Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had enough of Tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:21 PM
xDIEGOx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fukcing hate slow drivers in the fast lane. If you're trying to save gas and you're in the fast lane. Then you deserve to be tailgated. Go to the slow lanes if you want to save gas. If I'm driving over the speed limit on the fast lane and I see someone behind me that is catching up, I just move over. Simple as that. No need to have an ego and make them go around.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:18 PM
gclancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you guys are satisfy with my answer. I drive 70MPH on 1st & 2nd lane; 75MPH or above in 3rd & 4th lane. I personally hate people drive 60MPH on the 3rd & 4th lane too.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:24 PM
kaizenro1

Lately, motorcyclists wait right on my bumper. I turn my car off when the light turns green. I act like I stalled.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i think of it like this. i typically get irritated a bit when someone in front of me is driving too slow for my taste. someone tailgating you is telling you this so they must be irritated at your rate of speed. so think of it from their perspective it makes sense. just get out of the way. if i see a car coming up to me a higher rate of speed, i will usually just switch lanes to get out of their way even before they get a chance to tailgate.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:45 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try living off of a 2 lane road...every one here drives slow (Trucks and SUV's). I usually go around them when the lane is broken. But people still get pissed when I go around them...

+1 Nexx
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 AM
pangoman

Originally Posted by xDIEGOx
I fukcing hate slow drivers in the fast lane. If you're trying to save gas and you're in the fast lane. Then you deserve to be tailgated. Go to the slow lanes if you want to save gas. If I'm driving over the speed limit on the fast lane and I see someone behind me that is catching up, I just move over. Simple as that. No need to have an ego and make them go around.
I agree about the ego part for sure. When my Pops taught us how to drive he always emphasized to us boys that the left lane was the "PASSING" lane. I think that referring to it as the fast lane confuses people into thinking that since they're going 2 mph over the limit that they should be in that lane...big NEGATORY on that folks. Think "PASSING" lane.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:36 AM
gregom

I never really have problems with tailgaters, but I drive pretty fast most of the time. 10-15 over on major streets... but I usually drive right at or even sometimes slower than the speed limit in residential or extremely busy areas because I'm looking out for others. When its really busy people tend to make stupid decisions and jump out into traffic and thats what can cause an accident.

The only time I really get tailgated is by that Honda Civic with stupid exhaust when wants to race me...

Although if someone was coming up behind me fast, i'll just get into the right lane if there is one. No need to provoke people any further, your just making them drive more aggressively. Who knows your purposely slowing down may cause them to cause an accident ahead of you, which may delay you soon ahead. Just move over, your not making things better or teaching them a lesson by going slower. You guys are a lot of the reason we have so much aggressive driving is because your aggrevating those too immature to just slow down and be patient for a spot to pass.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:46 AM
blacksl3ek

autodimming mirror +tint= tailgate all you want i wont notice
Old 06-15-2008, 10:30 AM
04LIQUIDSILVER

One of my friends install HID on hes taillights ... (if is a night time he blinds the **** of them)
Old 06-15-2008, 07:54 PM
mrfobbyaccent

i just ignore it usually, but it really really bugs when those stupid acura integras and honda civics do it cause they think there all fast cause they have thier stupid turbo's in there cars which any z can beat even stock
Old 06-15-2008, 08:07 PM
13ringinheat

Originally Posted by gclancer
Hope you guys are satisfy with my answer. I drive 70MPH on 1st & 2nd lane; 75MPH or above in 3rd & 4th lane. I personally hate people drive 60MPH on the 3rd & 4th lane too.
Can someone translate this into English for me. Did he just say that he drives slower in the passing lane and faster in the regular lanes??
Old 06-16-2008, 05:19 AM
Neb

For me.. it all depends on the situation. I used to do the 'slam on my brakes' method when I was a bit younger and had cars I didnt really care whether I got slammed in the back or not. Of course that all changed once I started buying some nicer vehicles...

For the most part I'll either slow down to the speed limit (I'm usually doin just a few over) and see if they flip out. Most people do and zoom around you anyway and I just kind of laugh inside.

Sometimes I do the gun it move though... but I've found that to be pretty uneffective. All that happens is the crazy *** behind me just starts driving faster, and when we come to a stop I fear for the rear end of my car as I watch them nearly lock up their tires trying to come to a stop behind me.

Like some have mentioned, I've started taking more of the passive route. I'll get over and let the person pass... but if they're a real dickhole.. I'll let them pass then get behind them and tailgate them

Last edited by Neb; 06-16-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Neb

Originally Posted by 04LIQUIDSILVER
One of my friends install HID on hes taillights ... (if is a night time he blinds the **** of them)
Haha! Thats awesomely hilarious and probably very effective...

yet kind of dangerous
Old 06-16-2008, 06:02 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I floor it, and see how long they can keep up! LOL

Jkn - I really get t'd off pull up to the side of them and kindly say pull over ***** ****a!
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Charles Field

I've found that I can't drive fast all the time and after driving this machine for a while, driving fast is something I don't feel the need to do, but when I want to I can and do.

Same with tailgates, I've done all the above mentioned tactics, just depends how I feel at the time, so don't let them tailgate me when I'm in one of the fast driving modes 'cause I'll mess with ya.

What I have noticed is that there seems to be a false depth perception when looking out of the rear of the Z. Things seem closer then I feel they should be. Whenever I back into a space and then check the distance left, I am aways several feet away from the object approaching. Maybe supposed tailgaters are not quite as close I am judging them.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
BYL

I hate tailgaters and hate doing it myself. If I'm driving slow, I'm out of the fast lane. If I'm in the fast lane and I see a car coming up rather fast, I get out. Its proper driving! I hate slow driver in the fast lane. Go to the Autobahn and get caught driving slow in the fast lane, you will never drive on that road again. They are very strict about it. For some reason Americans have to show their pride/ego and on purpose fail to get out of the fast lane knowing there is a faster moving vehicle. That pisses me off when I want to drive fast.
To be completely honest, there are times when I drive slower in the fast lane, but to my defense I do so only to avoid terrible road conditions that may exist in the other lanes. As soon as I know I can get out of the fast lane and enjoy descent roads, I do so right away (oh, I do adjust my speed accordingly, of course).
I'm equally pissed off at people who drive with high beams on when there is no need to. but I'll start a separate thread for that discussion.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Master Shake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you who like to do the brake check method, give this a try. Depending on your speed, slip into a lower gear first, then brake check hard and accelerate right away. That should help reduce the chance of you getting rear ended.

Of course, you could also just pick up a bumper sticker that says, "If you're gonna ride my ***, at least pull my hair too!"
Old 06-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Neb

Originally Posted by Master Shake
For those of you who like to do the brake check method, give this a try. Depending on your speed, slip into a lower gear first, then brake check hard and accelerate right away. That should help reduce the chance of you getting rear ended.

Of course, you could also just pick up a bumper sticker that says, "If you're gonna ride my ***, at least pull my hair too!"
downshift and e-brake FTW?

...they'll never see it comin' =P
Old 06-16-2008, 01:31 PM
gregom

No offence but your ideas here are stupid... seriously aggrevating these people further is just stupid. Why risk yourself, your vehicle, them, and possibly other motorists on the road just because your going to teach them a lesson by getting them back.

Just move over to the other lane if you can and let the jerks pass... It's safer for everyone that way. If you cant then just keep doing what your doing. Don't worry about it... if they do hit you at their own fault (i.e. not your slowing down quickly on purpose) then they have to pay the damages.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:24 PM
hawaiianZ

i point my rear washer nozzle and face it up behind me. i shot so much people with water already, just washin my rear windshield, not my fault ure to close.

Quick Reply: Had enough of Tailgaters