2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Z's, anybody heard anything?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 05:52 AM
MichaelU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Z's, anybody heard anything?

So I've gotten a call from my dealer (Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove). He told me the first week of Sept +/-, so he'll let me know when the "exact" date is. I havn't had time to ask for VIN. I was a "S" order number so I expected more a mid-late Sept. delivery, but I called him back, still first week of Sept.

My question to you other Chicagoland Z orders. Do we know what dealership will be getting the first shipment? I went to Schaumberg Nissan near Woodfield mall and they looked @ me like I was an idiot. Saying "A Couple Of Weeks". Can we do some snooping around to find out when the first shipement is comming so we can check out we're getting. Does anybody have a delivery date sooner then sept.?

We've heard alot about west coast and arizona etc, but nothing about central and east coast. Are they moving inland like a virus or more like a thunder storm Just getting impatient and want to see a Z even if i have to wait a week or two to see MINE.

Let me know, lets do our homework.

Ciao,
MichaelU
Old 08-17-2002, 06:03 AM
MichaelU

Sound like chicago!

"Dis is a great day for da city of chicago". Daily Sr.

Sometime, sometime, soon. You'd think for such an organized city we'd be able to tell when a truck to show up.

Ciao,
MichaelU
Old 08-17-2002, 09:29 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I talked to Brad at Arlington Nissan on Wednesday. Gave me my VIN and told me Sept. 2. I hope this is true.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:19 PM
MichaelU

Frank-

My salesmen is also brad. I have to call him tommarow and get my VIN, and see if "sept 2" is what he meant by "first week of sept"

If it is so then I'll see you there.

Ciao,
MichaelU

PS> I'd still like to know if any other Chicago dealerships are getting their Z's before us
Old 08-17-2002, 06:22 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Michael,

Let me know what you find out from Brad. Sept. 2 is Labor Day, so I doubt my car will be in then.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Redline350Z

Yeah, I'd bet that's September 2002, not September 2. But either way, at least you know it will be here next month!

I'm still waiting for a VIN, but if I hear from my dealer that his first car has arrived I'll be sure to let you guys know. I haven't heard of anyone in the area with an earlier delivery date than the first week of September.

Redline350Z
Old 08-22-2002, 07:44 AM
nicco

I ORDERED MY 350Z IN EARLY JANUARY (KELLY NISSAN- OAK LAWN) I WAS ORIGINALLY PROMISED DELIVERY IN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST. LAST WEEK I WAS ADVISED THAT THE PROJECTED DELIVERY DATE WILL BE DELAYED TO 9/5 TO 9/15.
NO VIN # YET THOUGH.

SO I GUESS EARLY SEPTEMBER IS THE EARLIEST ANY OF US IN THE CHICAGO METRO AREA WILL TAKE DELIVERY OF OUR Z'S

CIAO A TUTTI & BUONA FORTUNA