Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

u guyz getting ppl hating on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003 | 04:27 PM
iris

Last edited by iris; 08-12-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2003 | 04:42 PM
jrreed350togo

Some of you guys need to really check yourself before putting other people down. Putting our fellow board member down for his grammar is low. His story is about his Z, something that we all have or want. It's funny to a point but after 10 post about his written words it's no longer a hot item. He was angry and even if he can't really put his words in writing who are you to judge. Everybody on the board shitted on him/herself at one time. Grow up. Nobody joined this board to get slammed for grammar.
Old 08-12-2003 | 04:47 PM
trash259

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
Some of you guys need to really check yourself before putting other people down. Putting our fellow board member down for his grammar is low. His story is about his Z, something that we all have or want. It's funny to a point but after 10 post about his written words it's no longer a hot item. He was angry and even if he can't really put his words in writing who are you to judge. Everybody on the board shitted on him/herself at one time. Grow up. Nobody joined this board to get slammed for grammar.
totally agree...even the mods . does this mean i get band now?

Last edited by trash259; 08-12-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2003 | 05:25 PM
Wisky

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
I also agree, I know you each understood what he said and/ or what he meant. Anyway, I have been fortunate enough that my car has not been violated, yet I know that if it does happen, I would be very angry and upset. I would think that it is personal more than jeallousy of your car.
Old 08-12-2003 | 07:23 PM
pharmboy

No doubt. This guys Z just got mauled and all u guys can do is pick on him for his bad grammer. I could tell by the way he was typing it was in a pissed off latenight rage and my typing would have probably looked the same. Im sure he dosent really spell or talk that way formally
Old 08-12-2003 | 07:31 PM
KONVERTER

that sux...

sorry to hear that...

i get alot of **** about my car but to my face...

"daddy buy you that z" / "your rich i should be charging you more" <--- i get that line from my local box brothers.. i dont go there any more...

i pay for my z my self with my hard earned money...

**** you you want a part of my family... here is a whip across the head with the buckle of a belt or a punch in the face in the middle of a grocery store or your head thrown threw a glass table infront of your friends waiting to go to disny...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oy sorry i vented... talk amongst your selves... next time on coffee talk...
Old 08-12-2003 | 09:53 PM
Brando222
Ziologist
Premier Member

Default I agree

Yes, I totally agree. So what if his grammar sucks, what are you a friggin English teacher? Does it ruin your day to have to read the post a little more closely? Let him tell his story in peace, instead of complaining about his grammar. SOrry to hear about your car man, I hope it doesn't happen to anybody else.
Old 08-12-2003 | 09:57 PM
KONVERTER

Default Re: I agree

Originally posted by Brando222
Yes, I totally agree. So what if his grammar sucks, what are you a friggin English teacher? Does it ruin your day to have to read the post a little more closely? Let him tell his story in peace, instead of complaining about his grammar. SOrry to hear about your car man, I hope it doesn't happen to anybody else.
yeah, some times when people post on message boards they do it as they would talk...

do you sit there and wonder if people are spelling things corrctly in their head while you talk to them in person or on the phone?

Old 08-12-2003 | 10:28 PM
yobri
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Wow, this thread went from "u guyz getting ppl hating on your car" to "u guyz getting ppl hating on your english" pretty damned quickly.
Old 08-13-2003 | 12:13 AM
spextar

Default Re: Re: u guyz getting ppl hating on your car?

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
speak engrish?
wtf is wrong with you? How could you be a ****ing moderator with this type of attitude towards the members?
now what? I'm banned, huh?
Old 08-13-2003 | 02:35 PM
Zilverb@ck

Man, some people. Why do you have to hate on the way he talks or types? If you can read it then why do you care? If it bothers you that much then stop reading it.
Old 08-13-2003 | 03:06 PM
EgH

Here, here Silverb@ck!!!!

Think about it guys if you were at a resturant and heard sombody using terrible grammer and then in the next moment saw someone's Z get totally egged which would effect you more?? (since we probably all have Z's)

...Yet half the thread is spent tearing the guys grammer up when the man from his 2'nd post can obviously speak perfectly fine....
Old 08-13-2003 | 03:44 PM
Montez

I guess I initiated the need not to slam grammar by my statements understanding what he was saying early on.
Old 08-13-2003 | 04:57 PM
Zilverb@ck

It is really easy for anyone to hide behind a computer. If he were to be approached by a person who is obviously not as intelligent as he is and basically tore up the english language, would he criticize him to his face? Probably not! Another thing to realize is by typing ur insted of your, you spend less time on the keys. Why do some say IMHO, because you dont want to type it right? Takes up more time. It is called abbreviation! Same thing as 2day and today. Someone earlier said btw, should we criticize him for saying that. Bottom line, it is his perogative to choose how he speaks or types. Why are we still discussing this NEWAYZ!
Old 08-13-2003 | 06:05 PM
spextar

Default Re: Re: u guyz getting ppl hating on your car?

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
speak engrish?
I think Splurt here deserves an apology from our "honorable" moderator Mike Wazowski and others like Mike.

Mike, you have unnecessarily insulted a member with your aweful and ignorant comment. So have "03 Z for me" and 350zspeedracer.
Old 08-13-2003 | 06:09 PM
marhot

Default Whoa guys...

Hey everyone, relax! I think everyone is getting a little too serious here.

Splurt is obviously an intelligent, articulate guy. It takes a certain amount of creativity to compose a message as he did. ‘Speaking’ what he wrote is one thing, writing it down is another. I thought he was very clever to compose “mini-masterpiece ‘ like he did. I found it creative and witty. When I posted my reply about a dozen posts back I was just trying to be humorous, not disrespectful. Obviously, a lot of you did not get the joke.

If I offended anyone, that was not my intent. Sorry.

Peace to all.
Old 08-13-2003 | 06:45 PM
bhobson333

Default Re: Whoa guys...

Originally posted by marhot
‘Speaking’ what he wrote is one thing, writing it down is another. I thought he was very clever to compose “mini-masterpiece ‘ like he did. I found it creative and witty.
This is correct.

Originally posted by marhot
Obviously, a lot of you did not get the joke.

If I offended anyone, that was not my intent.
This is incorrect. Your reply was excellent and humorous and wasn't taken as an insult to the original poster, at least not by me.

The people who are getting the heat now are the... induhviduals.. who immediately jumped on a creative post with petty grammar critiques. The unfortunate points are that these induhviduals (at least some of them) are moderators who must have had a brain-fart and posted their personal (and petty) opinions under their moderator handle. This is compounded by the unfortunate fact that they seem to have forgotten how to apologize for an obvious breach of forum etiquette.

IMHO all moderators should maintain two handles; one where they post as moderator, one where they are allowed to post as a peer (ie make stupid mistakes). Either that or they should be ready, willing and able to quickly acknowlege mistakes and apologize for them. That did not happen here.

I think we've beat this subject pretty much into the dirt.

Next?
Old 08-13-2003 | 07:13 PM
Zilverb@ck

Default Re: Re: Whoa guys...

Originally posted by bhobson333
This is correct.

This is incorrect. Your reply was excellent and humorous and wasn't taken as an insult to the original poster, at least not by me.

The people who are getting the heat now are the... induhviduals.. who immediately jumped on a creative post with petty grammar critiques. The unfortunate points are that these induhviduals (at least some of them) are moderators who must have had a brain-fart and posted their personal (and petty) opinions under their moderator handle. This is compounded by the unfortunate fact that they seem to have forgotten how to apologize for an obvious breach of forum etiquette.

IMHO all moderators should maintain two handles; one where they post as moderator, one where they are allowed to post as a peer (ie make stupid mistakes). Either that or they should be ready, willing and able to quickly acknowlege mistakes and apologize for them. That did not happen here.

I think we've beat this subject pretty much into the dirt.

Next?
No offense taken here. I just posted my thoughts as others did. I understand and see everyones point. I am a little on this thread by now too!
Old 08-13-2003 | 08:45 PM
myinfinitig20

My friend in his BMW 328 on Hamman rims hates on me all the time. He makes fun of the fact that my car is a "nissan" while his car is a "BMW" and is ELITE (whatever that means) and he makes fun of the fact that i dont have leather or a sunroof. People find ways to hate on the Z. Mother ****ers are jealosu is what i think but who knows maybe they really hate it. I dont really care, i have one of the best looking cars out and have 287ponies under the hood. **** Ya'll

nick
Old 08-13-2003 | 11:48 PM
yobri
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally posted by myinfinitig20
My friend in his BMW 328 on Hamman rims hates on me all the time. He makes fun of the fact that my car is a "nissan" while his car is a "BMW" and is ELITE (whatever that means) and he makes fun of the fact that i dont have leather or a sunroof. People find ways to hate on the Z. Mother ****ers are jealosu is what i think but who knows maybe they really hate it. I dont really care, i have one of the best looking cars out and have 287ponies under the hood. **** Ya'll

nick
Don't mean to be vulgar but...

...just whip it out, and that will probably shut his azz up.

Probably hiding his insecurities behind a BMW badge, thus having to remind you that he drives a "BMW."

Quick Reply: u guyz getting ppl hating on your car?