Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Mods-Turbocharger opinions requested

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Jaxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods-Turbocharger opinions requested

Hey, I plan to be buying a 2004 350z sometime in the next two months.
I plan to stick a turbo in it and get her chipped, exhaust done, cold air intake, maybe headers, and a penlum divider. Then have it dyno tuned...

I was wondering some well respected brands who will give a decent performance upgrade and dont put a huge hole in the wallet.
Im also looking for input on whether a twin or single turbo is smartest...

Heres what I want from my car, I dont go to the track and if I do i dont go enough. I want it to be practical but fast, I would honesty like to break 400 horses to the wheels. Torque and acceleration is more important to me than anything because I like taking **** from a dig and most of my fun on the street is 0-60.

I am just looking for some smart brands and price quotes on the kits, and mods im looking at. I really dont have that much cash so ide also like opinions on what I should go for first. Whats important and what not, im new to tuner cars and such but have information enough to get what you guys have to say. Im sorry if this is a noob question beacuse it is, but if I got the answers and listing maybe even soem links would be VERY appreciative.

My first ideas where as follows, I was told two small turbos would be smart for affordable torque. So a garret twin would be a good choice, I was told a burlo exhaust is one of the best sounding/performance exhausts for its pricing. I havent gotten any input on a decent intake, P divider, or chip. Also have no clue on the pricing on anything. I also figured I should get the cheaper mods done first which help the most, then get it turbocharged and tuned.

All help would be very very appreciated, im just looking for scraps from everyone and opinions on the path I should take to build my car.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ibtl
Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Forced Induction section and you will learn a lot.

Oh... and @Burlo
Old 05-13-2008, 08:12 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

O brother....
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
DozJr7

inexpensive and 400+ whp don't go together...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. Excellent plan. Lets begin with a 350Z. We’ll figure out the rest later.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Jaxon

Oh brother my ***, i said iM new to tuners and turbos and cars all together. just learnt you cant use a cold air intake witha turbo so sorry...
Im just lookin for some help honestly chill out, btw I have a question If you have a turbo + an exhaust witha cat converter, is it a bad thing. or should you just get a straight pipe or whatever. because my turbo miata had a cat deletion done when it had the turbo installed.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxon
Oh brother my ***, i said iM new to tuners and turbos and cars all together. just learnt you cant use a cold air intake witha turbo so sorry...
Im just lookin for some help honestly chill out, btw I have a question If you have a turbo + an exhaust witha cat converter, is it a bad thing. or should you just get a straight pipe or whatever. because my turbo miata had a cat deletion done when it had the turbo installed.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Jaxon

Originally Posted by davidv
Welcome. Excellent plan. Lets begin with a 350Z. We’ll figure out the rest later.
I like to plan ahead so when the time comes I dont make a mistake and get something that I wouldnt have gotten a while down the line... Sorry? wait No im not, btw I dont plan to be "cheap" but I just mean I cant spend time on forged internals or getting top notch Turbos...

Lets start with these questions?

1. Twin or single, looking for torque and accell more than anything
2. Cat or No cat with a turbo setup, this answer affects my order of purchase.
3. Whats the actualy upgrade when you get a penlum divider (noob q sry)
4. Is 400whp that big a stretch honestly? Internal work required?
Im asking this because when my car came stock with like 130hp, then had it turbod and ended up with I believe 260hp if memory serves... A z starting at 290 cant break 400 easily witha Twin...????
Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

oh boy ... you, your thread, and your dreams of 500 hp by spending as little of your parents money as possible are doomed for EPIC FAIL

you're 17, didn't even know the difference between a CAI & turbo system and want 500 hp to play around with?

please quickly delete your account and stay with your miata, we don't need another tragic crash involving a naive teen in a rwd sports car causing a major accident.

Biography:
I am currently and always have been a loyal Z fan. My project and goal in mind is to get a turbocharging system installed on a 350z and break 500whp. once this is done, I can die in peace.
Interests:
Cars, Girls, MMA, partien with the boys, and somewhat - none of school
None atm

Last edited by goneinsixtyseconds; 05-13-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Jaxon

Its called an all time goal with a car man... from a Z I dont believe Ill ever plan or attempt on moving to another car... I dont plan on getting cheap mods and stop working on the car for good. Ill upgrade overtime and thats why im looking for kits thatwill allow that. I dont udnerstand why you gotta come at me like that, if you can answer a question okay but if not mind your business and back up buddy.... Your criticism isnt appreciated or asked for, I dont respect you or care at all what you think man so gtfo of my thread. Im lookin for some opinons and help not you. Aparently you dont have the info I need so peace please.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Jaxon

btw I didnt realize how mature you were, maybe that contributed to your reply?

Biography:
i enjoy long walks on the beach and romantic candle-lit dinners.
Interests:
stamp collecting, making model airplanes, doing algebra and calculus
Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Jaxon

HHAH and btw miatas are Rwd buddy get your **** straight, also my car takes stock Z's at ease and runs 13's on the track... problem is with all my mods and **** done, its practicaly a finished project that I never even got to start or finish... I want MY car to do MY choice on mods to. Once agian anyones input would be apprecaited except for goneinsixtyseconds
Old 05-13-2008, 08:59 PM
iceagetlc

Originally Posted by Jaxon
HHAH and btw miatas are Rwd buddy get your **** straight, also my car takes stock Z's at ease and runs 13's on the track... problem is with all my mods and **** done, its practicaly a finished project that I never even got to start or finish... I want MY car to do MY choice on mods to. Once agian anyones input would be apprecaited except for goneinsixtyseconds
Sounds like you don't need the Z. So please, don't get it.