Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Got the best compliment while driving today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 09:55 AM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stories like these are great to hear... when i purchased my z i actually had all the paperwork done on a new wrx sti. i was expecting delivery in 3 weeks but went with my mom to buy a pathfinder for her. i knew all about the z as i had a modded maxima at the time but i really wanted the sti. when i saw the z in person up close and drove it i fell in love. i bought it that night and called the subaru dealer the next day. the sti is definately a nice car and definately way faster but theres something about the z that is special. i think it's pretty universal.

when i went to the ny auto show this year the z and g35 booths attracted so much attention (especially from beautiful women!!) while the sti attracted 12 yr old grand turismo players. although i'd never buy a car for the looks alone or as a "status" symbol, it is a nice side effect. =)

Last edited by ckny; 07-28-2003 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:56 AM
ckny

btw - 350zmatt... saw your car on sunday parked at the walt whitman mall in huntington. first time i've seen your car ... it looks amazing man.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:06 AM
cyberz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Wgiglio
We have all received positive looks/comments about the car. I will never forget pulling up to a hotel and an eight-year old tourist walked by and said "what an ugly car."
how sad
Old 07-28-2003, 10:38 AM
drew703

It's kinda funny actually, cause a lotta of these stories sound JUST like me in the months before I got my Z. Whenever I saw a Z, I would weave through traffic just to catch up and compliment the owner, or give a "ill have your baby for your car" look lol. Even if it sounds kinda corny, I remember everytime I saw a Z it immediately made my day better. There's just something about the car, its amazing. And now every single day is good, I get to wake up, and drive my Z!

Another story I remembered earlier today.
Friday evening I was in NJ for a car show this past weekend, and I stopped at a Mobil station near Somerset. I parked near the front of the store, and when I come back out, I see this guy in a tuxedo just admiring my car. He realizes it's mine, and says "Man I LOVE THIS CAR! I want one so bad my wife wont let me get one though! YOU ARE SO LUCKY, OH MAN i can still smell the new car smell! DONT YOU LOVE IT?" At first I was smiling, then I started moving closer to my car to get in and drive away, cause the guy sounded like he was about to rape my car. He was seriously sounding like he wanted to make love to it...im not joking here, his voice was getting high and emotion-filled... lol nonetheless it was definitely a constant reminder of just how nice the Z is

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-28-2003, 10:41 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Not as many looks now as back in last fall but it still happens everywhere I go. I get thumbs up from all ages. The car has universal appeal.

My favorite compliment:
I am driving down the road and suddenly all three lanes are forced to merge into one due to some road work ahead. I kind of nudge my way in front of a work van of some type. I wave to the driver and go my merry way. A mile or so down the road after the contruction ends, the van pulls up along side of me and a beautiful blonde in the passenger seat starts yelling at me to roll down my window. She looked really pissed. I am thinking that maybe I was too presumptious in thinking they actually intended to let me in front of them. I cautiously roll down my window. The blonde yells loadly, "HEY!!....THE NEXT TIME YOU PULL IN FRONT OF ME.......<she pauses>.......YOU BETTER TAKE ME WITH YOU!....We both laugh and drive off..
Old 07-28-2003, 12:09 PM
davidh

Originally posted by Zulu
. Funny thing, Ocean Drive in S. Beach is lined on both sides with exotics and brand new cars. I've also gotten the "how you like your Z?" from Porsche, bimmer and benzo owners...
As Zulu noted, exotic cars on Miami Beach are a common sight, so imagine my joy when a guy in an Astin Martin DB7 asks me how I like the Z. I told him it's the best sports car I've ever owned. He asks me where I got it, and I pulled over to give him details. He said he was going get one right away and would give my name as a referal. Of course I thought he was full of sh*t, but whatever. Two weeks later I got a referal check for $250!!!!! That is the ULTIMATE compliment.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:13 PM
zrob

Default I've got all sorts of reactions...

... best one was while sitting in a bar waiting for a to-go order, half the bar cleared out into the parking lot. At first I thought it was a fight but when I asked wazup some guy said it's one of those Z Cars. 10 minutes later walking out with my order I had to part the crowd, there was still about 20 people standing around. As I drove off I said "Bond, James Bond"...

And the girls? All I have to say about that is WAY too many girls will go for a ride with a complete stranger. I gotta love that!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Btooth

Default Re: I've got all sorts of reactions...

Originally posted by zrob

And the girls? All I have to say about that is WAY too many girls will go for a ride with a complete stranger.
ARG! i dont need any more reasons to be obsessed with this car!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 12:38 PM
wilson9913

Default Oh no...

Was at a restaurant having some drinks on the patio after a ballgame with my team mates. Had parked in a remote spot as usual when I hear over the intercom....

"Would the owner of the black 350Z please come to the front". All I'm thinking is great... who the hell could hit my car? It's way the $#&* out there!

Turns out it's a guy wanting to ask me how I like the car. Whew!

Can't believe he asked the restaurant to call me up.

John.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Mikestro

So I am cruising the beach in Oceanside and this woman and presumably her husband in a SUV pull along side of me at a red light. She starts asking me how I like my car and she tells me how she is in love with the Z and wants one soooo bad...all of this with her significant other sitting right there.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:50 PM
35oZephyR

On Aesthetics...

I think the best comments will come from the little kids because they don't front. They're unbiased and they'll tell you if they think the car looks nice as hell.

Older people will be too reserved or try to be like
"oh an m3 will smoke it and you can only fit two in that"

or

"that's only a 30 thousand dollar car it's not an exotic but it looks pretty good"

Unless they're really enthusiastic about the car they'll let you know.

But kids....they're the best...and when I was a kid.. NOTHING got me more excited than seeing a beautiful car. They represent the grown-up self-conscience.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:53 PM
cheeves

I have an uncle who is pretty high up in GM (N. American V.P. of sales and marketing) Saw him last week, at a Tigers game, sitting in the GM corporate suite of course. And sorta sheepishly showed him a pic of my Z. He's a cool guy so I knew I wouldn't be thrown on the field. He say's yeah..we have a couple in the pool. They have a pool FULL of different cars, anything and everything. So I ask have you driven one? Yes he says. Twice.... Silence...and finially I say..So?...He says, I have to be careful...not to be seen in any particular car to often, and besides the list to check those cars out is VERY long.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:20 PM
Brando222
Ziologist

Default I've gotten...

lots of the usual compliments, thumbs up, waves, people stopping and talking. Today I got a dreaded cute compliment. Some brunette in a Corolla asks me to roll down my passenger side window. She was on my right eyeing the car up and down, left and right. As I roll it down she says "What is that?" I reply a Nissan Z. I didn't bother with the 350 becauseI figured numbers wouldn't have mattered much to her. She then replied with a "That is soooooooo cute." "And I love the color". Sigh.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:10 AM
03ZUC

The Best: Sept 11th 2002 the dealer calls me at work and says my Z is hear. I rush home to pick up my wife and we head to the dealership. My dealer tells me it's in the service bay. All three of us walk around for that first look. To our surprise....There were 3 women who were there with a friend waiting for her Maxima taking turns with a Camera...bending, posing....My wife looks at me and says. "This is a problem already". I thought she was about to start pulling hair but them she says..."Girls night out is going to be really fun".

The Best 2: Guy and his girlfriend pull up to me at a light in a Dodge Viper. His wife say's how much, I say a little over 30k (Enthusiast). She looks over to her husband and say...."We could've gotten 2 of those, They look better....The guy rolls his eyes and pulls off.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:56 AM
zpeed350

The Best #1 - Cruising down the highway and get stuck behind a regular old lancer. The driver immediately looks in his rear view mirror and checks out the car. Obviously realizing what it was he turns his head to the passenger....and suddenly the passenger (girl) and the girl in the back seat snap their heads around to take a look. Now...I am already smiling...hehe. So, I was like...lets have some fun. Downshift to third and pull up next to the. The girl in the passenger seat is smiling and waving, then I look to the back window and there's is a nice looking blonde....and too my SUPRISE she inserts here middle finger into her mouth and starts bobbing up and down.....hehehehe. F'n fantastic!!

The Best #2 - This was back in March, I was driving and got the feeling someone was watching me. I looked over and there was a guy "video taping" the Z. It was hilarious....gave them a thumbs up and sped off.

And there are soooo many more. Great stories!!! But those are few that come to mind.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:14 AM
MASTERPLAU

Cool

the car gets so many compliments i had to tint the windows...
Old 07-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Zulu

Originally posted by 35oZephyR
On Aesthetics...

I think the best comments will come from the little kids because they don't front. They're unbiased and they'll tell you if they think the car looks nice as hell.

Older people will be too reserved or try to be like
"oh an m3 will smoke it and you can only fit two in that"

or

"that's only a 30 thousand dollar car it's not an exotic but it looks pretty good"

Unless they're really enthusiastic about the car they'll let you know.

But kids....they're the best...and when I was a kid.. NOTHING got me more excited than seeing a beautiful car. They represent the grown-up self-conscience.
Amen to that. I get more kicks when I see kids pointing at the car.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 AM
stonesfan

Cool

Not my best compliment but I thought it was cute as hell. I live around the corner from a Baptist church. So on Sunday night I have my Z in the driveway, pampering her and seven little old ladies (68 - 75) come around the corner because their cars were parked on my block. They see the car and stop and start saying things like "what a BEAUTIFUL car!" and "oh my, what kind of car is that?" and "may we look at it?". They come up my driveway and next thing a couple of them ask if they can sit inside. Well....I said okay because it seemed mean to say no to someone who could be your grandmother. :-) They stuck around for at least 20 minutes admiring my car.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:08 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

I came out of the bank yesterday and there was a guy taking pics of my car. He was driving a tricked out accord or something. He said " sorry dude, I couldn't resist, I was driving bye and saw your car and was like, WTF is that!"
Old 07-29-2003, 01:41 PM
the bluez33

Pulled up to a red light here in Bakersfield one day. Had a guy in one of these, grinning and giving me the thumbs up when I pulled up:

Also I've come to my car on campus to small crowds (6 people or so) surrounding my car. Needless to say, there were a lot of noseprints to clean.

Oh and not long after I got it, somebody asking me about the car said "So how much did it cost, about 90 grand?" in total seriousness

Quick Reply: Got the best compliment while driving today...