Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People getting compliments - What color Z?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 11:26 AM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking People getting compliments - What color Z?

Just curious of your car color that people are complimenting.

Last edited by soupnazi1; 07-30-2003 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:42 AM
noel48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not looking to get flamed but whenever I have a passenger in my Z and we come upon another Z(mostly silvers),they comment that PPW shows off the lines better and sticks out as more unique.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:04 PM
VandyZ

More often than not I am told that my Silverstone is the best color (or their favorite). I certainly agree that the Pikes Peak white is one of the better colors, but my favorite has come to be the Lemans Sunset.

Some people will say anything to get a ride though!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:42 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I get quite a few people who tell me they'd get a DB just like mine. But in all honesty, I'd take any color (besides Le Mans--simply because my fellow Aggies would beat me up. lol). I just love the car!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Zracer03

I hear constantly that DB is the best color. That's what I have, and I would agree, although I like Lemans just as much.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:45 PM
wren57
Banned

I get tons of compliments on my redline Z, especially when it is clean...
Old 07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
toykilla

i think you can see that everyone is biased towards their own colors, so im not sure what you are trying to accomplish by asking this question....

the compliments on my car are mostly on the color, its a brickyard and since they are cancelling the color it will be even more rare than it is now.

i usually get "WOW! thats an amazing color!.. never seen that before.."

to which i respond.. "you wont see many "

i think if you want one that will stand out more than the rest, brickyard, lemans and maybe white will be the most rare in the long run...those are the ones i rarely see
Old 07-30-2003, 12:55 PM
sparky3Z

ALL the colors are good IMHO. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. The lighter colors don't show dust as much and the darker colors show reflections better. The lighter colors don't seem to get as hot parked in the sun.

Some say the brightest colors catch the eye of troopers more easily.

One thing I like about the darker colors is that the door, hood, and hatch gaps aren't as obvious and the car has a more unified appearance.

Pick the color your significant other likes.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:11 PM
D'oh

Yeah, when I first got my car, everybody at work was saying, "wow, that's a really cool color".

The thing is, I think all the colors are really cool. I had a very hard time picking one.

The only color I didn't want was Chrome Silver, simply because I though it would be too common (it still looks very good).

I ended up wanting a darker color since I like the contrast with the bright door handles. I also wanted something sparkly, and I thought the Blue was just a bit too bright (when I pre-ordered, I only had the little color swatches on the Nissan web site to go by, I hadn't seen any pictures yet). As it turned out, all the colors were quite a bit darker than the website showed, so the blue turned out fantastic.

Anyhow, all the colors are great, and I like seeing each one on other cars. The Lemans Sunset looks excellent in person as well(not as bright as the pictures looked); makes me think of butterscotch. I only wish there was a green...

-D'oh!
Old 07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
bixby

I agree all of the colors are great. But I'll bet no one other than us Brickyard owners get people going crazy trying to get our attention, wanting us to roll down are windows just to ask "what IS that color called?" Especially since it goes from almost black looking in color to the very rich high metalic fine wine red with lighting changes. It is by far the most unique and will of course be the most rare Z color.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Subbacultcha

In my area, Black is the rarest color Z. In fact, I've never seen another black Z besides mine. The most common color is definitely CS and DB here.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:28 PM
cincyspider

There aren't many 350's in my area at all...and my DB is the only one I've seen here. I started out wanting red...like 2 other Z's before it, but then I wanted LeMans after I saw that up close, and then finally the blue when I saw that finally! Pics don't do it justice. I also REALLY liked the brickyard...but I really wanted something that popped out at ya when you saw it coming. The brickyard is a beautiful color, but more sedate. I knew I did NOT want black...since my 300 that I was selling was black and I was thoroughly sick of the color....and I didn't want the silver since there seems to be more silver on the road than any other color. And I just don't like white cars. But...as others have said, the 350 in any color is better than most other cars in any other color!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:35 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Super Black and I get alot of compliments on it. I think that the Lemans is the most noticable color by far. It really is unique. I still would not give up my SB
Old 07-30-2003, 02:49 PM
DruDragzOn

I'm not worried how common my Z color will be in the long run. I'm thinking with proper customization (subtle exterior mods), it'll stand out well enough.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:50 PM
Montez

Originally posted by noel48
I'm not looking to get flamed but whenever I have a passenger in my Z and we come upon another Z(mostly silvers),they comment that PPW shows off the lines better and sticks out as more unique.
I agree Pikes Peak and Glacier Pearl shows of the lines of our 350 and Max, we gets lots of compliments on both of our cars because of the color. Especially in great sunlight!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:35 PM
toykilla

Originally posted by bixby
I agree all of the colors are great. But I'll bet no one other than us Brickyard owners get people going crazy trying to get our attention, wanting us to roll down are windows just to ask "what IS that color called?" Especially since it goes from almost black looking in color to the very rich high metalic fine wine red with lighting changes. It is by far the most unique and will of course be the most rare Z color.
i agree 100%
Old 07-30-2003, 06:24 PM
cujo471

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I don't want to offend anyone but I have to speak out on this subject. Everyone knows that super black is the most complemented color. No other Z looks as elegant as a super black z at night in the city lights. Oh, and I guess you also know by now that black z's are faster too.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:39 PM
SHAQMAGIC

Biased I am.

The Lemans Sunset gets the most compliments easily.

It also gets the most ugghhsss.

Most people love the car, and they say the same thing regardless of color, awesome, sweet, etcc......

But they don't pull over a silverstone and say WOW, what color is that. I love it, it just doesn't happen. The Lemans brings out more opinions just because the color catches the eye, especially in sunlight or under neon/flourescent lights, like a parking lot or garage.

The Murano, the Maxima all get double takes in the Lemans. No one looks at them in Silver/white/black.
So Lemans stands out the most.

Also Nissan advertises in the Lemans the most, see almost all their ads and see Road and Track cover for the roadster.

I also get people (including my wife) who say why'd you get that color? I don't think I like that. What is that orange!!!!!!!!!
Then I show them a cone next to the car and they say, okay I guess it's not orange.
Plus I'm a huge fan of the GTO Judge, so Orange is good anyway and the Dukes of Hazzard, yes Jeremy Shockey.

Man I'm biased, but that's why I waited a few months and eventually switched dealers out of frustration to get my color.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:56 PM
bhobson333

Default My opinions of the colors

Personal opinion, bluntly stated. Don't get mad

Super Black - The 350Z looks great in black, of course. And, of course, black is a b*tch to keep looking clean, it shows every bit of dirt. It also gets real hot in the summer, especially down south where I live! I thought about getting SB - very briefly. Recently I have realized that I wash and Zaino the car so often I might as well have gone ahead and gotten it!

Pikes Peak White - I like white cars in general because, against logic, they don't show dirt as much as dark cars. I think I was spoiled by Suzanne Somers in American Graffiti, though; to me a white two-seater sports car should be driven by a blonde babe. I haven't seen many PPWs in person but one thing I heard is that they don't look good next to other white cars because it's not a true bright white and looks kinda dingy in comparison.

Redline - Never even considered it. Yes, a sports car looks good in red, but it's a cop magnet and red paint always fades. Besides, I'm a Carolina fan and arch-rival NC State's color is red.

Chrome Silver - I wanted a lighter color (heat in summer and showing dirt) but I never considered CS for two reasons. First, I heard that it was by far the most common (and I don't want common), and second because I think light silver is a color that's played-out, yesterday's news as far as fashion/style/popularity goes. Maybe shallow, but hey, this is opinion, right?

LeMans Sunset - Looks drop-dead gorgeous when it's clean and shiny in the sun, like liquid bronze. Unfortunately, it can look like pumpkin when it's dirty and/or in the shade. I also question how well the color will age. Remember the 240Z in snot-green and butterscotch?

Brickyard - Kind of like LS, it doesn't look great unless it's clean and in the sun. Very dull, looks like plum when dirty or in the shade.

Daytona Blue - DB surprised me. I have never been crazy about blue cars, but this is a gorgeous color, and it looks good in the sun and in the shade, when detailed and when it could stand a wash. I never considered it before, but DB would be my second choice it I had to do it all again.

Silverstone - I chose Silverstone for a lot of reasons. It's not too dark, so it hides dirt fairly well and doesn't get too hot in the summer sun. It's not too bright, attracting too much attention from cops. It's not too common, one of the rarer colors. It's a timeless color, not going to go out of fashion. It looks classy. I have had a lot of compliments on the color, and a lot of people have told me it's their favorite color. Of course, as someone else mentioned, someone who wants a ride in it is liable to resort to flattery!

BTW: Did you know that Silverstone is a famous racetrack in England? That rounds out the naming scheme - they're all track or car related! (Super Black is kind of iffy)

Last edited by bhobson333; 07-30-2003 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:04 PM
marhot

Does anyone know how many or how to find out the number of each color produced in 2003? I'd be very interested in seeing the "official" numbers.

The first Z I saw was Chrome Silver. I was in love and wanted only CS. Then as I saw the other colors "in person" I fell in love with that color and would change my mind. I got to wanting the last color I saw. But it seemed every other Z on the road is CS. Sorry there are just too many.

I eliminated Redline, because I’ve had at least one red car for the last 20 years and currently also have a red Civic Si. I am so tired of red.

Sorry, but Pikes Peak White and Super Black are a little too plain for me. Plus it seems those two colors would be hardest to keep clean.

Le Mans Sunset and Brickyard seem to be the “rarest”. I have seen those the least. And of course soon Brickyard will be the most rare. I wish I could have found one!

My ’00 Max SE is Blue Pearl. I didn’t think I’ll like having 2 blue cars in the garage, so that eliminated Daytona Blue.

Finally, Silverstone, what a beautiful color. In the bright sunlight it just shines, almost as bright as Chrome Silver. But in the shade and at sunset is my favorite time to view the Silverstone Z. The metallic gray is a beautiful sight. It is just a beautiful car.

But hey, they're all good!

Peace

P.S. bhobson333 liked your opinions. Probably because I’m a Tarheel also! I was born a Tarheel, and a Tarheel I’ll died, but for now I’m a Jayhawk!

Last edited by marhot; 07-30-2003 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: People getting compliments - What color Z?