Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calling out JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 PM
JSDZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johzp
What ive noticed personally and to other victims, is that Jim is a very delightful person to deal with before purchasing. He answers questions almost instantly when hes online, and would love to give members of this forum a good price. RIight after the deal is done (money is sent) it becomes a nightmare for those with defective products. It seems that neither Jim nor Chuck have any communication with each other as I personally have called 10x and talked with chuck and left him a message that he apparently will forward to Jim, but never happens. It wasnt until another thread was made like this that i posted also...and it was only then a month or two later that he pms me to explain my situation. Overall, the price was good, cust service ftl. THe real problem as it was mentioned before is that he is the middleman with no control over rmas and returns that go through the company he purchases from...anywho...he should have the dignity to man up and respond back to emails or pms of complaints instead of straight up ignoring it like he did to me and countless others.

ps. let the kittens live....
word. i have had several awesome conversations with jim on this forum. that doesn't negate the fact that business is business; you can have all the e-friends in the world backing you up in a "call out" thread, but situations like this don't just go unnoticed.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Bigchef66

Default Showstoppers issues

I don't like to complain but I feel i should add my experience thus far.
Back in february I recieved my order of Mastergrade hood, Roof skin, Hatch and A-Pillars. However whilst everything else was fabulous I had been shipped 2 left hand side A-pillars!! I spoke to Jim immediately (sunday 10th Feb, cell phone) He said he would send out replacements... After numerous PM's and attempted phone calls, 7 months later, I am still without my a-pillar replacements. To add insult to injury my PM's are ignored, calls are not answered and voicemails not acknowledged. The last pm I got stated he was looking in to shipping problems they were having.As a last resort to appeal to his better nature I attempted to make a comment on one of his vendor threads but he removed the entire thread within 5 minutes of my posting. I really have no issue with the man other than I don't like to be treated like a mushroom, kept in the dark and occassionally fed sh*t. All I ask is that I get my parts as promised, if that's not do-able then a refund. Is this too much to ask??

Jim,
What have you got to say in your defence, there are people out here that pay upfront for your stuff the least you could do is honour there trust with communication and timely delivery.

Thanks and regards to all
Old 08-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to my shipping department your replacement A-pillars and free set of B-pillars were sent out over a month ago and accepted by someone at the address you gave me. If this is not the case, give me a call. I believe you have my cell number Nigel.

Jim
Old 08-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Bigchef66

Default Showstoppers issues

Well that was quick!! the power of the forum post...
Just spoke to Jim, he said the replacements were sent out and signed for, however I didn't get them. He said he will send re-replacements and tracking info by friday

WATCH THIS SPACE........

I hope others get the same response.

regards
Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
According to my shipping department your replacement A-pillars and free set of B-pillars were sent out over a month ago and accepted by someone at the address you gave me. If this is not the case, give me a call. I believe you have my cell number Nigel.

Jim
Jim,

I'd like to place an order to you but I'll only do it if you deliver it yourself... in the RSX to make sure it's really you. I don't feel safe ordering from you and I just want to make sure that when I open the box that you can confirm the quality of the piece. Don't worry about the gas and cost of your time... you can pay for that.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by blasian
Jim,

I'd like to place an order to you but I'll only do it if you deliver it yourself... in the RSX to make sure it's really you. I don't feel safe ordering from you and I just want to make sure that when I open the box that you can confirm the quality of the piece. Don't worry about the gas and cost of your time... you can pay for that.

Thanks.

I'll take my personal f16 fighter jet and parchute out, makes it much more dramatic and exciting for my customers.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
blasian

I'll take my personal f16 fighter jet and parchute out, makes it much more dramatic and exciting for my customers.
I am definitely LOLing right now
Old 08-07-2008, 03:23 AM
minispider

So I guess i'm not the only one!, and as soon as I get this cap ( hopefully this year) I'm done with your company and I will advise people to stir away from you. If this cap is not as you describe it, I will send it back, I will take pics and post them here and I will demand a full refund...no more chasing this thing anymore!

Last edited by minispider; 08-07-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:21 AM
CyberZeke

Interesting item on Showstoppers web site

Under Ordering and Payment Information:

"CONDITIONS OF SALE: All sales are final and all products sold by Showstoppers USA are sold “as is” to buyer. No cancellation allowed."

Under Terms and Conditions:

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Along with purchase made from Show Stoppers USA, Buyer agrees to the following:

Condition of Sale: All sales are final and all products sold by Show Stoppers USA (The Seller) are sold "as is" to the Buyer."

Last edited by CyberZeke; 08-07-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by CyberZeke
Interesting item on Showstoppers web site

Under Ordering and Payment Information:

"CONDITIONS OF SALE: All sales are final and all products sold by Showstoppers USA are sold “as is” to buyer. No cancellation allowed."

Under Terms and Conditions:

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Along with purchase made from Show Stoppers USA, Buyer agrees to the following:

Condition of Sale: All sales are final and all products sold by Show Stoppers USA (The Seller) are sold "as is" to the Buyer."
Yep, all sales are final. We certainly aren't here to screw anyone, as you can see. I have personally paid thousands of dollars to cover members broken or defective parts out of my own pocket. I personally paid the $100+ to pick up the MiniSpiders defective roof cap and will also have to pay for the return shipping. Although the problem with the first roof cap was in no way our fault, we aren't going to leave that burden on our customers. These are the things members don't read about. All you read is how it's taking so long for his replacement to arrive. Well I can tell you from being in the industry 10+ years that most shops will make the customers pay for the return shipping, no matter what the problem is. I don't find this acceptable. I've also gone as far as to offer members free parts for their troubles. Nigel or "BigChef" was given a free set of $120 B-pillars for the troubles, on top of that I will be paying for return shipping from Antigua on the set of right side A-pillars, once again out of my own pocket.

I understand you guys get frustrated when you can't reach me at all times on my cell phone or by PM, but there's a reason I list our shop number in my signature.I travel ALOT from Minnesota where I go to school and take care of my Father, to SoCal where my job is. I try to make myself as readily available as possible, but sometimes that is not the case. I think sometimes members forget that us vedors have a life and a family outside of this forums, just like themselves.

I'm not sure how much more I can do about your Asuka roof besides going to Asuka and trying to make the roof cap and ship it myself. Like I mentioned before, Mini is not the only person waiting on these roof caps. It's not like I'm sitting on a hidden stash of Asuka roof caps and not willing to ship it to him.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 08-07-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:43 AM
blasian

It's not like I'm sitting on a hidden stash of Asuka roof caps and not willing to ship it to him.
I got the mental image of you sitting on a bunch of roof caps and dead parents with this look on your face ---><---
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by blasian
I got the mental image of you sitting on a bunch of roof caps and dead parents with this look on your face ---><---

Tb needs make a paint drawing of that...lol
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 AM
blasian

Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 AM
minispider

so if you sell crap then is ok to accept it? according to your pics on the DELETED thread what i got is not even close to that, so if you think you're getting crap from Asuka I think is time for you to part ways from them, because you are the one getting burned....I bought it from you; not them so I should only come to you for questions. and shipping was only $40 not $100....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
blasian

You're the one that wanted him to open it up and look at it
Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

There was a bad batch from Asuka on numerous parts. It was actually the bags they were using to wrap and ship the parts in that were causing the problem. It was a manfacturing error, it happens. Atleast they man'd up and are offering a free replacement, that's more then alot of manufactures will do. If you plan to modify your car and plan to order parts online, mishaps are bound to happen. I've been modifying my own car for years, and have also received defective products. This isn't a perfect world.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:13 AM
blasian

I've been modifying my own car for years, and have also received defective products. This isn't a perfect world.
Reminds me of my previous job... we were IT for a smaller branch of the entire Department of Health and Hospitals. The main DHH IT was over the Internet and email servers but when either of those had issues... guess who got the blame...

When you tell them there is nothing you can do they expect you to chit fiber optic cables and run them across the state.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
PikesPeakZ

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minispider
so if you sell crap then is ok to accept it? according to your pics on the DELETED thread what i got is not even close to that, so if you think you're getting crap from Asuka I think is time for you to part ways from them, because you are the one getting burned....I bought it from you; not them so I should only come to you for questions. and shipping was only $40 not $100....
If I were any vendor I would want to stay clear away from you. Buyers like yourself get this sense of entitlement and Jim is doing what he can. It's a custom made part be patient. Might as well just part ways with Asuka and not support a company who is trying to bring quality parts to the Z community. Good idea. I have an idea, go away and sell your Z then by a Civic and you'll never need to wait for parts again.

Myself I will purchasing a carbon kit and hood from Jim in the near future because even though all the cry babies like yourself try and take him down for BS reasons he still makes sure that it is reasonably worked out. Can't wait for you to kill my parents Jim

Oh yeah P.S. screw you for having a life and not waiting on the refresh button 24/7 to see if you go a new PM
Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by PikesPeakZ
If I were any vendor I would want to stay clear away from you. Buyers like yourself get this sense of entitlement and Jim is doing what he can. It's a custom made part be patient. Might as well just part ways with Asuka and not support a company who is trying to bring quality parts to the Z community. Good idea. I have an idea, go away and sell your Z then by a Civic and you'll never need to wait for parts again.

Myself I will purchasing a carbon kit and hood from Jim in the near future because even though all the cry babies like yourself try and take him down for BS reasons he still makes sure that it is reasonably worked out. Can't wait for you to kill my parents Jim

Oh yeah P.S. screw you for having a life and not waiting on the refresh button 24/7 to see if you go a new PM
+1,000,000,000
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
chadalac350z

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
Not from my side. I know people that have bought thousands in parts from him and I have bought more then a few things myself with him and never had a problem.

my exp with jim... called talked about hood ordered it and it was here the next week A+

Quick Reply: Calling out JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS