Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had enough of Tailgaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 PM
gclancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Had enough of Tailgaters

Since gas is pretty expensive these days, i've been driving nicely & keep it under 3000 RPM. But i just can't stand people keep tailigating me like they want to kiss the rear of the Z's bumper or something. I've had enough tonight being tailgate by a brand new evo. Instead of trying to run away from the EVO, i just drive a little slower than normal and then the EVO just change line & took off. Have you guys encounter this kind of tailgaters & what would you do? Gun it or slow down?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Gclancer Is Their A Need For 3 Individual Posts, Bro?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Denum

Originally Posted by gclancer
Since gas is pretty expensive these days, i've been driving nicely & keep it under 3000 RPM. But i just can't stand people keep tailigating me like they want to kiss the rear of the Z's bumper or something. I've had enough tonight being tailgate by a brand new evo. Instead of trying to run away from the EVO, i just drive a little slower than normal and then the EVO just change line & took off. Have you guys encounter this kind of tailgaters & what would you do? Gun it or slow down?
I drive slow as possible when i see somebody trying to tailgate me. I really don't give 2 cents about the people behind me but sometimes i do get a little PO'ed at the fact they are tail gating me even when im going speed limit.

This one time some guy was tail gating me, i slamed my brakes, he hit his brakes and smoke burned from his tires. I drove off as he pulled over to the shoulder. No sympathy given.

Last edited by Denum; 06-13-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Denum

Originally Posted by marques1

Forum is all choppy and laggy. Probably why.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 PM
gclancer

Originally Posted by marques1
That's an accident, sorry! I only clicked "Post" once though.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
gclancer

Originally Posted by Denum
I drive slow as possible when i see somebody trying to tailgate me. I really don't give 2 cents about the people behind me but sometimes i do get a little PO'ed at the fact they are tail gating me even when im going speed limit.

This one time some guy was tail gating me, i slamed my brakes, he hit his brakes and smoke burned from his tires. I drove off as he pulled over to the shoulder. No sympathy given.
You brave my friend for slam on the brake, i'm too worry people would rear end my car since i only got it 3 months ago.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, yes you are right the forum is laggy. I was thinking it was possibly only my computer i guess im wrong, i apologize.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Denum

Originally Posted by gclancer
You brave my friend for slam on the brake, i'm too worry people would rear end my car since i only got it 3 months ago.

Didn't do it in a z, lol In a z, i would just drive slow as possible or move over to the next lane.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 PM
invazn

had enough of your same thread 3 times.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Denum

Originally Posted by invazn
had enough of your same thread 3 times.

Good job pointing out what already has been explained.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 PM
gclancer

Good job pointing out what already has been explained.
Can someone please close the other 2 threads for me so Denum doesn't have to explain to the others all the the time? Thanks Denum!
Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 PM
sk26dett

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also slam my brakes if they're on my a$$ for too long.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
black06z

For tail-gaters, I would do the right thing and just simply change lanes. C'mon, that's driving 101. There's no need to be driving with an ego and possibly cause an accident or altercation which lead to serious consequences. If someone wants to go faster or pass, just let them. If they wanna get a speeding ticket or waste gas, then let them learn the hard way.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:42 PM
gclancer

I totally understand people tailgates when someone drive 30mph in a fast lane but i just can't accept idiots to tailgate me even when i drive within 5mph above speed limit in a slow lane.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:51 AM
rmezz13

Yeah i usually let them pass, sometimes if it drives me insane i'll let them pass then get so far up theres if they hit the brakes they are gonna stop both of us! Depends on how they do it though.....

Black06, is that pic you (avatar)?
Old 06-14-2008, 02:53 AM
rmezz13

Forum is all choppy and laggy. Probably why.
Yeah thats why i always go to NICO, this forum sux most of the time.... And the people always flaming noobs instead of helping them.......
Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 AM
turismo

Originally Posted by black06z
For tail-gaters, I would do the right thing and just simply change lanes. C'mon, that's driving 101. There's no need to be driving with an ego and possibly cause an accident or altercation which lead to serious consequences. If someone wants to go faster or pass, just let them. If they wanna get a speeding ticket or waste gas, then let them learn the hard way.
+1
Old 06-14-2008, 06:45 AM
RN7676

Many people in my area are just poor drivers. Many often just drive as fast as the car in front of them. As if they are too scared or too stupid (or too busy on the phone) to change lanes.

Here's what I'm talking about. This happens often. A car will run up behind me on a lightly traveled multi lane road. They will tail me for miles without going around. If I change lanes they just casually pass me and tailgate the next guy they come upon.

I just don't get it. Make a decision to drive fast or slow or left or right or whatever. But these people just tail whoever is in front of them!

They are not driving aggressively, they're just not paying attention. I'd probably rather have those people in front of me anyway.

It just humors me watching the "followers" of todays society.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:38 AM
roast

Big shock why we see so many "I wrecked my poor baby" threads......

Last edited by roast; 06-14-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Skrilla

Well this all depends, I didn't see the context of your driving circumstances so here is what I think. If anybody is driving the speed limit in the passing lanes/fast lanes then f#ck you and get out of the way, I also drive more civilized now and also cruise at about 3k-ish, but that is enough to be speeding in 6th here in Ca. Any intelligent driver should make sure to stay out of the "fast" lanes if they aren't doing any passing, otherwise it’s those people that cause erratic driving (because they must be passed) and congestion on the freeway. City streets are a completely different story where there is no such thing as "fast" and "slow" lanes. In cases like these somebody doing the speed limit should not be tailgated and more time for getting-to-where-you-need-to should be taken.
Unfortunately I still get tailgated regardless of the above stated and it really pisses me off. I consider myself courteous, even though my kindness is confused for weakness, then I end up brake-checking losers who tailgate or cut me off. Anyway it’s these idiot tailgaters who should be rounded up and shot in the head

Quick Reply: Had enough of Tailgaters