Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

dealership dents and scratches my Z!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Tomek350Z

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

dude you should have left the car there and said ill be back with my lawyer
they keep lieing to you about the repairs...and in turn make more problems and dont even speak of compensation

GET A LAWYER
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM
quietkilla6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
dude you should have left the car there and said ill be back with my lawyer
they keep lieing to you about the repairs...and in turn make more problems and dont even speak of compensation

GET A LAWYER

my dealer in peoria az has created all kinds of problems, including telling me something needed to be replaced. They bought the part and never put it in.. they "re evaluated the problem and decided it wasnt a big deal"
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
staticfive05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE!

so remember how i said i work for toyota right next door? well.. i got my oil change done, and i asked the service advisor to check out whats wrong with my wheel...

in 2 hours they did my oil change, and fixed the tire problem.. they said the e brake retainer had snaped and got tangled, thats why my wheel squeeked!...

i didnt have them look at the wheel being crooked yet though.. but damn it. nissan should have known that.

goes to show you they are stupid.. theyre sapposed to be certified.. either that, or my dealership has better techs.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM
03aeroZ

my local stealership had my z for 2mos too.....to paint a rear bumper! the last time they painted it, the body shop guy said, "if it doesn't work this time, you are going to have to find a different body shop and pay for it yourself because i am not doing it again". I never got a call/letter from nissan to tell them about my "wonderful" service. wish i had known you could call NNA and complain and get compensation. anyway to find out how to get in touch with NNA, even though the complaint would be about 10mos old? not to get compensated, but just to complain.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
stein

Originally Posted by staticfive05
i guess the question is.

am i being unreasonable? selfish?

what do you guys suggest?

I don't think your being unreasonable at all! They've treated you like crap so far and trashed your car on top of that!

Exactly what you're doing, getting compensated with nismo products! But you know, you need to get the noise fixed and the offset wheel fixed. For them I would take it to another shop!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
staticfive05

oh by the way nissan said. "you get dick" they told me all dealers are individually owned and they cant account for there actions. they werent willing to do anything at all. not a payment not a part nothing.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
350z Guy

wow sounds like you had a nice trip with the dealer.... i would have made a bigger fuss with them

dealers are jerks like that...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM
GenPac

Buy a corolla and call it a day. The Z is not for you.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GenPac
Buy a corolla and call it a day. The Z is not for you.
QFT. What a nightmare no doubt. I would of already done lost patience and would of been punching babies (not literally).
Old 02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i absolutely hate taking my car in to any shop. Little dents or scratches magically appear all the time. But I guess minor dings you have to deal with but sounds like they f'd up yours, you should definitely get something extra, dont know what but sounds like a nightmare.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

asking for a new car is unreasonable. what they are putting you through sucks and a little compensation isn't out of the question. asking for free parts is humorous though : )
Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Light the Car on Fire, Go about 50 intot he dealers front door and jump out. Problem solved.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
VQpoweredZ

A little while ago I had taken my car to a local Nissan Dealership and I have an aftermarket Aerosync bumper and they told me to pull down the ramp to get it serviced...I did and what do you know, I scrape the **** outta my bumper. I called Nissan and say this was my first time at the dealership and they informed me the only way I could get into the Service bay is to pull down the ramp... Even though I should have checked the ramp before going down it like a dumb *** I am.

What do you know I called up the Dealership and complained and they fixed the scrape on the bottom of the bumper. I came back to pick the car up when It was fixed, and it was perfect, you can't even tell it was painted. Nothing like the jigsaw paintjobs people are always talking about.

Moral of story- MOST Nissan Dealerships suck, FEW really care about the finished product of what the customer is getting.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
sektor 11

I agree the dealership ****ed up many times.

I don't think you should expect anything in return except for the repair of good quality.

You should have left the car there even longer until the bubbles were out of the clear bra thing and the "glary" thing was also fixed.

But to expect parts b/c they messed up is stupid. Just don't go back there any more.