Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had enough of Tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 PM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I was specifically referring to people who tailgate in traffic when there is no place to go. I never get tailgated in the left lane because I don't drive 5 under the speed limit and people in Oregon move like turtles anyways.
in CA i get tailgated doing 80 in the slow lane...
Old 05-02-2009, 11:33 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dkorr
in CA i get tailgated doing 80 in the slow lane...

Yeah in CA, you get tailgated if you're not going with the general flow of traffic. Even if you're speeding, theres always SOMEBODY going even faster and you always seem to be in their way.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aloh

Yeah in CA, you get tailgated if you're not going with the general flow of traffic. Even if you're speeding, theres always SOMEBODY going even faster and you always seem to be in their way.
In the Twin Cities, at least in my experiences, you either tailgate or someone will merge in front of you as fast and unannounced as possible.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 AM
_STEVEO_01

I freakin hate driving here in Hawaii... There is no such thing as a "fast lane" here, you have jack azzes that drive the same speed (usually 40-45) side by side who back up traffic on a daily bases. This state has the worst drivers. PERIOD.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
cubs4worldseris

Default Tailgating and COPS

I'm not going to lie, I do tailgate sometimes, but very rarely. Nonetheless, I was driving last night on a fairly busy 2 land road in Maryland. The speed limit is 45 MPH and cops are plentiful on this particular road. I was in the right lane along with about 10 other cars. We were all going about 50 MPH. All of a sudden this Nissan Altima gets up against my bumper, gets pissed, and switches to the left lane and punches the gas. He is going about 70 now when he cuts me off and gets ahead of me in my lane. A second later he passes a cop and the cop pulls out ahead of me and turns on his signals and pulls him over!!!! I about totaled my Z laughing my a** off!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cubs4worldseris
I'm not going to lie, I do tailgate sometimes, but very rarely. Nonetheless, I was driving last night on a fairly busy 2 land road in Maryland. The speed limit is 45 MPH and cops are plentiful on this particular road. I was in the right lane along with about 10 other cars. We were all going about 50 MPH. All of a sudden this Nissan Altima gets up against my bumper, gets pissed, and switches to the left lane and punches the gas. He is going about 70 now when he cuts me off and gets ahead of me in my lane. A second later he passes a cop and the cop pulls out ahead of me and turns on his signals and pulls him over!!!! I about totaled my Z laughing my a** off!!!!!!!!
Thank you for signing up just to share this story.

Learn to multitask, or save the laughter for when you're stopped.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
I freakin hate driving here in Hawaii... There is no such thing as a "fast lane" here, you have jack azzes that drive the same speed (usually 40-45) side by side who back up traffic on a daily bases. This state has the worst drivers. PERIOD.
Yeah, but you live in Hawaii!!

Granted, the only time I visited I spent most of my time in the slums. The 15 year old girls I was with (settle down, I was only 17) were constantly getting asked to dance in clubs and people kept trying to sell us pot, but we had a luau on the beach and ate poi!

I didn't drive there. The worst drivers I have ever been around were in Atlanta. Those people suck.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
XV8Crisis

Yeah, but you live in Hawaii!!

Granted, the only time I visited I spent most of my time in the slums. The 15 year old girls I was with (settle down, I was only 17) were constantly getting asked to dance in clubs and people kept trying to sell us pot, but we had a luau on the beach and ate poi!

I didn't drive there. The worst drivers I have ever been around were in Atlanta. Those people suck.
i didn't like poi very much when i visited.
and yes, atlanta has horrible drivers, go 35above in the mornings and you are fine. cops could give a rats
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Flick Montana

Oh yeah, poi tastes like wet sand. But there were hot chicks in bikinis on the beach with me so I would have eaten anything and not cared.

I drove THROUGH Chicago once. I'd never drive there on a regular basis. I'd just shoot myself.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
dkorr

Oh yeah, poi tastes like wet sand. But there were hot chicks in bikinis on the beach with me so I would have eaten anything and not cared.

I drove THROUGH Chicago once. I'd never drive there on a regular basis. I'd just shoot myself.
I agree... there's no taste in POI... Luau Roast Pig is another story
Old 05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
krypto

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
you've never been to miami then. we got haitians(a race of blacks, maybe 50% of south florida) that refuses to follow the law. for example, on a 3 lane main street, they'll go in the right lane and stopp in the middle of the main street to pickup/dropoff a friend. then they will honk at you if you honk at them. or people here CONSTANTLY making U-turns at intersections that have big signs saying no U-turns. its ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:35 PM
sasquatch308

had a jackass in a new civic Si tailing me on the highway then he tries to pass me after the off ramp and failed epically, I then moved into the next lane with him behind me and came upto a red light and put on my brakes ( love the new Hawk pads) and stopped on a dime, his car had his ABS locking up to stop. got to learn some way or another.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Flick Montana

I find I get tailgated a LOT less in my Z than I do in my Accord. I think people are at least slightly more worried about rear ending a nicer car. In the Accord, which I don't drive at a different speed, people are always riding me or trying to show off as if their lunatic street driving impresses me.

The other day I had a guy on a crappy busted motorbike doing wheelies next to me like he was a stunt man. I politely asked my wife to open her door, but she wouldn't.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Deevel79

When some kid in a riced out whatever pulls up next to me, or rides my ***, i'll usually downshift and gun it to the point where i see him dropping further and further back in my rear view, then i'll slow down and let him catch up just to let him know that he's out of his league. I just got the car, but so far im 2-0 against little annoying ricers. My first kill was a new civic si, and my latest was a Scion TC. Suprisingly the Scion hung in there tougher than the Civic si.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:57 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 AM
tdredi

although i have a vw golf, and yes it's a diesel, i either:

(1) accelerate just hard enough to bellow out a cloud of black/grey smoke that doesn't smell good, or

(2) put on the rear fog lamp and if need to turn it of/on a couple of times to see if the driver gets the message. if not, i'll just keep it on and drive the speed limit.

(3) oh and bonus. if they pass me, and i happen to not have my HIDs on, bizap, and on they go and they're on the bright side of lighting....

That's all!!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by cubs4worldseris
did that happen to be Rt. 40?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 AM
LeMans 05

Sorry you didn't like Chicago driving. Apologies if I was one of the contributors to your bad experience. LOL. You just have to be aggressive in Chicago. I usually work under the mindset that the other person has no choice. They will let me in. Usually works. No swerving, just a slow, steady lane change with your blinker on. They may not have wanted to let you in originally, but they do once you're sharing a lane with them.

Then again, I don't DD the Z to Chicago, either!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by kaizenro1
Lately, motorcyclists wait right on my bumper. I turn my car off when the light turns green. I act like I stalled.
^ +1 this happened to me twice in the last week. They get literally 2 inches from my bumper. Both of them were Cruiser type motorcycles w/ sterotypical cruiser dude.

Crotch Rocket guys seem to give a lot of space, and don't constantly rev their throttle
Old 05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by LeMans 05
Sorry you didn't like Chicago driving. Apologies if I was one of the contributors to your bad experience. LOL. You just have to be aggressive in Chicago. I usually work under the mindset that the other person has no choice. They will let me in. Usually works. No swerving, just a slow, steady lane change with your blinker on. They may not have wanted to let you in originally, but they do once you're sharing a lane with them.

Then again, I don't DD the Z to Chicago, either!
It's nothing against Chi town, but I come from Indiana. We are pretty laid back and the roads are pretty open. It was a shock to go from that to a big city. I struggled just to drive in Indianapolis, so Chicago was rough. Now that I'm near Portland, I have to drive a big city WITH hills in a manual. *sigh*

Quick Reply: Had enough of Tailgaters