Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I may have gotten ripped off (PLEASE READ)!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:18 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I may have gotten ripped off (PLEASE READ)!!!!!

I needed to buy some hid bulbs for my 03 nissan 350z. So i decided to buy them from a member here on this forum. I recieved them yesterday in the mail and opened the package to inspect them. Guess what both of the bulbs where burnt out and is obvious just from visual inspection.

I have not even attempted to try to put these on the car, its that obvious. The member has been on here for an extended period of time and by his avatar he has a forced induction z. So, i have a hard time understanding how this person can not tell the difference between good and bad bulbs. I've already asked for my money back in a Im. I'm not going to present the username of the individual to the forum as of yet because im waiting for them to rectify the situation before i do so. 9/12/08
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

maybe wrong forum And yea it seems u got jipped. wanna know how to know when ur bulb burns out? When u take it out bc it dont work. GL
Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Test the bulbs first.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:31 AM
marques1

because on an hid bulb when you look at the wire loom that runs verticle it has a gap when it should connect throughout the whole light. Not only that you can tell its burnt out because the middle of the bulb is black with a white cloudy appearence. I just connected one of the bulbs no worky. The person has a feedback in the 30's so im hoping this is just a mistake and i know for sure they start threads and add to discussions quite often.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

sounds like the seller had bought them from someone else and sold them untested to you.

https://my350z.com/forum/lighting/38...hid-bulbs.html

the cloudy/brown area appears in the pics.

Did you try to install one and check?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
marques1

I just tested both of them and they both don't work. It sucks because i have not been able to drive at night and now i have to wait even longer. Chris migloire ^^^^^^^^^^ that is who i bought them from and those are the exact bulbs. I though he had said that he bought these brand new on the thread and that is why i bought them. I didn't pay to much attention to the pics which was probably my downfall. It seems if this guy might be a stand up guy so i really hope that i get my money refunded. I just figured i would rather post this sooner than later.

Last edited by marques1; 09-13-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 786 Posts

how did you test them? I dont think you can just through 12v on them.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
marques1

well i had my wheels off on my car already. I had previously took the bulbs out so all i had to do is plug the new one's in. So, i just plugged them into the car.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it how people seem the scream "BLOODY MURDER!!" now if something does seem right. You should have worked this out with the seller before starting a post about it. Anyways, if the bulbs dont work, what do you want us to do?

I can see your point about bringing this to our attention, but that is what the feedback part of the iTrader program is for. But based on his iTrader rating, I'm guessing that he will work with you on this.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:30 PM
yellowvert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camaro - Marques1 is just frustrated. If this or any other forum didn't allow people to express frustration, the traffic would be about 2/3 of what it is today. I personally have no issue with his posting this b/c he didn't say who it was, just that he was frustrated. As I would be if I couldn't drive my car at night and I thought I bought something legit. And if they seller is a scam or doesn't respond, I want to know who it is, not trust on viewing iTrader ratings.

This should play out and let the cards fall where they may.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:14 PM
MarvinMartian

The pic in the "For Sale" ad was dated 2005.

Shenanigans!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:31 PM
marques1

camaro194: i wasn't posting to call anyone out. I'm just frustrated and that is it. Imagine having to be home before it gets dark outside all the time. I feel like im stuck in middle school and hindered by my headlight bulbs, lol. Anyhow if i was trying to target him i would have posted his screen name and gave him negative feedback which i have not. I'm just waiting it out! im hoping he will come through and politely give me my money back. I honestly feel this was unintentional but we will see.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:55 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you actually contacted the seller and has he replied? If not, then you've jumped the gun by posting this.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:00 PM
marques1

i have contacted the seller but i have not given him sufficient time to write back yet. Anyhow he said that these where working in his 03 z when he took them off but that is hard to believe though since even in the for sale pics you can tell that the light bulbs are blown. I missed that detail when i bought them from him. anyhow i haven't left him negative feedback and im waiting to get this dealt with.

CAN PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A GOOD PLACE TO BUY SOME NEW HID BULBS THAT ARE BRAND NEW AND NOT USED, THANKS.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
hhrt

cincity a sponser on here ^^
Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 PM
marques1

ok thank you.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:18 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before calling a member out on a sale that may have gone wrong because of a simple mistake, please slow down and give the seller a reasonable amount of time to correct the issue.

Giving someone a bad name over nothing is really poor taste. You may be upset or frustrated but that's no reason to drag someone's name through the mud.

If it doesn't end up working out, by all means cry bloody murder. Until then, keep it to yourself, in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
BlayZ

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Before calling a member out on a sale that may have gone wrong because of a simple mistake, please slow down and give the seller a reasonable amount of time to correct the issue.

Giving someone a bad name over nothing is really poor taste. You may be upset or frustrated but that's no reason to drag someone's name through the mud.

If it doesn't end up working out, by all means cry bloody murder. Until then, keep it to yourself, in my opinion.
he hasn't dragged anyones name through the mud, he clearly stated in his post that he still needed to give the seller time to reply and he was just kinda posting this incase it didnt work out but that he hoped it wouldn't be an issue, he also very clearly left out the sellers name, as another person already stated, hes just frustrated and this is how he chose to deal with his frustration
Old 09-13-2008, 06:56 PM
marques1

Blayz: ^^^^^^ thank you i see you understand!!!!!

I have not dragged anyone's name in the mud. I tell you sometimes you can't win on this forum. You post to early but dont post a screenname because you are dissatisfied you get ****. You post to late after the transaction and you get the ******** flag flying. I understand it might be a mistake. That is exactly why i did not post the screen name nor did i leave him negative feedback. Im just waiting for him to return my messages and keeping everyone plus the moderators on this forum informed just incase something went sour. I know i can't be wrong for doing this!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, I AM THE SELLER.

Second off, I did buy these bulbs used, I did test them (as mentioned in the original FS thread), and they worked just fine for me. I never once claimed they were new.

I am not going to scam someone for a pathetic $75. My iTrader speaks for itself. If the bulbs did not work for me, does anyone here with any common sense really think I would pass them off as working in the FS section? For $75???. Please.

You can't tell if a HID bulb is blown just because it has discoloration or burning on it, because thats completely normal. These are not incandescent bulbs where you can just look and see if the filament is broken.

If Marques really tested them and they dont work, then perhaps they were damaged in shipping or something. If he sends them back to me, and I confirm that they are indeed blown, I will gladly refund him his $75 plus the $5 it will cost to ship back to me.

Last edited by SpoilsofWar; 09-13-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: I may have gotten ripped off (PLEASE READ)!!!!!