Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calling out JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
joe645733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
And some people are impatient and unreasonable... what's your point?
i like how people immediatley take the vendor's side when he speaks.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:28 AM
SupaDoopa

Why would someone sell something they don't own in their possession? That would usually avoid an issue like this... Was there any mention that there would be a 10 year wait on your product or did he "ship" right away.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the main problem is that people order things that the vendor/retailer aka "middle man" does not have at the time of the order placement. On occasions if the vendor is knowledgeable they know if the part is available or on backorder. When they don't is why most people get impatient from the lack of knowledge provided from the get go. I had ordered the GT SPEC body braces from MRC , and Julian had told me from the get go that it would take maybe 2 months for me to get. I was patient and when they came he hand delivered them to me as well. B4 hand he kept me up to par on the status which was the best part. Regardless, i wouldn't buy a brand new part till it's been customer tested by the 1st buyer's anyway. The i'd know if it is worth buying.

As a repair shop, i know when i can or can't get parts for peoples cars, and i let them know ahead of time an estimated ready time. On occasions plans don't always go as i want, but i always keep customer's posted with w/e happens, so no one gets bent. Most of the time it's the PARTS GUYS mistakes!!!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 08-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SupaDoopa
Why would someone sell something they don't own in their possession? That would usually avoid an issue like this... Was there any mention that there would be a 10 year wait on your product or did he "ship" right away.

The oringial order was a "special order" and OP was told it would take a few weeks to make. The problem is the exchange of the bad original roof cap. He had to wait 3 more weeks for another one to get made and sent out.

Like I mentioned, these are new parts and it takes numerous tries to get them perfect. We now have 5 defective Asuka roofs we are going to sell because they are from making the OP's replacement.

In a perfect world I would have 5 roof caps sitting here waiting, but in reality they are new and in high demand. Asuka did what they could within those few weeks, I know for a fact they bumped him ahead of two other customers of mine who are also waiting on one of these roof caps.

I'm an enthusiast at heart, and know how it feels to wait for parts (I waited nearly 8 months for my wheels and many parts like that). I do what I can to speed up the process, but there is only so much a distributor can do.

In the end the OP will get a new roof cap and I will continue to serve my350z with some of the highest grade carbon and other parts. Although I may lose a few customers due to this thread, I may also gain a few because we are one of the few shops who DO exchange out bad parts at NO cost to the customers.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
SS728

Jim, why have you not responded to any of my p/m's concerning a Seibon front lip? I sent two p/m's and an email...
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SS728
Jim, why have you not responded to any of my p/m's concerning a Seibon front lip? I sent two p/m's and an email...
Not sure if your joking or not, but I don't have any PM's or e-mails from you. Try my other e-mail address Showstoppers350z@yahoo.com or PMing me again.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
minispider

well, is gonna be 3 months in about 10 days...the order was placed on May 15th
Old 08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
SS728

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Not sure if your joking or not, but I don't have any PM's or e-mails from you. Try my other e-mail address Showstoppers350z@yahoo.com or PMing me again.
Not joking, I p/med you, again though.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 PM
minispider

No news yet or answers to my email from that guy Boomer, and why do I have to deal with him if I bought the product from you?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by minispider
No news yet or answers to my email from that guy Boomer, and why do I have to deal with him if I bought the product from you?
well, from what I have read it would seem Jim is trying to help you out, but since you will not accept his answers, he is referring you the source. Honestly, why not just give it back to Jim and get a refund and buy it from someone else?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by minispider

He works for Asuka and is handling your claim. I'll PM you his cell number.

Jim
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
well, from what I have read it would seem Jim is trying to help you out, but since you will not accept his answers, he is referring you the source. Honestly, why not just give it back to Jim and get a refund and buy it from someone else?
We did get the roof cap picked up (free of charge), we are just waiting on Asuka to send the OP his new roof tracking.

Jim
Old 08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
JSDZ33

wow seems to be a bit of a mess for the OP here. I would have gotten my money back as soon as the pos original was sent to me. if Jim honestly stocked that product with it looking like that, and shipped it to a customer; then that is his fail. (not sure if the original was drop shipped from asuka like the replacement is going to) a "manufacturing error" should have been caught by the manufacturer before they sent it to the products distributor, and if not, it should have at least been caught by the products distributor before selling to a customer!!! i do not see how a product looking that shitty could make it into the hands of the end user. blaming other people ftl, man up to your mistakes and quit giving quality customers the run around.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by JSDZ33
wow seems to be a bit of a mess for the OP here. I would have gotten my money back as soon as the pos original was sent to me. if Jim honestly stocked that product with it looking like that, and shipped it to a customer; then that is his fail. (not sure if the original was drop shipped from asuka like the replacement is going to) a "manufacturing error" should have been caught by the manufacturer before they sent it to the products distributor, and if not, it should have at least been caught by the products distributor before selling to a customer!!! i do not see how a product looking that shitty could make it into the hands of the end user. blaming other people ftl, man up to your mistakes and quit giving quality customers the run around.
how many distributors of anything do you see opening packages before they send them out? If they did, then every customer would be asking for open package pricing.

Asuka, should be the ones doing their own quality control. Which clearly hasn't been the case.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
minispider

give what back? I have nothing!!!! the cap was returned a month ago and he does not want to refund my money, like I have asked!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
He works for Asuka and is handling your claim. I'll PM you his cell number.

Jim
but I guess he only answers to emergencies and the IRS! because he has not returned any of my EMAILS, AND i DO NOT HAVE HIS PHONE # you never gave it to me, just his email....so what's a guy to do?

Last edited by minispider; 08-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by JSDZ33

....AMEN!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
blasian

how many distributors of anything do you see opening packages before they send them out? If they did, then every customer would be asking for open package pricing.

Asuka, should be the ones doing their own quality control. Which clearly hasn't been the case.
X-Ray vision and the problem is solved.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
johzp

What ive noticed personally and to other victims, is that Jim is a very delightful person to deal with before purchasing. He answers questions almost instantly when hes online, and would love to give members of this forum a good price. RIight after the deal is done (money is sent) it becomes a nightmare for those with defective products. It seems that neither Jim nor Chuck have any communication with each other as I personally have called 10x and talked with chuck and left him a message that he apparently will forward to Jim, but never happens. It wasnt until another thread was made like this that i posted also...and it was only then a month or two later that he pms me to explain my situation. Overall, the price was good, cust service ftl. THe real problem as it was mentioned before is that he is the middleman with no control over rmas and returns that go through the company he purchases from...anywho...he should have the dignity to man up and respond back to emails or pms of complaints instead of straight up ignoring it like he did to me and countless others.

ps. let the kittens live....
Old 08-06-2008, 02:54 PM
JSDZ33

i agree on the asuka comment. the first comment is a facepalm.

Quick Reply: Calling out JIM@SHOWSTOPPERS