Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Piitb
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I almost made it through the whole post but gave up towards the end.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:29 AM
xdrius
ZL33PR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which dealership is this?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

What side moldings do you have on your Z? I don't have any on mine.... regardless, just stress it needs to be replaced, not "fixed"

The wheel thing may or may not be an issue. I would suggest taking it to a shop of your choice to have your alignment checked to verify there is a problem. Most shops will do an alignment check for free. then go from there

The repaint isn't an issue if taken to a decent shop. If it bothers you, have them replace the panel and be done with it. IMHO any repaint is actually a good thing, nissan paint sucks.

I would not think a new car is even an option at this point. My nissan dealership did worse by me than what you listed here and all with less than 1000 miles on my car. Issue was resolved by me taking it to my choice of body shop, new panel purchased by them, and I got free car cover out of the deal.

NNA will take care of you if your concerns are legit. I have had a good experience using them.

All this said, I have yet to get good service on ANY vehicle I have purchased... Ford, mazda, nissan, you name it. I just expect bad service regardless of the dealer
Old 05-08-2008, 11:38 AM
BYL

All this said, I have yet to get good service on ANY vehicle I have purchased... Ford, mazda, nissan, you name it. I just expect bad service regardless of the dealer

SAME HERE. I DONT EXPECT ANYTHING GOOD AND APPROACH EVERY DEALER OR TECHNICIAN WITH COMPLETE MISTRUST!!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

this is the problem with this country, everyone feels like they should be compensated for everything. look, it sux but as long as you get your car back right, that should be your compensation. if you had money out of pocket for a rental, you should be compensated for that. **** happens.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
korndogg091

I dont see how someone taking there car to a dealer ship and them doing damage to your car is considered **** happening. He should be compensated. Good luck trying to get a new car, but I know if it were me I would be pissed off also. So Nexx, Ill come by and accidently drop a hammer across your car and we can notch it up to **** happening. Im pretty sure you would be just as mad. The problem with your statment is that he didnt get his car back with it being fine, they gave it back to him with damage done that wasnt there when he dropped it off.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
akito_24

Hey man, I have my insurace license series 6, when you study for the test there is a law in there that estates, if the dealer is at fault with any body dammage to your car, they're responsible for it thats why you should take pics bef. and after to show any difference, hope it helps.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by korndogg091
I dont see how someone taking there car to a dealer ship and them doing damage to your car is considered **** happening. He should be compensated. Good luck trying to get a new car, but I know if it were me I would be pissed off also. So Nexx, Ill come by and accidently drop a hammer across your car and we can notch it up to **** happening. Im pretty sure you would be just as mad. The problem with your statment is that he didnt get his car back with it being fine, they gave it back to him with damage done that wasnt there when he dropped it off.
if someone put a hammer through my roof, i would be pissed. what would i expect? i would expect it to be fixed and no more, simple as that.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:31 PM
staticfive05

Originally Posted by Zivman
What side moldings do you have on your Z? I don't have any on mine.... regardless, just stress it needs to be replaced, not "fixed"
just the stock one? not a body kit or anything.. but ya they should just replace it. i agree. we'll see... they still havent called me about my car.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by staticfive05
just the stock one? not a body kit or anything.. but ya they should just replace it. i agree. we'll see... they still havent called me about my car.
Side moldings???? the Z has no moldings

Do you mean side skirts?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:29 PM
evolved326

I did not read the replys but I did read the OP.

I feel you bro, I would be PISSED!

It is highly unlikely they will give you a new car.

I had my car at the dealer ship alot less time than you anf Nissan gave me one months worth of my car payment and a 100K mile warentee. And my troubles were no where NEAR as bad as yours.

The dealership gave me a free service or what ever (worthless to them i know)

Use your car salesman skills thats pretty much what it is. They first told me they couldnt do anythign for me but I explained to them that it was unfair and that this should not be what a brand new car buyer has to go through. Then he said he can only give me the warentee OR the car payment cause his bosses would only let him do that. I persisted and he gave it to me.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:08 PM
staticfive05

well.. they have one more week untill i contact the BBB.

but if they gave me a GTR i would shut up, and act like all this never even happend.

hahaha
Old 05-09-2008, 03:29 AM
ttuberz
Banned

dam I just read it all, and well I would'nt just settle with a nismo exhaust and intake. I would want a new car because your car will never be the same again after all of this crap. Depends how **** you are but I personally would sue them and get another Z.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
sae350

New Z..or a lawyer...thats it...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
staticfive05

UPDATE!

so i went to the dealership to talk to the GSM, i talked to him breifly he got me someone from service, we looked over the car, they havent touched the side molding yet.. but they said they ordered a new one for me instead, and it needs to be painted so he said by tuesday or wendsday.

we'll see though

i also contacted nissan consumer affairs to update my file, and i requested a new vehicle one of the same kind.

i should be receiving a call soon.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:19 PM
staticfive05

update!

they ordered me a new side molding repainted it. looks good.

so they dealership finally calls me today telling me my car is done 100 percent looks great. so im excited, i go fill up the gas in the rental i have so i dont get charged for the gas. and i go to the dealership. the first thing i see on the hood is a 6 inch radius on the hood where it looks like someone took sand paper and just scratched it...

so im just shaking my head. and im telling the guy " nightmare Z "

and i look at the side molding.. and they forgot to put the clear protectant film that stops rocks from damaging the paint..

and he's like no problem we'll get it buffed out.. and im like dude. i know that if you buff that out your gonna **** up the clear coat.. and its gonna look all glary.. and he doesn't respond really.

so he takes the car back, buffs it. and puts the clear film on the side molding

the hood. just like i said. came out looking glary. so im guessin the clear coat was heated too much.

and the clear filme has a shitload of bubbles in it...

i just took the car because im sick of every time i go there, theres something new wrong with it and it sucks..

so i called the lady from nissan consumer affairs who ive been working with and left her a message about the incident.

this is just becoming ridiculous.

what should i do guys?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by staticfive05
update!

they ordered me a new side molding repainted it. looks good.

so they dealership finally calls me today telling me my car is done 100 percent looks great. so im excited, i go fill up the gas in the rental i have so i dont get charged for the gas. and i go to the dealership. the first thing i see on the hood is a 6 inch radius on the hood where it looks like someone took sand paper and just scratched it...

so im just shaking my head. and im telling the guy " nightmare Z "

and i look at the side molding.. and they forgot to put the clear protectant film that stops rocks from damaging the paint..

and he's like no problem we'll get it buffed out.. and im like dude. i know that if you buff that out your gonna **** up the clear coat.. and its gonna look all glary.. and he doesn't respond really.

so he takes the car back, buffs it. and puts the clear film on the side molding

the hood. just like i said. came out looking glary. so im guessin the clear coat was heated too much.

and the clear filme has a shitload of bubbles in it...

i just took the car because im sick of every time i go there, theres something new wrong with it and it sucks..

so i called the lady from nissan consumer affairs who ive been working with and left her a message about the incident.

this is just becoming ridiculous.

what should i do guys?
They are NOT side 'moldings' Side moldings are what you see in the pic:

You have side SKIRTS. BIG difference.

other than that, sorry to hear about the BS. I would have not taken the car without having the damage documented
Old 05-16-2008, 09:35 AM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VeeTec
Yeah, I always look over my car when it is about to be serviced, while the service manager is standing there. I then look it over again, when they give it back.

Sutherlin Mall of Georgia Nissan even does a vehicle check, and puts the condition down on a chart.

I got mine back with paint transfer on the front bumper, and they still tried to say it wasn't from one of their people, even though they hadn't noted the damage, and I inspected the car with them at drop off, and it wasn't there then. They fixed it though.

I no longer go to that dealer, far too many issues, and NNA complaints.
Is it as bad as Gwinnett Place Nissan? I keep taking my Z back there for my driver side window and they keep telling me it's not broken. lol when I press the auto up for the driver window it goes up and then comes half way down again and when it's all the way up the door does not do the seal thing when you open/close the door. I was thinking about taking it to the mall of GA nissan. what should I do?
Old 05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
MyWhiteZ23

Yo staticfive05......your situation with the dealer has gone too far now. I say you call a lawyer and talk to them about your issue asap.

Quick Reply: dealership dents and scratches my Z!