Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Z at night

Old 08-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Z_type

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z at night

Last night I was going down, franklloydwright almost at the 101 (Scottsdale area) heading to the Pavillions, a camaro came zooming up. He’s license plate was fryrice, which I thought was funny. When we get to the stoplight, there the guy tells me that he thinks my car way cool and gave a thumbs up and at same time the light turn green and he takes off. Of course I’m not going to go after him not in my new baby, he he . So were on the highway and this older M3 pull up and matches speed with us. I look over and he also gives us the thumbs up too. I have sooooo much fun driving this car. I fits me like a glove!! I love the color of all the gauges and the xenon light WOW, I need to take some night time pictures..

Last edited by Z_type; 08-18-2002 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Electro Z

Talking

Sounds like your having the fun you expected from your baby. My Daytona Blue is due at any time so.. I will be grinning along with you very soon indeed. Get us some more pics of you and the car around your home area so we can see the ear to ear grin on your face!

My Procurment manager wants me to keep my Z on the showroom floor for a week till his comes in.. Along with a no touch no sit sign but...... I dont know... I may leave it there for a few days... depending on when it arrives.. but not the first day.

All the best with your Z

E ~ Z
Old 08-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Z_type

Trust me, do not leave your car at the dealer. As soon as you see your car you well want to take it home
Old 08-18-2002, 07:11 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Electro Z
Sounds like your having the fun you expected from your baby. My Daytona Blue is due at any time so.. I will be grinning along with you very soon indeed. Get us some more pics of you and the car around your home area so we can see the ear to ear grin on your face!

My Procurment manager wants me to keep my Z on the showroom floor for a week till his comes in.. Along with a no touch no sit sign but...... I dont know... I may leave it there for a few days... depending on when it arrives.. but not the first day.

All the best with your Z

E ~ Z
After paying MSRP I wouldn't leave it unless they are willing to compensate you for it and lay down as many rules as possible.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:18 PM
leadfoot

Z type, I would have gone to Pavillions but didn't see the post until this morning.

Electro, you are out of your mind, people will crawl all over that thing with a very good chance of some scratches and plenty of grubby handprints. I don't think it is a very good idea.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Z_type

Lets put it this way. there are 3 z that show up in Az. 2 show up at my dealer. the other show up at some other dear(can't say there name) but one of the PID guys back the Z car in to another car and did $2000 worth of damage to the car. Can you belive that. SO DO NO LEAVE your car at the dealer!!
Old 08-18-2002, 07:31 PM
azmo

Z-type, id love to see some more pics of it at night if possible. Man, you must be having a blast. Some nose view shots of it shining under some lights would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Electro Z

Exclamation dear oh dear oh dear

Man.. I know you guys are right... I am gonna pi** the dealership off bad though. They are having a dinner for all of the new Z owners after the last car arrives but your damn right. I dont want any idiot backing my car into anything.... I would have to go and cease the operation of said loser!

I guess I will be a bad guy and after all the paperwork is done.. say... I dont think I will leave it... and cruise out of there... perhaps I would bring it back and sit with it on the weekend.. but leave it... Now .. with the info you gave me.... I would sit right there.

Thanks Guys!!

E ~ Z
Old 08-18-2002, 08:16 PM
azjimbo

Z_type-Let me know when and if you are going to show your car at the Pavillions again(or anywhere else for that matter).I would love to see it and wish you the best.I have a scheduled date of November for delivery so the wait continues.Best of luck and enjoy.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
rouxeny

There's no way I'm going to let my car sit at the dealer. There are just way to many bad things that could happen.

I wouldn't be averse to having a Z show and tell day though. It might be fun to have my Z on display, with me there answering questions, seeing as we've proven we know more about the car than the dealer. I'd even be willing to offer a few test rides....not drives. At least if I was there, I'd feel a lot better about people seeing the car. "Sorry, no kids with ice cream cones allowed."

Andrew
Old 08-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Electro Z

Default Yup

Andrew.. thats it exactly.. I will be on hand as answer man. Though .. I dont think I would do the ride thing. too much chance of some "mick" with crappy smelly clothes trashing my insides.

But there for a show and tell.. sure!

Also.. My wife is an Insurance person and replyed to my telling her about the damaged Z's that now they are "used" cars.. not new and have lost almost all their value.. even if they are repaired.

So my statement to the dealer will be what she told me.. "your car is not covered if you leave it in such an exposed place where people will be around it all the time".

I am not being paid by the dealer.. I am not being given any incentive to have it in such a dangerous place

I will let you all know.. with pics when it arrives..

E ~ Z
Old 08-18-2002, 08:55 PM
Z_type

azjimbo, well next weekend is fine. what is a good time to show up?
Old 08-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Thunderbolt
Charter Member #88

Default Re: Yup

Originally posted by Electro Z

Also.. My wife is an Insurance person and replyed to my telling her about the damaged Z's that now they are "used" cars.. not new and have lost almost all their value.. even if they are repaired.
As a former employee in a new car dealership I can say that I have seen many new cars damaged. The car is repaired and then sold as new. My understanding is the car is new until it has been titled. At that point it becomes used.

As to letting your car stay at a dealership, they are under no obligation to pay for any damage done to your car by the public at large. I agree with your wife, don't leave it there. Unless they agree in writing to cover any damage occurred while in their possession which I doubt they will do, I would take my car home and tell the Dealer that I will bring it over for people to look at at a given time of day, say on a Sat or Sunday.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:33 PM
Electro Z

Default My Baby is Coming home wit me!

Thanks fo rall your good advise.. I WILL be bringing my Z home with me to stay.

E ~ Z
Old 08-19-2002, 02:08 AM
azjimbo

Z_type let's try for around 7pm or whatever is good for you.Remember you are the one with the goods.Send me a pm with your thoughts.Thanks.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:14 AM
leadfoot

Please post or pm me if you would regarding show and tell. Thanks. I'm in South Chandler BTW.

Doug