2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

'Project........TXSTYLE!!!'

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:20 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 'Project........TXSTYLE!!!'

Okay my 350Z peeps! After countless hours searching online and piecing together what my Z should look like....Here is your Boy TXSTYLE'S "Finalized 350Z" to be forthcoming......SOON!!! (now remember who posted this combo first!)

1. Bodykit (INGS+1-Type2)
2. DVD/Stereo/System (ALPINE IVA-D900, JL, MB Quart, AVIONIXX)
3. Supercharger (ATI)
4. Wheels (VOLK GT-7[IMercury Silver[/I])

Alpine's IVA-D900 Mobile Multimedia Station is The Godfather of mobile video receivers: an absolute masterpiece! Its 7" low-temperature poly-silicone LCD video monitor provides 400% more pixels than conventional LCD screens. The picture is brighter and more detailed, with higher contrast, more dramatic colors, and a wider viewing angle.

And then there's expandability. Not only does this receiver have a host of inputs for Alpine components (such as a DVD changer, navigation system, or XM Radio tuner), it also has three A/V inputs and two A/V outputs. Just add a couple of rear-seat monitors to open up the entertainment possibilities. Multi-zone audio-video control allows independent source selection for each monitor. Imagine it — one child watching a DVD, another playing a video game, while you listen to XM Radio up front!

The IVA-D900 plays your CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (even discs loaded with MP3 files), and its MaxTune SQ tuner delivers first-rate AM/FM reception. Whatever your listening preferences, the powerful built-in amplifier reproduces your music with precision and authority. If you're into serious fine-tuning, Bass Engine® Plus offers equalization, time correction, and crossover capabilities, while MediaXpander brings out all the dynamics of your music and movie soundtracks.

Once the unit has been installed, easy-to-follow on-screen menus provide instructions for system setup and control. Quick Search allows you to select a menu, then use the rotary **** to scroll through its list of options — a real bonus if you're looking for a particular MP3 song or XM Radio channel. A full-function wireless remote is included for your convenience.

ATI Procharger
With ProCharger technology, reliably adding big horsepower to your engine is a lot easier than you may think. Intercooled ProCharger systems utilize exclusive features and proven technology to deliver reliable 50-100% gains in horsepower and torque while running pump gas! For sport compact applications, these systems feature the revolutionary new C-1 ProCharger. The C-1 ProCharger is the first and only gear-driven centrifugal sport compact supercharger to feature self-lubrication, and contains the industry’s most advanced technology. The C-1 shares many of the design elements which deliver the record-setting durability and performance of ProCharger competition superchargers, and is also street legal.

Advanced Design
The patented SC design eliminates the need for oil lines and punching a hole in the oil pan. Additionally, instead of being forced to utilize heated engine oil or the grease in sealed bearings, SC ProChargers are lubricated with an extremely high quality synthetic oil which is specifically engineered for high speed use, and produces the least frictional heat and parasitic load. The self-contained design not only eliminates the heat that is transferred to a supercharger by engine oil in oil-fed applications, it also avoids the risk of clogged supercharger oil lines, oil drainage problems, or engine oil leakage. By combining an advanced multi-patented supercharger transmission design with the highest quality oil, SC ProChargers produce a larger net power gain because they run cooler and consume less power than comparable oil-fed designs. This is also the only supercharger technology proven to repeatedly produce full-out race turbo levels of power.

VOLK GT-7 19' Mercury Silver 2-piece Wheels

As a matter of fact...My Car should look VERY similar to this Show Car!

That should just about do it. Did I miss anything...?

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 07-30-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:48 AM
havabooz

i say you reconsider on the body kit....its very clean...almost too clean...looks like it hasnt been changed much..i like the greddy kit alot...or perhaps the fabulous kit

cmon...be a little more risky...otherwise nice choices
Old 07-30-2003, 08:53 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by havabooz
i say you reconsider on the body kit....its very clean...almost too clean...looks like it hasnt been changed much..i like the greddy kit alot...or perhaps the fabulous kit

Ahhhhhhhhhh, my young Padawan (Jedi apprentice)!
That is the WHOLE point!
"Subtle yet Awesome"!!!

Old 07-30-2003, 08:57 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Originally posted by havabooz

I disagree...

That, and the Nismo kit, are the only kits I've seen that don't look straight out of the Fast n' the Riciest.

Excellent component choices... can't wait to see the final results!

PS -

I like the part in the Alpine product description that states "Imagine it — one child watching a DVD, another playing a video game, while you listen to XM Radio up front!

Where do your kids sit...... in the trunk?
Do kids fit under the rear strut tower brace, or do you have to take out their woods first?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:02 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by RoadRagerInTherapy
I disagree...

That, and the Nismo kit, are the only kits I've seen that don't look straight out of the Fast n' the Riciest.

Excellent component choices... can't wait to see the final results!

PS -

I like the part in the Alpine product description that states "Imagine it — one child watching a DVD, another playing a video game, while you listen to XM Radio up front!

Where do your kids sit...... in the trunk?
Do kids fit under the rear strut tower brace, or do you have to take out their woods first?
LMAO!!! That's pretty good RRiT. I guess they are speaking to the hefty SUV market out there.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:37 AM
zeroday

LOL you go through wheels more often than I get oil changes...The INGS kit is a great choice...better than Nismo IMO. I cancelled my INGS 1/2 kit hybrid order from vividracing recently due to delays in Japan, but I kinda wish I didn't. Where'd you get your kit and how long did it take to show up?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:38 AM
buzzdsm

If you don't mind me asking how much for the head unit?
Old 07-30-2003, 09:43 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by zeroday
LOL you go through wheels more often than I get oil changes...The INGS kit is a great choice...better than Nismo IMO. I cancelled my INGS 1/2 kit hybrid order from vividracing recently due to delays in Japan, but I kinda wish I didn't. Where'd you get your kit and how long did it take to show up?
Haven't received (deposit) it yet.........BUT! the place where I am getting it has one with my name on it. Should be here next month.
Shhhhh. Gotta keep my contacts on the down low until after my install.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:50 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by buzzdsm
If you don't mind me asking how much for the head unit?
I'm still hunting for the BEST price. Thus far: $1650

Key Features
• 7" Fully Motorized Wide Screen Monitor
• 50W x 4 MOSFET Amplifier
• Built-in Dolby Digital/DTS Decoder
• Bass Engine® Plus
- Subwoofer Level Control
- Bass Center Frequency Control
- Bass Band Width Adjustment
- Treble Center Frequency Control
- Subwoofer Phase Selector
- Bass Type Control
- 4-Ch Digital Time Correction
- 3 Position 12 dB/Oct Crossover
• MediaXpander™
• XM Satellite Radio Ready
• MP3 Text Information Display
• Quick Search Function
• CD/CD-R Playback
• CD Text, Text Display, Text Scroll
• M DAC
• MaxTune SQ Tuner
• 3 Auxilliary A/V Inputs with Remote Control Input
• Dedicated Navigation Input
• Dedicated Camera Input
• 2 Auxilliary Monitor A/V Outputs
• Navigation Audio Mix
• 3 PreOuts (4 volt)
• MM Driver (Hard Disc Drive) Ready
• MobileHub Ready
• Ai-NET Control Center DVD/CD/MP3 Changer Controller
• "Digital Art" Spectrum Analyzer Display
• RUE-4190 Universal Wireless Remote Control Included

A picture is worth a thousand words and one look immediately tells you "all pictures are not created equal." The IVA-D900 has 400% more pixels, that is 1.15 million pixel elements, the picture is proof enough. Along with 50W x 4 built-in power and 3 PreOuts (4 volt), it's ready to control XM Satellite Radio, a Hard Disc Drive (HDD), video games, navigation and more. The ultimate mobile theater system is now a reality and this DVD player with a motorized screen performs flawlessly.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 AM
toykilla

you might want to reconsider the flip out screen.. better off doing a screen in the nav pocket.

the flip out just wont blend with the interior well....just my opinion
Old 07-30-2003, 10:00 AM
srobert910

Just make sure that you know 2 things about the IVA-D900 before you buy it.

First of all, it will not play burned DVD's.. It says so in the manual. I've never actually tried a burned DVD in one, I'm just going by what the manual says.

Second, the graphics are very slow and the menu system feels like it's in slow motion. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying.

I've installed a couple of these units, and they do have quite a few nice features. I just could never understand why someone would want a flip out monitor in a Z... why waste a perfectly good
nav opening. Oh one last thing about the Alpine equipment, if you plan on going with the Alpine Power Nav system, i'd expect to be disapointed in more rural areas. It doesn't have much detail at all. Also if you've found one for $1650 I think you should jump on it. Thats way below the m.a.p. price of $2299. If you sell too far below retail you can get into trouble with Alpine.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:06 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by srobert910
Just make sure that you know 2 things about the IVA-D900 before you buy it.

First of all, it will not play burned DVD's.. It says so in the manual. I've never actually tried a burned DVD in one, I'm just going by what the manual says.

Second, the graphics are very slow and the menu system feels like it's in slow motion. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying.

I've installed a couple of these units, and they do have quite a few nice features. I just could never understand why someone would want a flip out monitor in a Z... why waste a perfectly good
nav opening. Oh one last thing about the Alpine equipment, if you plan on going with the Alpine Power Nav system, i'd expect to be disapointed in more rural areas. It doesn't have much detail at all. Also if you've found one for $1650 I think you should jump on it. Thats way below the m.a.p. price of $2299. If you sell too far below retail you can get into trouble with Alpine.
As far as the navi compartment goes...I use that for my keyes, tolltag, and miscell. items so I don't have to always reac behind the pass. seat , so that's not really an issue.
I have 2 other head-units as backups should the Alpine not pan out. Although it meets every need/input I want! I don't burn DVD's so that's not even an issue. Besides...If I can't watch a DVD and experiece the whole DTS experience (I don't believe the burners will transfer ALL the audio encoding not positive?) I don't want it. I currently have a 300+ DVD Library and still growing...
Old 07-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Btooth

looks like a great setup. As far as the alpine goes im just curious if you had looked into going the "pc" route. I have a feeling thats the way im gonna go when the my wonderful Z-day arrives. I really like the work chazzg has done and im just curious as to what made u go the alpine route instead.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:16 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Btooth
looks like a great setup. As far as the alpine goes im just curious if you had looked into going the "pc" route. I have a feeling thats the way im gonna go when the my wonderful Z-day arrives. I really like the work chazzg has done and im just curious as to what made u go the alpine route instead.
You know..honestly, the setup that Chazz did is AWESOME! I saw it and everything! And for the $$$ it is a GREAT buy!
Now for me the problem is that I have HUGE plans for my AUDIO install! I'm talkin' at least 2,000 watts of power! So that's AMPS, XM Unit, DVD/CD Changer, and possible NAV unit as well! I need places to put all that shiz. And most of it needs to go where that PC would go. For the most part I am much more concerned with "Thundering/Quality Sound" than the "Cool Features" of the PC.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 AM
Btooth

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
You know..honestly, the setup that Chazz did is AWESOME! I saw it and everything! And for the $$$ it is a GREAT buy!
Now for me the problem is that I have HUGE plans for my AUDIO install! I'm talkin' at least 2,000 watts of power! So that's AMPS, XM Unit, DVD/CD Changer, and possible NAV unit as well! I need places to put all that shiz. And most of it needs to go where that PC would go. For the most part I am much more concerned with "Thundering/Quality Sound" than the "Cool Features" of the PC.
welp that makes perfect sense to me. There's so much to consider with this car. Maybe its a good thing ive got a year to get everything planned out ... wait... no its not. But i hear what ur sayin i was thinkin about that space issue, i think when the time comes im gonna work somethin out w/ puttin the subs/amp in the trunk and have the glove box for the pc.

are you doin subs in the stock position/glove box area?

btw not tryin to thread-jack u here, its just cool to get extra opinons
Old 07-30-2003, 10:43 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Btooth
welp that makes perfect sense to me. There's so much to consider with this car. Maybe its a good thing ive got a year to get everything planned out ... wait... no its not. But i hear what ur sayin i was thinkin about that space issue, i think when the time comes im gonna work somethin out w/ puttin the subs/amp in the trunk and have the glove box for the pc.

are you doin subs in the stock position/glove box area?

btw not tryin to thread-jack u here, its just cool to get extra opinons
It's all good!"

Actually I am gonna do two 10's in the rear hatch area just behind the seats. The compartments will be reserved for the above mentioned items...
Old 07-30-2003, 12:22 PM
joust75

The kit is awesome but I have always thought the wheels to look a little too busy. For a clean kit I would rather see some clean wheels. IMO It will look good either way I am sure but I just had to be negative!

....Jealous ,y'see?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Stone Z

Arrow

I'm not feeling the wheels. I guess you and I have totally different tastes when it comes to wheels. While I appreciate your knowledge about wheels, I seem to find myself second guessing your choices. I didn't like the Antera's at all, and I think you should get something else that will go better with that kit. HRE, IForged, and BC Forged is where I'd look to compliment that kit.

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:25 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TX- Love those wheels and the Ings+1 half kit is the best one out IMO. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Someone should 'chop the GT-7's onto the Ings kit.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:41 PM
DruDragzOn

I have those same wheels ordered in gunmetal for a silverstone.