I got this car last year for like 22..I thought it'd sell for at least 18. I didn't think that was a lot for a touring 350z with 30k miles.
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:52 PM
Spork

17k should be the price of that car.
Old 05-01-2008 | 04:58 PM
MA4

well...since you asked, i will help you out....every one of these things turns me off from wanting to even consider buying your car

12)those wheels are too small. I refuse to drive a z without the 18" wheels.
11)that grill looks home made
10)the pictures are not the greatest...clean the car real good and take some pictures infront of an office complex or somewhere in the shade without a lot of reflections
9)don't show pictures of the subwoofers...that could be turn off for someone with $18k cash
8)$18k is a lot for a used car, it will take some time to find the right buyer
7)the last 4 months have been cold
6)the picture on the highway makes the front bumper look like a different color than the rest of the car
5)your car has closer to 35,000 miles on it than it does 33k...
4) maybe start a new post...with the better pictures and a generic description
3) don't tell me about yourplenum spacer kit or your pop charger...i don't trust you installed it properly...but i'll look past it when i see the car in person
2)that picture with the weedy parking lot looks like the ghetto..i'mnot buying a carfrom someone in the ghetto
1)...and the number one reason I won't buy your car: you beat the **** out of it in yor youtube video linked in your signature...no one wants a kid owned car because they know the kid probably beats on the car, what's worse is....YOU have video PROOF!!!!!

i recommend you list it in the news paper

OR

delete you youtube signature and any post history such as the ones where you mention:

"1/8" (drag racing at the track),

or:

"now that I have been modding",

OR THIS:

We'll I've had my plenum spacer on for about 5 days and everything was going pretty good for a while..the throttle response felt a little different and all but yeah. Today, im taking my car out and just cruising around for a minute everything is normal...then as I start to go uphill on this bridge the car just stopped..the engine was still running but as I was giving it gas it wouldnt go or rev or anything, it just sat there. The engine was running cold so i turned it off and sat for a minute, turned it back on and it slowly started going back to normal. The drive home it felt a little weird and not right..just wondering if this problem has to do with the spacer I had installed. Thanks
afraid you may have done some damage or your car has been sucking dirty air through a bad plenum install

OR THIS:

I am getting my hood repainted Monday
no one wants a car that was re-painted...not for top dollar

OR THIS:

Nice. I also got my z at age 16 ...so prepare for the hate!
people don't want a car that a young person had as their first car...just stating the facts

OR THIS:

What did I do that was damn dumb? Street race? I
people don't want a car that was raced

anyhow, those may be some reasons you are having trouble selling your Z. People research large purchases and you have a lot of info out there. try a private sale through a classifide or maybe create a new screenname and a fresh start....good luck!

Last edited by MA4; 05-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2008 | 05:07 PM
MA4

Originally Posted by rhynesimpson
I was offered around 16k for trade in. But yeah, considering I got this car last year for like 22..I thought it'd sell for at least 18. I didn't think that was a lot for a touring 350z with 30k miles.
picture shows 34422 miles....powertrain warranty expires in 1500 miles...chances are you are still driving it and may have already exceeded 36,000 miles over the last 5 months
Old 05-01-2008 | 06:21 PM
Stogge

Originally Posted by explortainment
well...since you asked, i will help you out....every one of these things turns me off from wanting to even consider buying your car

10)the pictures are not the greatest...clean the car real good and take some pictures infront of an office complex or somewhere in the shade without a lot of reflections
9)don't show pictures of the subwoofers...that could be turn off for someone with $18k cash
6)the picture on the highway makes the front bumper look like a different color than the rest of the car
3) don't tell me about yourplenum spacer kit or your pop charger...i don't trust you installed it properly...but i'll look past it when i see the car in person
2)that picture with the weedy parking lot looks like the ghetto..i'mnot buying a carfrom someone in the ghetto
1)...and the number one reason I won't buy your car: you beat the **** out of it in yor youtube video linked in your signature...no one wants a kid owned car because they know the kid probably beats on the car, what's worse is....YOU have video PROOF!!!!!

OR

delete you youtube signature and any post history such as the ones where you mention:

or:

OR THIS:

We'll I've had my plenum spacer on for about 5 days and everything was going pretty good for a while..the throttle response felt a little different and all but yeah. Today, im taking my car out and just cruising around for a minute everything is normal...then as I start to go uphill on this bridge the car just stopped..the engine was still running but as I was giving it gas it wouldnt go or rev or anything, it just sat there. The engine was running cold so i turned it off and sat for a minute, turned it back on and it slowly started going back to normal. The drive home it felt a little weird and not right..just wondering if this problem has to do with the spacer I had installed. Thanks
afraid you may have done some damage or your car has been sucking dirty air through a bad plenum install

OR THIS:

OR THIS:

people don't want a car that a young person had as their first car...just stating the facts

OR THIS:

anyhow, those may be some reasons you are having trouble selling your Z. People research large purchases and you have a lot of info out there. try a private sale through a classifide or maybe create a new screenname and a fresh start....good luck!

DAMMN.... That might have been the most real post I have ever read!!! WoW, U hit the nail on the head with ALL of that. Good research, and better points. If there were Rep Power points on this site, u would have definately got one from me there. Now that was said, I think the thread can officially be closed... LoL...
Old 05-01-2008 | 06:25 PM
chefsz

+1 on all that above info

do they have a pic of foot in the mouth?
Old 05-01-2008 | 06:32 PM
CSF

geez...that's doing your research
nice
Old 05-01-2008 | 07:03 PM
MA4

just trying to help really, those may be reasons you are having trouble selling your car
Old 05-01-2008 | 07:33 PM
kupogrey

another one bites the dust
Old 05-01-2008 | 07:50 PM
frankyB

Originally Posted by explortainment

OR

or:

OR THIS:

OR THIS:

OR THIS:

OR THIS:

You wanted to know why... here's why....
Old 05-01-2008 | 09:53 PM
3fittyBiH

maybe nobody wants an automatic.
Old 05-01-2008 | 09:58 PM
davidv

Interesting that 350Z sellers cannot sell their car, and 350Z buyers cannot find a Z?
Old 05-01-2008 | 10:22 PM
k6750gsxr

take you youtube vid down.... it sucks ....
Old 05-01-2008 | 11:12 PM
Chad68

A lot of people are not buying much of anything right now, except for neccesities.

Sadly a 2 seater doesn't fall into that catagory.
Old 05-02-2008 | 04:38 AM
Brrcats

how the heck did you get stuck with the 17's on a touring? I honestly doubt anyone on this site will ever buy your car with the information available to them about your car from various posts. You're going to be better off with autotrader.

Also lower your price, when I was shopping for a Z last year I wouldnt have even looked twice at your car.
Old 05-02-2008 | 05:14 AM
sluggoZ

Yup! Great post explortainment!

Quick Reply: Just wondering..