wooochang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

throw pennies out the window, quarters if youre feeling really mean
Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by wooochang
throw pennies out the window, quarters if youre feeling really mean
I carry a can of spray mount whenever i go on a road trip. It's basically a spray glue that mists and dries as it lands on their windshield if they follow too close. I never had a problem w/ with stubborn tailgaters since. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...ffice-products I use to use WD-40 but they don't stick to windshields as well as Spraymounts.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Someguy350

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dkorr
I carry a can of spray mount whenever i go on a road trip. It's basically a spray glue that mists and dries as it lands on their windshield if they follow too close. I never had a problem w/ with stubborn tailgaters since. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...ffice-products I use to use WD-40 but they don't stick to windshields as well as Spraymounts.
so if you hold this stuff otu your window, to spray the guy behind you. how do you ensure it doesnt get misted all down the side of your own car??
Old 05-01-2009, 07:34 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Someguy350
so if you hold this stuff otu your window, to spray the guy behind you. how do you ensure it doesnt get misted all down the side of your own car??
use one of those thin red straws from WD-40 cans
Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bahaha! A handful of pennies. That's hilarious. I wonder what my wife would think if I filled my center console cubby with pebbles.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
rnalecz

Okay, this is what you do. First, when you see the tailgater wait until your on a straight road. Then take both hands off the steering wheel to the emergency brake. In a split second, raise the emergency brake as fast and hard as you possibly can. Initially, you may feel your braking your car, you probably are, but its all necessary to teach them the lesson. Then as your tires are squeeling jerk the steering wheel in whichever direction you prefer as your car rotates approximately 180, use your middle finger to flick them off while continuing to steer with the other hand. After that, I would say about 90% chance they won't continue to tailgate you.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Flick Montana

I don't usually get mad in my car, it's part of the euphoria of driving a convertible Z. But tailgaters put me over the top.

I usually drive slow enough that they come around me, but I don't let them get back over. If there is a car in front, I keep too small of a space for them to get over. Then I back off and when they speed up to get in, I close the gap again. It's stupid and reckless, but I feel compelled to do it. It's a compulsion.

I've always wanted a James Bond thing that releases hollow jacks from the back bumper.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I don't usually get mad in my car, it's part of the euphoria of driving a convertible Z. But tailgaters put me over the top.

I usually drive slow enough that they come around me, but I don't let them get back over. If there is a car in front, I keep too small of a space for them to get over. Then I back off and when they speed up to get in, I close the gap again. It's stupid and reckless, but I feel compelled to do it. It's a compulsion.

I've always wanted a James Bond thing that releases hollow jacks from the back bumper.
or just speed up once they jump over to the next lane, where they may eventually get boxed in if there's a car in front of them...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
MadCow

My 2 cents. I do not understand the issue about tailgating in the fast lane. The left lane should be open for hauling ***. Being from Toronto, Canada, you will be high beamed if you are hogging the inside lane. If you do not change lane you will be tailgated until you change lane. I have plenty of slow friend who got pulled over for hindering traffic. If you want to go the speed limit stay on the outside/exit lane. Now that I am residing in Florida, the concept is totally lost and useless. Way too many tourists and the damn highways have both left and right exits which defeats the purpose of a passing lane. Hence everybody is zig-zagging all over the 3 lanes.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

proof there are idiots on the road

here is the deal. yes there are morons on the road. after reading the responses it is not just the tailgaters. if you are "cruisin" in the left lane, which BTW is for passing, and someone faster than you pulls up behind you just pull over and let them by. problem solved. no need to cause an accident (like the moron with the spray glue onto a windshield can cause) or any of the other things that have been mentioned.

Last edited by Z04; 05-02-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:41 AM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

That's actually the only reason I have my rear windshield wiper. I spray people who tailgate me. I've been wanting to delete it since it's the cool thing to do, but why? when my car can mark it's territory while driving down the freeway?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oZ
Lat one, these people will tailgate on freeways and turn thier cruise control on and just coast behind ya relaxed. To hell with them, make sure with letting off gas, or throttling ahead that they never get to coast with that cruise control. They will get pissed and find another victim to tailgate.
I'm usually on the flip side of this one. I'll be using cruise control to maintain a steady 5 over in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, then some yahoo behind me decides I'm going too slow and gets in front of me then doesn't maintain his speed and slows down enough to make me have to turn off the cruise. I hate that ****.

Sometimes I can even pass them without touching the cruise only to have them overtake me again. They can't maintain a steady speed. I don't get it.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Someguy350

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Z04
proof there are idiots on the road

here is the deal. yes there are morons on the road. after reading the responses it is not just the tailgaters. if you are "cruisin" in the left lane, which BTW is for passing, and someone faster than you pulls up behind you just pull over and let them by. problem solved. no need to cause an accident (like the moron with the spray glue onto a windshield can cause) or any of the other things that have been mentioned.

i dont think thats what we are talking about here. we are talking about people who will tailgate you on a single lane road, or when you are driving in the right hand lane.

yes, if youre in the left hand lane. then you deserve to be tailgated.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by Someguy350
i dont think thats what we are talking about here. we are talking about people who will tailgate you on a single lane road, or when you are driving in the right hand lane.

yes, if youre in the left hand lane. then you deserve to be tailgated.
Correct. The assumption is that there are no other lanes available, you're already on the slow lane, you're driving near the speed limit, you don't feel its safe to pull over to the shoulder to let him pass, and he's 3ft behind your bumper, reporting him to 911 was ineffective, and you've tried the 'brake check' and 'windshield washer fluid' method without much effect. You can call the cops but they wouldn't bother with such a thing, so the vigilante approach is best. The key is to teach them a lesson.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by AshMan
That's actually the only reason I have my rear windshield wiper. I spray people who tailgate me. I've been wanting to delete it since it's the cool thing to do, but why? when my car can mark it's territory while driving down the freeway?
Did you angle the nozzle up to give it a more effective arc spray?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct. The assumption is that there are no other lanes available, you're already on the slow lane, you're driving near the speed limit, you don't feel its safe to pull over to the shoulder to let him pass, and he's 3ft behind your bumper, reporting him to 911 was ineffective, and you've tried the 'brake check' and 'windshield washer fluid' method without much effect. You can call the cops but they wouldn't bother with such a thing, so the vigilante approach is best. The key is to teach them a lesson.
yeah, and possibly kill not only that driver but innocent others that get in the way of them while they wreck because some moron sprayed crap out of their car, or threw pennies out the window. you all need a big reality check and just ignore idiots like them. by your retaliation measures you are no better than the person tailgating. even worse IMO.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:35 AM
gastoneii

I just pull the e-brake hard and release it, watch them panic and jump on the brakes and continue driving like nothing happened.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by sporkdevil
You shouldn't get tailgaters in the slow lane. Maybe you should GET THE HELL OUT OF THE FAST LANE! I pass by so many slow d-bags in the fast lane on their phone or, as I saw yesterday, FLOSSING! No one is paying attention to the road, driving the limit or under on the highway, and won't get the hell out of the fast lane.

And if someone is riding your *** on city streets, and you are driving just as fast as the guy next to you, you must realize you are impeding traffic. Please consider that some people have places to go, and you should get the hell out of the way if you don't.
+1 and the fast lane is also on surface streets.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by gastoneii
I just pull the e-brake hard and release it, watch them panic and jump on the brakes and continue driving like nothing happened.
yup, that works too. or just downshift. marbles and hugry-hippo ceramic ***** work well too...
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Flick Montana

I was specifically referring to people who tailgate in traffic when there is no place to go. I never get tailgated in the left lane because I don't drive 5 under the speed limit and people in Oregon move like turtles anyways.

Quick Reply: Had enough of Tailgaters