2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Bad 350Z review

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad 350Z review

I just found this bad review by accident on google.

http://www.autospeed.com.sg/cms/A_1841/article.html

Has it been posted before? If not, what do you guys think about it?
Old 08-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Jason Bourne

I think the reason I got my 350z was so I wouldn't have Tabitha and Timothy screaming in the back.

I actually wondered for a little while whether the article would have some insightful point that would make me rethink my positive assessment of the Z but I was glad to find that there is no content other than the fact that he finds the suspension too stiff.

I think it's too soft and I'm sure Mr. Edgar's wonderful "real" road is no less bumpy and treacherous than the street I live on (Manhattan's Third Avenue).

Silly article if you ask me.

Jason
Old 08-07-2003, 03:46 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I felt alot of personal sentiments through it...

Looks like he rambled on and on more about his life than the wheel time he actually had IN the 350Z. His comments were totally subjective and based on his little experience.

I don't praise the Z like everyone does but like any car out there...with all it's praises and glory..theres always going to be some sideways critic defying the status quo just to get some attention. Truthfully...would we give a rat's *** about this guy's article if he praised the Z like the rest of world??? No

But since he mixes a little biased criticism in there...we'll read his pretentious rambling...his meager attempts at "THOROUGHLY" analyzing an automobile.
What a well written fairy tale..so beautiful...so rich...so Hemingway!
Old 08-07-2003, 03:48 PM
stevew

His vocabulary seems to limited to B.S. and that's about the extent of his article. He talks about the Z being a throwback to the days of non-linear acceleration. The Z has an electronic throttle and is known for not having power surges due to non-linear response. Perhaps he missed Road & Track's comparisons which showed the Z having faster lap times than a 911, M3 and S2000 at a full race course (Willow Springs).

But of course the Australian manufacturers are the only ones that know how to make cars that really handle. That's why they have won so many championships in F1 and at Le Mans.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Dissident

Seems kinda silly to blame a car for not handling well on terrible roads. Yes, some cars are designed for that, and he obviously has a thing for rally cars, so good for him. Get an Imprezza. Doesn't mean the Z is a bad car because it has a completely different purpose. Apparently he thinks Holdens and Ford (?!?) handle better; to each his own.

I personally didn't think the Z was stiff at all, especially compared to an S2000, which I don't think anyone would argue is a great handling car. I also don't WANT a car designed to keep dumbass tourists from crashing... Whatever, silly article IMO.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:13 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Thanks for the comments. From what I can tell, Oz does have some really good cars, but how that makes the Z bad just doesn't compute. And yeah, I've also heard first hand accounts of how poor and small the roads there are. So, now that I think about it, he is probably giving the road a 10/10 out of insecurity.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:13 PM
350zroadster

"Well, let's put a Formula 1 car or Le Mans racing car and see how it handles our crappy-***-too-poor-for-pavement-we-don't-have-plumbing-road.

Can't take it?! YOUR CAR SUCKS!!"
Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
35oZephyR

"Uh....theres a road in my neighborhood...where lots of trees fall....by the way...an oak tree just fell the other day nearly killin a guy walkin his dog. I can drive my pick-up truck over it but the 911 Turbo can't seem to make it over the tree! What's all the hype about the Porsche heritage anyway? I was very dissappointed....did I mention the beautiful sunset in my neighborhood too???
Uh....oh yeah....did I mention I don't know wtf I'm writing about!"

Old 08-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Zsilverstone13

I don't think this guy is any good in writing review. In his review, he says "I don't give a sh**...I don't give a sh**", which is how I feels about his review.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Vlad

This guy is sick and I have the proof!

He mentioned at least twice that he has been "thrown around the cabin". Now, everybody knows that seat of 350z surround you like a glove and grip you like a hungry-for-sex-woman. Normal person will never slide in it a bit. So if this guy was being "thrown around the cabin" he must've been terrible skinny and thin. It could be either ultra-high metabolizm or some more serious stuff... Anyway it's obvious that his thinking is blurred by desiase... poor guy... He should enjoy whatever time he have left... instead of trying to do what he can't do.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:09 AM
OC_350Z

what a Jackass. I always love when people complain about sports cars being too "Stiff"
Old 08-08-2003, 11:49 AM
idrivea350z

Originally posted by OC_350Z
what a Jackass. I always love when people complain about sports cars being too "Stiff"
I think that's "Shift_Jackass"
Old 08-08-2003, 12:34 PM
ml2316

i could write a review and post it on some no-name site too. but who's going to take it seriously? (oh wait, apparently you guys would). the guy's review reads like a bulletin board post, it's pretty bad.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:01 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I don't think anyone is taking it seriously. Everyone seems to be having a good time making fun of the guy.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:59 PM
leadfoot

To bad the roads suck so bad where this guy lives. For someone who claims to be a critic it is hard to imagine that he has driven 50 or so cars on this particular stretch of road and still fears it. My guess is that he isnt that great of a driver but unfortunatley for us he does have enough skill to post a poorly written article.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:08 PM
bhobson333

Default Real

What's the one word that occurs most frequently in this article? "real". This guy's reality is just way far different from ours. His "real" roads aren't our "real" roads.

OK, that's my generous assessment.

He proves himself to absolutely not know WTF he's talking about when he says:

The 350Z is way back in the Ark, back in a time where a stiff ride and explosive (and so dreadfully non-linear) throttle response were regarded as something good.
He's saying that the 350Z has "dreadfully non-linear throttle response"!!!! The 350Z has the most linear throttle response of any car I know about!!! And he compares this favorably with an Evo?????

I'm beginning to wonder if he really drove the car.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:16 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yep, when someone talks about a "real" something, you always have to wonder. What are the rest of the roads, fake? Also, I've noticed that when people from Australia come to Southern California they seem to comment quite a lot on how impressive our roads are, especially the multi-level overpasses.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:11 AM
UofK350Z

Yeah, and his name is Julian to boot....
Old 08-09-2003, 06:21 AM
SharpST77

is he trying to rally the 350z?? what a hoho.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:15 AM
edgar

Found you guys through our referrer's list.

I thought I might have been being unduly harsh on the car so I gave it for 3 days to someone who I thought would like it. Someone who owns a Porsche Boxster S, Porsche 993 (both modified) and an Audi S3. Here are (primarily) his thoughts: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1839/article.html

Incidentally, re the "bulletin board" post above, AutoSpeed is the largest fast car site in the world...

Quick Reply: Bad 350Z review