Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

They "lost" my order :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 03:21 PM
polar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They "lost" my order :(

Well, Courtesy Nissan has just gotten on my **** list. I placed my order on May 8 (with deposit), so I could have the car by my birthday and when my friend is coming into town - we've already scheduled a road trip. Well, went in last week to ask about the car - no response when they said they would call back. Today, I call them up and they say that the order isn't there. So what the %^(* did you guys do with my $1000?!! Trying to get back in touch with them has turned into a freakin nightmare - the guy supposedly working on it is "busy with a customer right now" - wtf am I - chopped meat? They had a guaranteed sale and they are going to lose it in about 15 minutes.

WTB - Black track 350z with floormats...

Last edited by polar; 07-14-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:14 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Oh man. I remember going through crap like this with my order. I had to stop by frequently to get any answers, and I almost dropped my dealership because they screwed up my order and weren't going to rectify. They came around.

I'd say you should go in there with your contract and tell them to find you that car, or at the very least get you one of the first 04s they get. If not, say, Gimme my money back and walk. Most of the time, they'll do what they can to work with you, but you REALLY have to be ready to walk out without a Z.

I hope they get it taken care of. I know how long you've been waiting to get this car.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:09 PM
z-extreme

Same thing happened to me, they told me that they had to wait for an allocation spot in order to place the order for my car. Here's the sad thing, they were telling me that my car would be in at the end of June. Guess what the car will be a 2004 and be in next month.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
polar

Update - Well i guess when i told one of the sales managers that they were about to lose the sale if I didnt get answers real freakin fast, they got to work on it (I was even gonna pay MSRP - and let him now that). They are trying to get one already on route, or hunt around for a dealer that has one. The funny thing is, when he said they were gonna take a $1000 off, I didn't even care. My voice was cold and even -" Just so long as it gets here by the first week of August."
Old 07-14-2003, 05:40 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see threads frequently about one or more problems with dealers. Not a surprise; I concluded awhile back 98% of car dealers are incompetent, stupid, dishonest or all three.

Last two cars have been purchased via a car broker; I will never buy a car any other way. Cars have been delivered to my front door at the then market price with zippo hassle. Once I determine what I want, the car buying process takes less than 45 minutes of my time.....via phone & fax. I never see the inside of a dealers shop. Actually, I have never met the car broker.

Paid 2 Gs below MSRP for our Highlander a year ago & MSRP for the Brick in December.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealers lie

Everything your salesman tells you is complete bull! He told me that he is making $1000 profit on my sale! I mean i did get a great deal, fully loaded touring for $35,750, but your making well over $1000. They said that they are selling me the navigation and side air bags for the same price that they buy it for, yea right!!!
Dealers
Old 07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Intrepid175

Default Re: Dealers lie

Originally posted by Reggi914
Everything your salesman tells you is complete bull! He told me that he is making $1000 profit on my sale! I mean i did get a great deal, fully loaded touring for $35,750, but your making well over $1000. They said that they are selling me the navigation and side air bags for the same price that they buy it for, yea right!!!
Dealers
Sounds like you got a good deal.

Actually, calculating the profit margin they want to make and then selling the options at cost is not unheard of. I bought a vehicle many years ago from a local dealer. After getting their quote, I drove about 75 miles to a dealer whom some very close family friends worked for to see if they could better the deal. They had told me that they'd beat anyone's price about a month earlier when I was researching the car so I thought I'd give them a chance. Their salesman about dropped his teeth when he saw the quote. He worked through the numbers and said that my dealer had calculated his mark up and then sold me the options (which were plenty in this case) at cost. He also said he couldn't touch it and I'd be a fool not to take it, so I did.

I don't know how common this practice is but your saleman isn't necessarily lying on this one.

FWIW,
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:43 AM
shaneotool

My dealer lost my order too. But I'm glad he did.

I had an Altima 3.5SE 5-speed on order for over three months before they finally told me they messed up my order and the car wasn't coming in. I went and got my deposit back, went to another dealer and bought a Z that week.