Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dealership dents and scratches my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 PM
staticfive05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealership dents and scratches my Z!

so i haven't had my car for three months, i keep taking it back to the dealership because if you look at my car from the rear, the left tire sticks out more than the right tire, and the left tire looks toed it way more than the right... i also hear a squeaking sound coming from the left tire at a certain point of the revolution of the wheel...

so i took it the dealership the first time. the car has 4500 miles........

i got it back two days later.

Could not duplicate problem... for everything i told them was wrong... i picked up my car late at night, and talked to a few techs there, and all agreed. yep.. something is wrong with that tire, it looks toed it in more...

bring it back tommrow..

so i did.. told the tech the same thing... but it was a different team this time.
came back the next day.

same thing... "could not duplicate problem"

well it was late at night again. same techs were there, "yep theres definitely something wrong there. bring it on Monday talk to the service dept manager.

So this time im so pissed about reading "could not duplicate problem" i grabbed one of the service writers, and said guess what were going on a ride, but first i want you to notice the rear left tire sticks out more than the right tire correct? and he agreed. then we jumped in the car, and i let him hear the squeaking while we drove, "do you hear it?" yes i hear it theres definitely a sound there..

ok perfect so left the car there for a week, they came to the conclusion the frame is bent.....

they took it to two body shops . and found out the frame is not bent. the car has never been repainted or anything. the alignment on the rack is perfect is what they tell me...

i go to pick it up and the sound is still there, and the wheel is still effed up. so i just go balistic i get the service manager out, and make him observe the off center tire, then get the tech that heard the sounds, and tell him there now fix it...

they keep my car for a couple weeks. i go to pick it up because i wanna take it to another dealership...

and guess what....

the front bumper has a bunch of chips in the paint....

the front right fender had been dented and chiped....

the drivers side molding is falling off...

immediately after seeing the dent in the fender i ran to where they parked the car next to a nissan armada, and i see that the drivers door of the armada was chipped and dented....

i grabbed the service adviser and and the service manager, and a few porters to witness the damage..

they tried to tell me to take the car and bring it back the next day???

i told them no. im leaving the car. and they are fixing the damage.. so they set me up with a ford focus from enterprise rent a car...

they told me it would be a few days.. its been over a week. the guy calls me today "hey marcus good news your car is ready to go "

i asked him did you look over the car, is there anything wrong with it..

he said " it looks good man, nothing wrong with it "

i was so excited, so immediately i left work in this lame *** ford focus i get there, i look at the fender.. it looks good. i look at the bumper looks good so were so far 2 for 3, i get to the side molding, and its all scratched. and it looks like they piped silicon in there.. thats the first thing. so im like dude... come on. we stepped a foot back, and look at the whole side molding and towards the rear of the molding it was cracked from the twisting someone had done to secure it.....

so i look at him and shake my head and say " you guys are a nightmare " he tells me to keep the rental, and he just needs the "ok" to send the car back to the body shop to fix. BTW this is FIX IT AUTO BODY there supposed to be almighty body shops....

anyway the part i forgot to mention was that i contacted NISSAN USA when i left it there for them to fix all the damage. and ive been working with someone whos trying to comfort me about the situation at first all i wanted was for the damage to be fixed...

BUT...

i am a salesmen for toyota i work right next to this nissan dealership. my toyota service department is so clean, and they take care of everyone. i was telling my sales manager about it. and he said you know what. get compensated for this. make them take care of you. they're damaging your car, your car is being painted, being devalued, your driving a ford focus, you keep having to leave work to get the car thats still not being fixed. and your making payments on something you dont have, and they still havent fixed the initial problem...

so i called nissan usa and the person i work with wasn't in. so i gave her the info of what happened today, and i told her i feel that i need to be compensated so i asked for. nismo intake, and nismo catback exhaust since i was going to buy those anyway they should give them to me. since they've made all these mistakes. and she was very pleasant about it...

but tonight ive been reading some of these threads, about lemon laws and nissan doing some cool things for there mistakes, replacing engines or what ever...

i feel that they should give me a new car. because before going to the dealership to fix a problem.

it didn't need to be painted
it didn't need silicon for the side molding...
it didn't need to be in possession of nissan for over 2 months

and my inspiration is this

if they think that the car is going to be just like new after painting, and sliliconing, and telling me the alignment is perfect.

then.. they shouldn't have a problem taking my car as an unwind car, and putting me in a new one. it only has 4500 miles on it.

i guess the question is.

am i being unreasonable? selfish?

what do you guys suggest?
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 AM
lionheartednyhc

cliff notes?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
my05350z

read it all wow, sucks. Just a suggestion though, its going to look really bad if you suddenly want a new car especially after they were in your words "very pleasant about it" regarding giving you the nismo intake, and nismo catback exhaust.

On a separate note though, especially if morals arn't your strong point, lemon law is the law so you could still probably pull it off.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
maxpowers

Sounds mostly like 'dealer' issues not 'nissan' issues. You could try to sue the dealer.

What happend to the rear tire issue? The way the lemon law works (i believe) is that you have to take the vehicle in for the same problem several times (and the problem has to continue to be fixed.....and then appear again).
Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
jmarascojr

The tire/alignment issue seems to be a Nissan issue.

The screwing up the paint job is a dealer issue...

Every state has different amounts of time when it comes to Lemon Laws.

As someone who went through the Lemon Law process last year, I STRONGLY suggest reading up on your state's process' when it comes to Lemon Law...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Thermal1

That sucks to hear about your misfortune. I would personally be satisfied if they fixed everything (to my standards) and threw in an exhaust or something. (how about free gas for life?)
Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I will wait for the movie.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by davidv
I will wait for the movie.
lmao...

but yea I actually read the whole thing... sorry to hear man... you would expect "professionals" to be ... well professional about the work they do on your car.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny, I read the whole thing as well. Sorry hear bro. Check your lemon laws, regardless if you have multiple problems, they're still occurring. You may qualify...good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
staticfive05

hahaha ya there is alot to read anyhow...

but i guess the way i feel is that the paint isnt the same after being repainted.

and the lady from nissan consumer affairs did remind me.. that dealerships are individually owned but they do want me to be satisfied..

and if i got a new Z, i wouldnt be reminded that its been painted, and i wouldnt worry about that alignment issue..

one more thing have any of you guys had your rpm needle get stuck??? its happened to be a few times, took it to that same dealership they couldnt duplicate the problem although that was a hard one to do. it would get stuck, then i would pull over to the side and rev up, and it would loosen but it would look really sketchy as the needle rose.

and i havent had my car for a while to see if it still does it...

Last edited by staticfive05; 05-07-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I stay far away from the dealership....
Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That's...

brutal but not surprising. A new car out of it...? Hmm that would be quite the precedent.

Ps. This thread needs more emoticons
Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel the pain on this. I'd be so ticked off after the first week and would have demanded a brand new one. Like my salesman said, "you pay the price of a brand new car, its got to leave here perfect."

I had a good salesman btw. Til this day he still hooks me up.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
VENOMSZ

Why don't you get in touch with the actual owner of this stupid dealership?
Get ownership involved with this situation, and try to swap a new Z for the
one that's been violated. I doubt Nissan is going to really help you out.
Once you buy that car, they no longer seem to care or want to help.
I had a similar issue with my Nismo spoiler on my 06, and after all the running around, back and forth with Nissan consumer affairs, nothing was resolved...
until I contacted the owner of this dealership. It was resolved promptly, and correctly by them, but only after the owner got involved.
Good luck.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
VeeTec

Yeah, I always look over my car when it is about to be serviced, while the service manager is standing there. I then look it over again, when they give it back.

Sutherlin Mall of Georgia Nissan even does a vehicle check, and puts the condition down on a chart.

I got mine back with paint transfer on the front bumper, and they still tried to say it wasn't from one of their people, even though they hadn't noted the damage, and I inspected the car with them at drop off, and it wasn't there then. They fixed it though.

I no longer go to that dealer, far too many issues, and NNA complaints.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM
ComBat

I say Nissan of North America OWES you a GT-R.!
Seriously, what a hassle.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:24 PM
CSF

3 months? that's crazy. looks like you found a really crappy dealer. you definitely deserve compensation...but a new Z? that would be great but I think a bit of a stretch (but I'd say is deserved). good luck
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
z2g

I cant believe I read all that, but I feel for you man. Im at witts end with my car at a body shop right now. Lemon law that biotch b/c somehow the frame is bent
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
staticfive05

ya man a new z would be awesome.

i couldnt sleep last night i just keep thinking about how that paint isnt the same as the OE paint!!

and the silicon... wow....

i hate this!

i will actualy attempt to speak to the GM of the store, as you guys can tell im a pretty patient person but i guess once i get crazy, i wont stop so i guess im going to have to prepare what im going to say to him without the use of profanity hahaha

i wish i had pictures to show you guys... they were sapposed to call me today with when my car will be done.. but no call...

ps.

driving a ford focus is horrible.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 PM
staticfive05

Originally Posted by ComBat
I say Nissan of North America OWES you a GT-R.!
Seriously, what a hassle.
about that...

i drool everyday, but who knows if you buy it from this dealership it might have a few dents and scratches

Quick Reply: dealership dents and scratches my Z!