Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

People getting compliments - What color Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love Super Black:

WE FEAR NO RAIN OR DUST!
Old 10-18-2003, 05:24 PM
archman350z

Well, I've always wanted a blue car and now I finally have one!

I've gotten tons of compliments on the DB. I've even had people say they are normally partial to silver, but they would buy a DB Z.

I like the color because it is just that...color. I see too many silver Accords and Camrys, and I think the Z should stand out just a little. The Sunset is an awesome color, but just a little too loud for daily use. I like DB because it's not commonly seen on the street, yet it's subdued enough that it doesn't catch the eye of highway patrolmen. This color (along with the sunset, brickyard and silverstone) really comes alive in the sunlight! Kinda eerie cause at night it looks Navy Blue, but in sunlight it's more of a sapphire blue.

Pick whichever color you desire. I agree with the others, you can't go wrong on this Z!
Old 10-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Ralphus
Notice wife and brickyard, girly. It is in my good paragraph, it's just in touch with it's feminine side.
Watch out or I'll sic the ZCHICKS on you, their Administrator(she lives in Houston) has a Brickyard too and she was Commander of an Air Force Wing. Yeah, the ladies like the color and I always try to stay on their good side. They welcome guys on their site too and Tere has a install report step by step of a Procharger(SC). Check it out and Dr. Bonz's writeup, too. Very interesting reading.

Sorry, I just can't live w/yellow.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:33 PM
john350Z

i just wanted to add my .02 cents.

all the colors are great on this car.

different strokes for different folks.

during the end of last year (when i joined the forums), pikes peak white was the most least liked color of the 350z!!!!!

i had a chrome silver track for a month and then traded it in for a pikes peak white. people were like WTF?

but after a few mods, i had turned many 350zers into pikes peak white fans!!!!

-jbigs
Attached Thumbnails People getting compliments - What color Z?-nismo-cf-body-kit-034.jpg  
Old 10-18-2003, 08:40 PM
luke350z

I get compliments on my Super Black at night. Maybe its all the layers of Zaino doing the magic.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:55 PM
ZRated03

Super Black for me. I've always wanted a black whip, and to be honest.. I first fell in-love w/ the Z when I saw a black one in person. Then again, It was the first Z I saw in person so it could've just been the car that stunned me.

Bottom-Line: The car draws looks anyway, regardless of color.. a clean Z will get you attention (Good or Bad)
Old 10-18-2003, 09:38 PM
momentum

Colour is a very subjective thing. Besides, the Z is a very beautiful car to start with, so IMHO, it looks good in any colour. As far as people's comment, they see a beautiful car like the Z with you in it, they are not likely to say to you, " you have a beautiful car, but the colour sucks", are they?

I can comment on any of the Z colour, but my comments would only be from how I see it, literally. Does not mean that, for example, DB is more beautiful than CS or Sunset leman or white or black, etc. Now, when it come to uniqueness though, it's a different matter, as there are for instance definitely more silver Z's than there are white ones.

Frankly, I think it's more the condition of the car than the colour that makes the car stand out. When the Z is clean and freshly waxed, any colour (and I have seem most, of not all, in person), would take my breath away.

just MHO.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:00 AM
cincyspider

Actually, it's been proven through several exhaustive studies...that male owners of chrome silver have a smaller than average sized *****.

Nuff said garygoon
Old 10-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Ralphus

Originally posted by cincyspider
Actually, it's been proven through several exhaustive studies...that male owners of chrome silver have a smaller than average sized *****.

Nuff said garygoon
Were you the ***** handler doing the measurements?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:43 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by john350Z
i just wanted to add my .02 cents.

all the colors are great on this car.

different strokes for different folks.

during the end of last year (when i joined the forums), pikes peak white was the most least liked color of the 350z!!!!!

i had a chrome silver track for a month and then traded it in for a pikes peak white. people were like WTF?

but after a few mods, i had turned many 350zers into pikes peak white fans!!!!

-jbigs
Very,very nice. I like your add-on designs, well executed.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:14 AM
TommyBoy76

The fact is......Once you go Super Black, you can't go back. Nothing IMO compliments the Z more than looking at Super Black at night with all the reflections. And don't let me get started on the Burnt Orange interior.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:51 AM
ZNUTS

Plain and simply its not he color but the car getting all the compliments.Brick was my choice but love them all!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:53 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

I said it before and I will say it again...

My SS gets tons of compliments with the wheels...and NISMO options and I love this color.

BUT... if I had to do it all over again.. I would opt for PP White..

John's Z posted above ... and other PP White Z's with the TE37 combination is what turned my head around .......
Attached Thumbnails People getting compliments - What color Z?-wjm-z.jpg  
Old 10-20-2003, 06:29 AM
keiffer953

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the CS because it looked sooo James Bondish LOL. I hated the lemans, but when I seen a guys Lemans on here, I think his name is Jim from Arizona, I quickly changed my mind. His looks awesome.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
ktm
Banned

All ANYONE needs to do is look at JimH's Le Mans in his sig and the argument will be settled.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:20 PM
TCL

This color draws a lot of compliments and turns a lot of heads. Just yesterday someone making a left in my direction was looking at my car instead of the road. Wasn't sure he was going to make the turn without going off the road.
Attached Thumbnails People getting compliments - What color Z?-collagesmall.jpg  
Old 10-20-2003, 01:52 PM
acmw

i was in compusa yesterday and 2 guys were complementing me on my db z and said nice car i never seen it b4 and the other guy says ive never even seen it on tv
Old 10-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Ralphus

To me, DB is a nice color, but its been tarnished by the Civic Si, Subaru WRX, and the like. That type of blue has become synonymous with riceboy.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:18 PM
john.laninga

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a ZR in LeMans Sunset. I had the choice of Super Black, Redline, Silver, Blue, and a dark grey. Of all the colors I preferred the Sunset (natch... I bought it, didn't I?). My wife agrees too, the pictures don't do it justice.

On the drive home (from Miami to North Carolina) I was surprised at the compliments I got parked and even on the road. Of particular interest was a group of bikers that went by me, one with a skull face mask rode next to me, kept looking over, and giving me the thumbs up. Wierd, but somehow a compliment!

My 2nd choice was the DB, then SB and it was a VERY difficult choice. They ALL look great. I like mine the best, no matter what color it is...

John
Old 10-20-2003, 04:34 PM
iLLestJrz

But Look At The Beauty of PPW

I took this pic the other day. MMMMWWWHITE

This was during SUNSET... looks off-white

Car was a little dirty

Quick Reply: People getting compliments - What color Z?