Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need advice from experienced ARC, Tomei users

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
konami2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice from experienced ARC, Tomei users

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I finally grabbed my 08 350Z base model before the new 370Z is about to come out. I personally prefer the look of the 350Z, and lots of selections on the aftermarket parts,too. Anyway, I am doing whole bunch of stuff to my car which is why I picked the base model in the first place, the following list is what I am planning to mod:

Aerokit:
C-west Type E long nose Front bumper PFRP
C-west Type E long nose Rear bumper PFRP
C-west Type E long nose Sidestep PFRP
C-west Type E canard PPCC
C-west Super Aero Bonnet FRP
C-west GT Wing II S Carbon

Engine:
ARC Engine oil cooler
ARC radiator

Drivetrain:
Cusco type RS 1.5 way LSD / Tomei Technical Trax 2 way LSD(not decided)

Brake:
Endless 6 pot inch up big brake kit with MX72 brake pad
Rear MX72 brake pad

Suspension:
Zeal Function X (F16kg, R14kg)

Intake and Exhaust:
ARC Titanium y-pipe back exhaust
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Tomei headers
ARC Suction pipe

Wheel:
Advan AVS T6(F9J R10J)

Tire:
Advan Neova(FR 265/35/18)

Total around: $25000 - $27000+

In case you guys want to see what my car will look like, here's a link sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0707_sccp_endless_nissan_350z/index.html
It will look exactly the same. Even the parts are 80% similar. HOWEVER, here's the problem that I need help with, I have been told that the arc exhaust and tomei headers will not fit on my VQ35HR. Actually, some told me that it will fit, but it won't perform well because the parts are designed for VQ35DE. So, I am wondering if any of you have installed the tomei headers or arc exhaust for your VQ35HR, and can probably tell me your experience with them. Also, I have only heard about tomei's lsd recently, and ppl are saying that you can install tomei's lsd if you have a stock vlsd. I did a search in this forum, and didn't find much, seems like it's easier to install tomei's lsd if you have a vlsd, but is it necessary?

That's about it, thank you for reading along. I didn't do much to the engine mainly because I find 300hp+ is more than enough. I actually wanted the Tomei ECU, but again, it's for 35DE, I really hope the parts for HR engines start to show up. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by konami2003; 12-01-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Wow, that's quite a list there. Good luck...
Old 11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, big spender, Especially with all those ARC components
Old 11-30-2008, 05:33 PM
konami2003

It's strictly for track use, not everyday driving pleasure, so I thought instead of buying a porsche cayman S, for instance, spending around $60000, why not just just go with 350Z and modify it a bit, and I get better performance. I like ARC stuff, so I was willing to put in some money. If I were really to spend big bucks, I'd get ARC tru dual exhaust, that's $7000+...
Old 11-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

damn man, thats quite an expensive list, do work
if its just for track i woulda bought a salvage title Z to save mucho money and then strip it clean on the inside. but more power to you
Old 11-30-2008, 05:45 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by konami2003
It's strictly for track use, not everyday driving pleasure, so I thought instead of buying a porsche cayman S, for instance, spending around $60000, why not just just go with 350Z and modify it a bit, and I get better performance. I like ARC stuff, so I was willing to put in some money. If I were really to spend big bucks, I'd get ARC tru dual exhaust, that's $7000+...
I see:

which is going to be pretty but adds nothing to performance.

What I do not see is:

Roll cage
Seats
Restraints.

Are you a baller or are posser?
Old 11-30-2008, 06:00 PM
NISMO_558

Originally Posted by davidv

whats a "posser"
Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
whats a "posser"
...and who are you? Captain of the spelling team?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
NISMO_558

I couldn't help it
Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM
konami2003

I see:

which is going to be pretty but adds nothing to performance.

What I do not see is:

Roll cage
Seats
Restraints.

OK, you got me I didn't put it down in the list because I thought it's pretty much implied since it's for track use... BRIDE seats, 5 point belt system, roll cages are in my list, I just didn't list them, because it doesn't help my performance, that's more of a safety thingy. But yea, thanks for mentioning it.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
konami2003

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
damn man, thats quite an expensive list, do work
if its just for track i woulda bought a salvage title Z to save mucho money and then strip it clean on the inside. but more power to you
Actually, I thought bout that too, but in the end I couldn't help to get a new one... lol. It's really personal preference, but yea, that's definitely a viable choice.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
davidv

OK, you got me I didn't put it down in the list because I thought it's pretty much implied since it's for track use... BRIDE seats, 5 point belt system, roll cages are in my list, I just didn't list them, because it doesn't help my performance, that's more of a safety thingy. But yea, thanks for mentioning it.
Its all good. Place your orders and lets get started.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:44 PM
konami2003

Its all good. Place your orders and lets get started.

LOL, I'd love to man, got caught on the exhaust problem, which is why I'm posting this. Once I get that solved, I'll get this started asap. So ppl, please help, thx.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 AM
davidv

LOL, I'd love to man, got caught on the exhaust problem, which is why I'm posting this. Once I get that solved, I'll get this started asap. So ppl, please help, thx.
Check the VQ35HR forum. If you need mods for the VQ35HR motor, then buy parts specifically designed for the VQ35HR motor.

Last edited by davidv; 12-01-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:49 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol gosh where do i start? sounds like a good build for a show car! are you doing endurance, wheel to wheel or time attack?i'm not that experienced at Z33 tuning OR racing in general, but i'm experienced enough to NOT spend so much canadian dollars on those jdm tyte parts! i'll save that for my sponsors when i make it big =P. i'd SKIP the aero totally. go spartan style lol. get the wing if you'll be doing over 120+mph. believe me, i have the entire origin aggressive kit on my drift S13 and it's a b*tch to get on a lift, alignment rack or even on jackstands! plus, it WILL crack if it's FRP. believe me if you really intend on driving that thing! i'd skip the ARC oil cooler and throw in a nismo cooler with koyo radiator. you probably won't even need it in canada eh. maybe just a nismo lower temp thermostat and nismo oil cooler?

can't really say much about those expensive diffs, but i love my kaaz 2way (cheap) and i'd probably get a nismo or carbonetic LSD and 4.03 gears for my G35C, skip the fancy diff cover lol.

i'd get the largest stoptech or racingbrake kit for all 4 corners for pad selection, price and it's proven here in north america.

if i had to throw all my money i'd do it on the suspension. i might consider something custom made like JRZ RS or RS pro from cdoc with custom springs. or i'd throw something cheap (stance/BC) in there (preferably taiwan made lol) and replace with cheap replacements as needed. i drift rarely and i already broke my jdm tyte silkroads. also, where are your heavy duty adjustable sways and endlinks plus all the adjustable arms? you'll need spares so don't spend too much.

i'd have a shop custom weld my rollcage with gussets! so much for the pretty interior on your brand new car. don't forget custom mounting for my kirkey, racetech or sparco seat! i DO have a bride zeta 3 on my S13 and i have a 30" waist. i hope you're jdm sized like me!

if you're keeping the near stock motor you might as well just get a K&N panel filter and call it a day. maybe some test pipes and a true dual exhaust if you felt like it. some people might recommend headers but then don't forget about ECU tuning. i woudln't go too crazy if anything at all. plus, don't forget a full set of gauges? if you're endurance racing did you want data acquistion like AIM MXL?

honestly, if i needed multiple sets of rims i'd get a bunch of rotas and just throw in some falken 615s and call it a day. grassroots FTW!

call me boring, cheap or both, i'm bored which is why i'm posting lol. good luck

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I finally grabbed my 08 350Z base model before the new 370Z is about to come out. I personally prefer the look of the 350Z, and lots of selections on the aftermarket parts,too. Anyway, I am doing whole bunch of stuff to my car which is why I picked the base model in the first place, the following list is what I am planning to mod:

Aerokit:

Engine:
ARC Engine oil cooler
ARC radiator

Drivetrain:
Cusco type RS 1.5 way LSD / Tomei Technical Trax 2 way LSD(not decided)

Brake:
Endless 6 pot inch up big brake kit with MX72 brake pad
Rear MX72 brake pad

Suspension:
Zeal Function X (F16kg, R14kg)

Intake and Exhaust:
ARC Titanium y-pipe back exhaust
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Tomei headers
ARC Suction pipe

Wheel:
Advan AVS T6(F9J R10J)

Tire:
Advan Neova(FR 265/35/18)

Total around: $25000 - $27000+

In case you guys want to see what my car will look like, here's a link sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0707_sccp_endless_nissan_350z/index.html
It will look exactly the same. Even the parts are 80% similar. HOWEVER, here's the problem that I need help with, I have been told that the arc exhaust and tomei headers will not fit on my VQ35HR. Actually, some told me that it will fit, but it won't perform well because the parts are designed for VQ35DE. So, I am wondering if any of you have installed the tomei headers or arc exhaust for your VQ35HR, and can probably tell me your experience with them. Also, I have only heard about tomei's lsd recently, and ppl are saying that you can install tomei's lsd if you have a stock vlsd. I did a search in this forum, and didn't find much, seems like it's easier to install tomei's lsd if you have a vlsd, but is it necessary?

That's about it, thank you for reading along. I didn't do much to the engine mainly because I find 300hp+ is more than enough. I actually wanted the Tomei ECU, but again, it's for 35DE, I really hope the parts for HR engines start to show up. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 AM
konami2003

Originally Posted by VQdriver
lol gosh where do i start? sounds like a good build for a show car! are you doing endurance, wheel to wheel or time attack?i'm not that experienced at Z33 tuning OR racing in general, but i'm experienced enough to NOT spend so much canadian dollars on those jdm tyte parts! ......
Thanks for all the inputs. My quote is in USD, not CAD Secondly, it's more than a show car, i can guarantee you that As far as the body kit is concerned, I am used to seeing Z33 with some sort of aerokits, I just feel wierd letting my Z running out on the street(track) naked. Besides, what's wrong with wanting your Z to look sexy? I have strong personal preference towards ARC and endless. Their stuff don't come cheap, but no one can deny their top notch quality. In my case, I had some extra cash in my pocket, so I decided to go with them. I am still thinking about whether the cooling section is necessary since I don't do any endurance race anymore, but i threw them in there subconsciously lol. The problem only lies in my exhaust section, since tomei and arc haven't announced anything on the HR engines yet.

Last edited by konami2003; 12-01-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

ARC HR Exhaust:

http://www.arcinter.co.jp/arc/z33master/nismo.html
Old 12-12-2008, 03:59 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. got me wanting those parts lol...super gangsta

Quick Reply: Need advice from experienced ARC, Tomei users