Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone else order Liquid Aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003 | 08:55 PM
___DJK___

Default Anyone else order Liquid Aluminum?

Am I the first sucker to take a chance on the Liquid Aluminum paint job? Maybe one of these days Nissan will show us what the production version of this color looks like.
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:10 PM
bshockley

Well, at least you'll eventually get to konw what it looks like.

I am mostly posting to compliment you on your profile picture:

"Die Mother ____er, die mother ____er, die mother ____er, die."
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:22 PM
eskimo

Best... movie... ever!
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:01 PM
NissanJunkie

Why does is say paper jam when there is no paper jam? "Piece of Sh*t F*ck ***..." wow i love the middle eastern culture...
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:12 PM
350zroadster

back to topic, is the Liquid silver even available at this point? I don't see it on the roadster. And the 04 coupe info hasn't been released yet.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:43 AM
___DJK___

Originally posted by 350zroadster
back to topic, is the Liquid silver even available at this point? I don't see it on the roadster. And the 04 coupe info hasn't been released yet.
The info isnt on the nissan site yet but the dealers have the 04 info.
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:06 AM
bshockley

Yeah, I thought I heard a "late availability" of it of 7/03. That doesn't really seem late to me, considering you still can't get an 04 and it's almost 8/03. So I guess maybe the first month of 04 models won't have Liquid Al.

I am really curious to see it.
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:06 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by eskimo
Best... movie... ever!
Second that! Check this:

Lumbergh Sound Board

I can't wait to see it. I just hope it's not as cool as Silverstone Either way, you can't really go wrong with any Silver color.
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:03 AM
neohalo1

I have not seen one color on the Z that did not look good. Can't wait to see it.

You also might want to check out some of the different silvers offered on the 04 Acura TSX--maybe that can give you a hint? Who knows?!
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:38 AM
toykilla

its ironic that brickyard didnt do well because of the poor representation on preorder materials, yet people are jumping all over a color they have not even seen pictures of (even in represented form)
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:00 PM
___DJK___

I think it would be a lot harder to F**K up a silver color vs something like brickyard if u are talking about making your decision sight unseen. The gamble paid off for brick owners, luckily, as it is beautiful. Hopefully the LA will turn out nice. It better for the $1,100 premium!
Old 07-29-2003 | 03:01 PM
Dissident

I'd love to get it, but since I want an enthusiast, I don't want ot pay $1100 for the paint IN ADDITION to all the other options I'll have to buy with it....

Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. I'm gonan need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, ummmmk?
Old 07-29-2003 | 03:40 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by Dissident
I'd love to get it, but since I want an enthusiast, I don't want ot pay $1100 for the paint IN ADDITION to all the other options I'll have to buy with it....

Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. I'm gonan need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, ummmmk?
I believe LA is only offered on the Touring model, that was a bummer for me as I originally wanted a performance. Dunno, I may end up changing my order to a super black performance....the dealer sends orders to Nissan on 8/1!
Old 07-29-2003 | 06:34 PM
Z ULAYDA

It's a shame they want to discontinue the Brickyard. I finally got to see it at the Ct meet and thought it was really beautiful. Like a great glass of Merlot. That said it even goes on to change in different light!.

I don't understand the thought process to add yet another silver color and have the B***s to charge extra for it! I can see this color, LA, being a nightmare to match. "you'll just have to repaint the entire car"! Oh please! It has to be worse than pearl paint!

I love our Silverstone w/ burnt orange leather, Touring. I can't tell you how many people have commented on the car and the choice of the color!

Lady Z
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:07 PM
03 Z for ME

With ALL the problems on the 03's with paint chipping and orange peel.... WHY would you want to pay EXTRA for any kind of Nissan paint?
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:31 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by 03 Z for ME
With ALL the problems on the 03's with paint chipping and orange peel.... WHY would you want to pay EXTRA for any kind of Nissan paint?
I was halfway hoping it might be more durable than the paint used on the 03s. Call it wishful thinking.
Old 07-30-2003 | 06:51 AM
eachtau

Question

Does anyone have any clue as to what this new color actually looks like???
Old 08-04-2003 | 03:39 PM
AustinTX_350Z

Default Liquid Aluminum

I was told (by sources that I won't name) that Liquid Aluminum was going to fall in between Silverstone and Chrome Silver.

It's supposed to be higly reflective and almost chrome-like because of the petroleum resins and polymerized oils in the paint.

It's supposed to be highly resistant against ultra violet, weathering, moisture, and heat of up to 300F - hence the $1100 price tag.

This is not the cheap stuff they put on our cars ... Damn Nissan for cheap paint!

I don't know - all this could be B.S. - but, we'll see ...
Old 08-04-2003 | 04:04 PM
___DJK___

Default Re: Liquid Aluminum

Originally posted by AustinTX_350Z
I was told (by sources that I won't name) that Liquid Aluminum was going to fall in between Silverstone and Chrome Silver.

It's supposed to be higly reflective and almost chrome-like because of the petroleum resins and polymerized oils in the paint.

It's supposed to be highly resistant against ultra violet, weathering, moisture, and heat of up to 300F - hence the $1100 price tag.

This is not the cheap stuff they put on our cars ... Damn Nissan for cheap paint!

I don't know - all this could be B.S. - but, we'll see ...
I placed my order hoping that would be the case. We'll see. Like i said before, its pretty hard to f*ck up silver.

My dealer sent the order to Nissan on Friday. My sales rep told me to expect delivery in early Nov. but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

Liq Aluminum/Charcoal Touring 6MT, all options but Nav! And now, the wait.......
Old 08-05-2003 | 07:10 AM
mickey

Default Interior leather color with LA

Originally posted by ___DJK___
I placed my order hoping that would be the case. We'll see. Like i said before, its pretty hard to f*ck up silver.

My dealer sent the order to Nissan on Friday. My sales rep told me to expect delivery in early Nov. but will have a better idea in a couple of weeks.

Liq Aluminum/Charcoal Touring 6MT, all options but Nav! And now, the wait.......
DJK,
Hope LA turns out great.
Can you recall the leather color available with LA? Is Brunt Orange leather included?

Rgd,
Mickey

Quick Reply: Anyone else order Liquid Aluminum?