Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

why do my HID's look a certain color on my car but different on other z's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 03:26 AM
sicilianoNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do my HID's look a certain color on my car but different on other z's?

this is prolly a weird/stupid question but I notice my HID's are bright but whenever i go outside my car to look at the beam head on i notice its very white only a tinge of purple. When I see my headlights reflected off of the back bumper of cars it looks pretty purple. But i was on I-85 today and pulled right next to a guy in a silverstone z and we gave each other the thumbs up but i sped up and noticed his HID's look pretty damn purple and even from a side view u can see the purpleness. Maybe mine look like this when other people look at them I dunno, maybe the color wont be tainted once I put my LED parking lights and chrome colored turn signal lights that look like the color of my housing.....also I noticed that every Z ive seen at nite's headlights look very nice color with a good purple color to them, maybe mine look this way too I just when I stare at mine from 10-15 feet away it looks like the parking light is messing up the color.....anyway opinionS?
Old 08-08-2003, 04:38 AM
sicilianoNYC

anyone else notice this...or is it jus me ..?
Old 08-08-2003, 05:10 AM
shaneotool

I think when you look at the light from an angle, the light looks more colorful because of the projector lens - like a prism with refractions and whatnot. The light color looks very different depending on where you look it them from. I notice this on cars with HID's in general.

or maybe they just put 6000k in.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:21 AM
sicilianoNYC

YEAH THATS PROLLY IT...i dont think they were ultinons cuz of the fact the color looks the same on 3 ive seen at nite
Old 08-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Mattcord03

HID's can colorshift after awhile, and will become slightly more purple(ish) after time. Also, could just be how your looking at his projector. HID's can look pure purple from one angle, and from another look almost pure white.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:15 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: why do my HID's look a certain color on my car but different on other z's?

Originally posted by sicilianoNYC
this is prolly a weird/stupid question but I notice my HID's are bright but whenever i go outside my car to look at the beam head on i notice its very white only a tinge of purple. When I see my headlights reflected off of the back bumper of cars it looks pretty purple. But i was on I-85 today and pulled right next to a guy in a silverstone z and we gave each other the thumbs up but i sped up and noticed his HID's look pretty damn purple and even from a side view u can see the purpleness. Maybe mine look like this when other people look at them I dunno, maybe the color wont be tainted once I put my LED parking lights and chrome colored turn signal lights that look like the color of my housing.....also I noticed that every Z ive seen at nite's headlights look very nice color with a good purple color to them, maybe mine look this way too I just when I stare at mine from 10-15 feet away it looks like the parking light is messing up the color.....anyway opinionS?
Repeat after me: "It's all in my mind...It's all in my mind..."
Seriously, I doubt there is anything wrong with your Xenons dude. The eye is an 'amazing thing!'
Theme from the Twilight Zone starts playing.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:05 AM
EmuMessenger

Off-topic, but holy brakes TXStyle!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Slexis200

Well......... if you saw this Z in New York, you saw me! Because ive got a silverstone Z, with purple 6000k xenons, and your not crazy. And if not its possible you saw someone else who did the same thing as me to there base Z, its possible. Lemme know if it was you.........
Old 08-08-2003, 01:02 PM
sicilianoNYC

no it was a touring and i live in atlanta, so no...i guess the HIDs are different color depending where I look at them?