Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

TO All w/ Rear Axle Clicking...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Nick204k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TO All w/ Rear Axle Clicking...

I'm not sure what each persons situation is but I recently went to a different dealer than I usually do and they fixed my clicking no questions asked.

Compared to my other dealer said the rear axle is not part of the powertrain warranty?

Heres my suggestion... to all w/ rear axle clicking and have full warranty etc. Go to other dealers around you... One will work!

I'm so happy they actually fixed this annoying click!

weeeeeeee
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
R-TuneZ

thats what i always told people bitching about bad dealer service. the stupid thing is, is that these people would keep on going back to the same sh*t dealer just because its 20 min closer than the alternative. a good dealer will not complain about doing warranty work, or try to add stupid "tune-up" packages, or try to convince you that what is obvious warranty work is not in fact covered.

oh and if you liked the dealers service, you should throw up their name and info in your post to help other z owners find a good place to take their car.

i used to be up in the NE region and i took my car to Eisenhauer Nissan for a warranty trans/clutch replacement and they did a great job, no problems, and they were quick. the price tag was a little high, but not compared to what most other dealers would charge you for the same service.

Last edited by R-TuneZ; 09-15-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You are happy. I am happy. One big happy family.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might take a copy of the service bulletin to the crap dealer and point out the word "warranty", which appears at least once on the sheet. It would be nice if people (in ANY job) would quit making it up as they go along.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Dblock55

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The clicking noise you are refering to.. what does it sound like? I have a similar noise when i frist pop the clutch and start movign its like click click click and then when im at 2k+ rpms its a hissing noise kinda like a turbo being pressurized...... i think its a bearing in my drivetrain or in one of my wheels.... my warranty is up so if the noise im describing is the one u got fixed how much would that be w/o warranty??
Old 09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
2ndVQ35

Just as a good measure, They should still fix it as there is the aformentioned tsb. It is as simple as pulling and lubing the drive axles in most cases and sometimes replacing locknuts and washers. They did mine no questions asked too.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
MikeyG

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
You might take a copy of the service bulletin to the crap dealer and point out the word "warranty", which appears at least once on the sheet. It would be nice if people (in ANY job) would quit making it up as they go along.
Except for when you have a 2006 and the service bulletin is for 03-05. They didn't cover it but did cover my engine replacement no questions asked.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by Dblock55
The clicking noise you are refering to.. what does it sound like? I have a similar noise when i frist pop the clutch and start movign its like click click click and then when im at 2k+ rpms its a hissing noise kinda like a turbo being pressurized...... i think its a bearing in my drivetrain or in one of my wheels.... my warranty is up so if the noise im describing is the one u got fixed how much would that be w/o warranty??
The "warranty charge" on mine was $125. I'm not sure that's what they would charge an individual without a warranty though.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This clicking noise will come back in time.. I have had it fixed and it just comes back..
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
2ndVQ35

The "warranty charge" on mine was $125. I'm not sure that's what they would charge an individual without a warranty though.
That is oxymoronic...warranty charge...dealers are crooks for the most part. They get paid a half labor rate and don't want to do the work for the most part...so they make it up as they want. Brand protection keeps dealerships just far enough apart that it's inconvenient to go to another for a second opinion...

They got consumers pretty good...I hate it...

I am pretty lucky that the particular service bay at the dealer I go to is honest and tries to do every thing they can. They own up and do good work. Wouldn't even think of charging that to someone I don't think. Then again...who knows...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by 2ndVQ35
That is oxymoronic...warranty charge...dealers are crooks for the most part. They get paid a half labor rate and don't want to do the work for the most part...so they make it up as they want. Brand protection keeps dealerships just far enough apart that it's inconvenient to go to another for a second opinion...

They got consumers pretty good...I hate it...

I am pretty lucky that the particular service bay at the dealer I go to is honest and tries to do every thing they can. They own up and do good work. Wouldn't even think of charging that to someone I don't think. Then again...who knows...
I'm not sure I follow you completely. They didn't charge me that amount. That's what they charged Nissan (I assume) for the work done. It didn't cost me a dime. Dealers don't absorb warranty charges. That's for the parent company.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:15 PM
blktrack350

yea i have the same problem. but i got my car from carmax and when i took it in to get the clicking fixed the guy told me it was because my aftermarket exhaust was rubbing on my diff. i laughed at him and said it wasent because my exhaust is about a inch away from any part of my diff. and on top of it the clicking was there before the new exhaust. so i am going to take it to nissan and have them inspect it and get it on paper that it is the axle
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
2ndVQ35

I'm not sure I follow you completely. They didn't charge me that amount. That's what they charged Nissan (I assume) for the work done. It didn't cost me a dime. Dealers don't absorb warranty charges. That's for the parent company.
ahhhh....gotcha...guess i didn't follow u completely.

I will say that I have a good service bay behind me here - the guys do everything they can, own up, and do good work so far. I just got a new tranny in my 05 enthusiast under warranty...I had the Nismo clutch added for a discounted parts cost and no labor since the tranny was coming out...takes care of the throw out that I surmised was bad in the process so now things are happy happy. The nismo clutch is great - half the throw, half travel engagement spot on, crisp shifts...very smooth, but solid for sure...much heavier clutch pedal, btw...I have seen many bad service bays though...from acura/vw dealers that I worked at (which were deplorable) to honda dealerships that I have had to show head techs how to do specific work properly. I have had dodge dealerships all over the place lie to me about service issues and try to charge where they shouldn't on srt-4's til i found a gem. Good dealers are very rare.

Last edited by 2ndVQ35; 09-16-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by blktrack350
yea i have the same problem. but i got my car from carmax and when i took it in to get the clicking fixed the guy told me it was because my aftermarket exhaust was rubbing on my diff. i laughed at him and said it wasent because my exhaust is about a inch away from any part of my diff. and on top of it the clicking was there before the new exhaust. so i am going to take it to nissan and have them inspect it and get it on paper that it is the axle
Google "TSB 04-065" and take them a copy of that.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
This clicking noise will come back in time.. I have had it fixed and it just comes back..
I ignored mine, and it just went away?
Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
SpoilsofWar

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
+1, so did mine.

Been clicking for years now, I dont even care anymore... lol. It only does it in reverse, going really slow though.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:18 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
+1, so did mine.

Been clicking for years now, I dont even care anymore... lol. It only does it in reverse, going really slow though.
This is exactly why I never bothered to bring mine in to the dealership.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Nick204k

oh my its going to come back nooooooooooo
Old 09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick204k
oh my its going to come back nooooooooooo

Last edited by Jay'Z; 09-16-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:52 AM
MRfire

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
+1, so did mine.

+3, mine came back too. Can really hear at drive through. Not AS bad though....