Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had enough of Tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rather than having tailgaters bother me I reverse it on them and drive slower in the slow lane. Why make some nuisance ruin your day. Turn the situation around and give them back their drama

I don't daily my Z so when I take it out to town im in no rush on the streets, however there are times of course when its clear to give it a little go
Old 06-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Steve-O Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I slow down and when they get closer, I brake check them. If they hit me, I'll swear a dog ran across. New Z for me. I usually drive 5-10 over anyways so there's no reason to be 6" or less off my ***. Nothing pisses me off more than tailgaters.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Sergio8A

Default Ricers!

what about the ones who want to race you ..some tailgate you and then they want to tease you until you bite!@$$Holes like that are the ones that **** me off..
Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rmezz13
And the people always flaming noobs instead of helping them.......
We all helped during the first few years. But who the hell wants to answer the same question to some new punk kid every week?
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Akabeth

I've only had the pleasure of being tail-gated [like TC] twice in the past year, and BOTH after rounds of golf!! Mind you and BOTH times I was still with my PERMIT!!!!

First was by a Lambo Murciellago after we finished around 4pm in Doral, FL[November] right after we got outside of the resort. He tailgated me for about a minute through traffic, and out of nowhere came a cop from the right intersection. I waved at the mirror, he waved too [LOOOL] and called it off. We ended up eating a full-table dinner in a restaurant after that xD Me, my cousin [he's the adult] and the lambo driver with his son! He apparently played behind me in Doral :\

Then a ~circa. '95-ish Civic. I was driving outside Columbus, OH a month ago after a round of golf. I had my Valentine One up [bought this after Doral] and I knew police was coming in from the left. I let him off, he went FLYING past my car, while I then drove below speed limit. He got caught, then stopped in front of my eyes. I learnt a lesson that day: DON'T RACE WITHIN city limits, EVER!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM
sporkdevil

You shouldn't get tailgaters in the slow lane. Maybe you should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE FAST LANE! I pass by so many slow d-bags in the fast lane on their phone or, as I saw yesterday, FLOSSING! No one is paying attention to the road, driving the limit or under on the highway, and won't get the hell out of the fast lane.

And if someone is riding your *** on city streets, and you are driving just as fast as the guy next to you, you must realize you are impeding traffic. Please consider that some people have places to go, and you should get the hell out of the way if you don't.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

You just take the foot off the accelerator & allow your monZter to coast down slowly; that senseless lackey will get anxious & change lanes from be-
hind you! "Watch out for the other driver!"
Old 06-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Steve-O Z33

Most of the time, it happens to me on a 2 lane road with a 35 limit. I move on the highway. I have a loud horn on my car for the people that put on makeup, read books, or ride 2 lanes b/c the cell phone takes too much attention. I beep the horn and give a signal like, "HANG IT UP!" or point at my eyes and point ahead. They usually get pissed and flip me off. They're too good to keep the safety of others in mind. We've had 3 motorcyclists here get hit in 3 days. 2 died instantly. All because people can't pay attention or wait 2 seconds to pull out. It's uncalled for.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
haeshik

just right now coming back from work i had 3 seperate tailgaters. 2 on frwy and 1 on local. if they tailgate me all i do is brake check their a$$
Old 06-14-2008, 12:09 PM
The Captain

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm in the slow lane and get tailgated, I'll just let of the gas and continue to slow down (even if I slow down to 5mph) until the person knocks that **** off or goes around me. If they slow down and give me some room only to do it again, I brake check their *** to let them know that I'm serious.

If I'm in the fast lane and someone tailgates me, I just move out of the way. Easy as that.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:34 PM
shabz

Whenever that happens to me i pull to the next lane... slow down.. wait for them to come next to me.. open my window and give them a nice FU** You!... with the finger of course... and then come behind them and give them a taste of their own medicine!... i get pretty pissed off wit those morons... thats just me tho...
Old 06-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Denum

Originally Posted by shabz
Whenever that happens to me i pull to the next lane... slow down.. wait for them to come next to me.. open my window and give them a nice FU** You!... with the finger of course... and then come behind them and give them a taste of their own medicine!... i get pretty pissed off wit those morons... thats just me tho...

eh no offence, i highly dislike those who give the finger. It's just rude and kid-like. Was driving speed limit few days ago, come to a stop light. The guy wanted to take a left into the u-turn lane. So i moved up closer to the vehicle in front of me and let him go through, look up and the driver (GROWN MAN) flicks me off. Sad how even grown adults find the need to show some sort emotion as immature as that. Probably thought he was cool, such a bi tch move regret ever letting him go through.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:49 PM
insomniaxvi

Windshield wiper washer fluid: engage. Gives them a nice shower.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
haeshik

^i hate when fackers do that especially after just washing your car. rather brake check cause wiper fluid gets your car dirty
Old 06-14-2008, 03:54 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

If i'm in the slow lane i don't care , if in the fast lane i do the proper thing and move over. Even if i'm doing 30 over in the fast lane i still move over for the faster car. Then again i don't drive like the world revolves around me.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by insomniaxvi
Windshield wiper washer fluid: engage. Gives them a nice shower.
LOL good idea I should try this.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Fletch69z

I show them my brake lights but I don't actually slam on the brakes. I just push down enough that the lights come on and it scares them back. I did have a big dodge truck following me while towing a trailer once and I showed him my brake lights and I saw the whole thing lock up and shimmy because the trailer was pushing the truck while he hit his brakes. I was thinking "Yeah, you see how hard it is to stop that big piece of ****? You think you're going to stop as fast as my sports car if I actually have to stop for some reason?" It is one of my favorite memories, .
Old 06-14-2008, 04:19 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gclancer
Since gas is pretty expensive these days, i've been driving nicely & keep it under 3000 RPM. But i just can't stand people keep tailigating me like they want to kiss the rear of the Z's bumper or something. I've had enough tonight being tailgate by a brand new evo. Instead of trying to run away from the EVO, i just drive a little slower than normal and then the EVO just change line & took off. Have you guys encounter this kind of tailgaters & what would you do? Gun it or slow down?
Under 3000 RPM?

Get out of the left left and stop holding up people who have places to go. Slow drivers are the most annoying thing about my morning commute.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:21 PM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by shabz

Try doing that in my state.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 PM
mostlypeaceful

If you're in the speed lane, then move. Otherwise just taking your foot off the gas and giving the brake a little nudge to make your lights go red does the trick. They'll get closer than normal and then pass you. Works every time.

Quick Reply: Had enough of Tailgaters