2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z is coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 05:05 PM
imsoaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My Z is coming soon?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for the last 2 months and taking in all the info about the Z. The good and not so good.....So I decided to take the plunge....yippee!

After striking a deal for a '03 Silverstone Enthusiast with the Aero package, i was all excited for my new baby. "Shouldnt be a problem" finding one said the salesman......the one I wanted wasnt on the lot. A few days later he called and said good news, we found one for you, but its too expenisve to flatbed it! We'll have the salesman drive down with the replacement Z and then pick yours up. The dealer is in the Lehigh Valley, PA and the car was in North Carolina. Lo and behold, today I call them and they said that they didnt get it because it didnt fit right on the flatbed (the front air dam was scraping and the car was moving around too much on the flatbed!) Then I called someone else at the same dealer and threatened to cancel my sale, they said that if I want to pay the $1,500 price tag to ship it up here theyd have it tomorrow!!!!!

What is going on here? I realize that the dealer has to cut costs, but at my expense? It seems like they got the sale and are dragging their feet on finding me one. They even cashed my down payment check! Dont dealers cooperate with each other? expecially when there getting another Z in trade? Anyone have any suggestions? I really dont want to cancel this thing but might have to............oh yeah, the salesman always says he'll call me tomorrow or whatever day, but never does. I always have to call.........

Thanks all, Great Site
Old 07-09-2003, 05:10 PM
jikman01

That doesn't sound right. I had my heart set on a SS Enthusiast with EVERYTHING minus the side air bags and I did NOT want to compromise. I put $500 down in the beginning of June and the dealer went to town on their computer to try and locate one for me. They told me that if they found one at another dealer then they had to trade a Z for a Z. However, they did not have any Z's to trade!! In any event they could not find my car at any dealer anyway. The next route was to locate one on a ship on it's way to be delivered. They found one and they claimed it with my name. It was slated for July 20th, but it came in on June 28th. I got $1500 off MSRP and 3.85% financing for 60 months with $7k down.

Don't settle for less. I know you want the car just as bad as I did, but I tried 3 different dealers until I got one to respect me and go to work for me!
Old 07-09-2003, 05:12 PM
BFG10

Can that order and keep looking. Plus the front end is probably a bit messed up now from the flatbed situation. There are dealers that will sell you the car from their inventory and I think will include shipping for free. The dealer on Long Island comes to mind. Dan Ziegler of Smithtown Nissan Of Long Island New York - aka Bluefish. See if he can help you.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
gooters

Sorry, you started it out wrong. Better to tell the dealership what you want and then walk out. If they want the sale bad enough, they will make the trade and call you when they have the new car. I get fed up with car dealerships just like the next guy, but you have to remember...they are there to make money off of you.

You gave them a deposit...it's in their bank, they have you by the scruff of your neck (or whatever), if I was you I would cancel the check if it hasn't cleared and tell them you are going wait on your purchase until you find a better deal. They will get the car up there. If the check has cleared and you have signed some kind of paperwork already, you are gonna have to pay some price (either miles on the Z or dollars from your wallet) to get your car. Hey, lesson learned, sorry! Nice post though, maybe others will learn from this, it sux I know.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:37 PM
bshockley

I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but you should never give a deposit in any form other than credit card. You can always dispute a credit card easily enough if the deal falls through.

I am sure you can get your money back, but it will probably cost you more time and money than what you would get back (that is if the dealer is a greedy ______).
Old 07-09-2003, 05:39 PM
imsoaks

Check already has cleared

Damn! Paperwork already signed! Double

I guess they have me by the stones. I'll just keep hoping that maybe they'll "find one" quicker now that they know that I'm becoming very impatient..............live and learn.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:43 PM
bshockley

I know this is quite a way off, but a dealer in KC region (search nissanusa.com for ZIP 64055) has a Silverstone Enth.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:48 PM
imsoaks

I see it there, but no Aerodynamics package. Can the dealer put it on after its delivered?
Old 07-09-2003, 06:01 PM
bshockley

I'm sure they can. If not I know you can order it from websites (actual OEM aeropackage i.e. front lip ~60 and spoiler ~360). That's 420, I am sure you can find someone to install it for 100 bucks if you don't want to do it yourself.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:00 AM
bully****

Damn, that sucks learning the hard way. I am personally very careful around them, and would never give them everything until they had what I wanted. With the posts around here, I guess I am lucky to have a friend who works at a dealer, which helps to some extent because he already knows how they can screw me over, and I just have to ask. Has worked well for me so far.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:15 PM
imsoaks

I also have a friend (actually its a friends brother in law who is the OWNER), thats how I got a good deal IMHO.

$ 6,800 payoff for my 99 cougar w/ 41k miles (which I tried selling privately for 10,500 with absolutely no nibbles)
$ 400 down, 5 year lease @ 435/ month

Anyhoo, its not really the waiting (its been almost 2 weeks) but the runaround im getting about them finding a car, then losing the car then saying oh, we'll call you tomorrow with more info and they never do..........At least I know now what NOT to do when getting a new car............