2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer Rip off

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:04 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Rip off

This dealer will remain anoynomous, but I'm sure you can figure thats its the only one in CS, CO. Anyway, heres the story:

The dealer clear bra'd my car when I got it, razor bladed it, and too make a long story short, a body shop had to repaint the entire front bumper, mirrors and fenders.

Well, while I was picking up my car, I noticed a White Touring 350Z auto with chrome 17" wheels and the entire front end was missing. It was parked at the body shop. I inquired with the body shop, and they stated it was shipped in from Ca. and the dealer needed it repaired, he said something about having to repaint or something.

Anyway, I stop by the dealer today, and guess whats sitting on the new car lot along the other Z's. Yep this white touring auto with the chrome wheels. I inquired about it, and, they had this Z priced the same as all the other new ones, but they posted a additional markup of $2K over MSRP, and $2999.00 for the wheels/tires. They even charged $399 for a hood bra only, and get this $179 for interior protection (LOL, $5 can of scothguard). I couldn't believe it, so I asked the dealer and he said it was a demo and had a few miles on it, and they would reduce it a little, I was like so has it been wrecked/repainted? The salesman seemed shocked I asked this. I laughed and told the salesman to quit rippig customers off, that the car has been repainted and if they are selling it they should let the customer know that it was at the body shop for repair, and the circumstances. I am sure if it was a wreck, it would be on the title, but the dealer is trying to sell this as a demo vehicle. What a bunch of crap. Anyway, long story short, BEWARE of DEALERS especially the one in my town, they are out for 1 thing only and that is to rip you off. BUYER BEWARE! BTW, I think they want over $38K for this touring auto model. And it doesn't have Bose or leather, LOL. And the sad part is, it'll probably be gone in a month.