Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

PPL's 1st impression of YOU and your Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 11:13 AM
s9am_me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPL's 1st impression of YOU and your Z

Post any funny ones, weird ones, or just plain cool/flattering ones.

For me, I remember back around spring time, my friends and I were driving down near the beach to take some pics. When we were almost at the spot to take pics... i noticed a maroonish colored Camary following me. Followed us for a good 20 minutes. So My friends and I finally get to a secluded place to take pics with an oceanic background and the Camary pulls up behind us also. They watched while my friends and I park our cars into position for a "car and driver" wannabe shot. Right when i was about to get out of my Z, these 4 guys with long coats start walking towards me. I was like, are these guys gonna jack me or ask for directions? Turns out, all they wanted to know was that how much the car costs, what was the hp/torque, and if he could take pics of it. I was just in shock and just said sure, knock yourself out. That's a first for me.

oh 1 more.. there was this one time i was at a stop light... and this guy crossing in front of me in a Accord was staring, or should i say drooling at my car... so much that he was looking backwards looking at my car and broke at the last second almost hitting the car in front of him.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Dissident

I was driving around the night I bought it with my roommate (see the Silverstone Gallery thread ), and I see this girl in a Mustang, with what appeared to be her boyfriend, and she's smiling. And waving, and he's not lookin all too happy. My roommate and I had a good laugh.

While I was at the dealership yesterday, my friend was standing next to the car while I was in the parts dpt, and this girl come up to him and says "Gee, I really like your car!" LOL, he's gets all dejected: "uh, well, it's his, not mine."
Old 08-21-2003, 12:28 PM
350zSpeedRacer

My usual response--"Is that your husband's car??? You sure are lucky that he lets you drive it."

Morons.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:40 PM
WashUJon

Ya, hey there, little lady! You sure you can reach them pedals? lol

Don't kill me, Christi...

Old 08-21-2003, 12:50 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I have noticed is I get approached by more bums now. . .and they know what kind of car it is. One guy was so knowledgeable I gave him a buck for his effort. Then I get people in Lexus and other high end autos asking if it is the new Porsche.

One other thing, I hated those first impressions where drivers of other cars got a little close to me while looking. Not COOL!

But I guess I have had the run of the mill experiences as the rest of you.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:50 PM
neur0sis

I just love it when people ask "Is that the new Porche?" or "What kind of Porche is that?"

Old 08-21-2003, 04:29 PM
darkz77

I get annoyed/pissed when people start tailgating and get really close to the rear bumper when they are checking the car out.

I have had my Z for couple of days and got soooo much attention on the road. I was driving on a straight road and this women (alittle ahead of me) on the right lane drops down the window, and yells "I love that car", pointing with 2 hands while driving. I was afraid of a pile up than her actual statement. lol
Old 08-21-2003, 04:47 PM
thackattk

I had just finished washing my car and I went to Autozone to replace some cleaning supplies. I was in the autozone parking lot and a lady in a newer Porche 911 Carrera pulls up and tells me that she thinks I have a beautiful car. That's a compliment!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:13 AM
irishfan

Went to a local state park to take some pics last fall. At every place I stopped, I had people coming up to me asking if they could take pictures of my car.

Second favorite is all the kids that would drive along side, hanging out their car windows trying to get a better look at my car.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:55 AM
marhot

Like neur0sis , I’ve had several people ask me if it was a Porsche.

But my favorite incident happen the day I took delivery. At a stoplight I pull up next to guy in newer Corvette (C5). He causally looks over, does a neck-snapping double take, and his jaw drops open. I don’t know if he’d never seen a 350Z or what. I just grinned. He quickly must have realized how stupid he looked and snapped his head back around, looking straight ahead as if I wasn’t there! It was really funny.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:15 AM
jj1814

people always asks me if its mine.

what? I cant have a nice azz car?

I guess the fact that everyone thinks im about 15 or 16 doesnt help either. I've gotten charged the kids' rate more than a few times

OH..but Monday was the funniest. These two girls were gawking at my car....then brought some other people out to look at it. One was walking toward it as I was coming out of the door. They didnt know it was mine. One of the other girls was yelling to her 'DONT GET TOO CLOSE! IT MIGHT START GOING OFF!" I just died laughing.

Last edited by jj1814; 08-22-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:44 AM
misstrang7

looking is ok but it sure pisses me off when they leave their grotty fingermarks all over my windows!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 04:14 AM
BigBadBuford

I got my car last September so I had one of the first ones in my area and when people would see it they would just stare. I cruising around the weekend after I got it and pulled into the usual hangout. I was talking to some F-body guys when this car full of girls drive past and I hear them start screaming. They slam on their brakes and pull into a parking spot and the one girl runs out over to my car and starts going crazy. She kept saying how awesome the car was then asked me if I owned it and when I said I did she asked if she could give me a hug. I've had a few other big reactions to the Z but I have never seen someone go so crazy about a car and it was pretty cool.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:24 AM
CarFanatic

I have a kinda funny story. I get the usual looks and stares, thumbs up type stuff. I've been followed twice by 2 cars full of girls, but the best one happened when I was leaving a bar. Now I'm only 22, and really only look 19, but anyways this bar had valet parking, so I parked the car in the lot, but I parked it myself. So after the bar closes and everyone is leaving, I go to get my car and I'm waiting to pull out of the lot, when this girl and guy who looked to be her boyfriend come walkin bye. She looks at my car, and drops the guys hand and comes walking over to the car. she the proceeds to ask me if I'm the valet driver. I just looked at her for a minuate and then I said uh, no I own the car. She was like damn its an awsome car. I just said thanks and drove off laughing the rest of the way home.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:33 AM
stonesfan

Cool

In the beginning I got tons of "what a beautiful car!", "what kind of car is that?", "lady, your car is phat", and so on. I got smiles, thumbs up, winks, questions when stopped at a light as I'm sure most of us have.
One of the best ones happened recently. I was out at a restaurant that has valet parking. When I came out and the valet went to get my car there was a Dodge Viper parked right next to where he pulled up with my car. All the valets came over and, totally ignoring the Viper, told me my car was really hot. :-)
I also get asked if I want to run my car or race by drivers of Mustangs and other fast cars. Sometimes I'm up for it which I think surprises them probably due to my age and maybe because I'm a woman.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOM!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:09 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

I like scaring the heck out of people when they gather around my car by using the remote start I installed. Somtimes I turn it on without even knowing the ppl from my apartment complex are staring at my car and they think I'm playing a trick on them (I've met a lot of people in my complex because they want to see it and get a ride in it). I too also get the porsche line a lot, and also get the girls with other guys smiling and waving. The fellas don't like that one too much... :-P
Old 08-28-2003, 06:40 AM
twenzel

good stories, One day I was working out in the garage and had my car parked across the street. A bunch of kids were all running around it and peeking inside the windows. So I hit the panic button on the key fob and they all freaked out. It was pretty funny.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:35 AM
vancitydude

got a couple...

i had mine parked at a meter infront of a sweet looking 911 one day... i was walking back to the car after running into a store and i come out to see some dude and his wife drooling all over my car paying ZER0 attention to the $100,000 porsche behind it... sometimes silence is golden.

i've lost track of how many times people spark up conversations in traffic when i have my windows down to ask me about it... to the point where i want to turn on the ac and put the windows up :-)... but the all-timer was about 3 days after i bought the car, i'm cruising at about 40 in town and this filthy looking cougar with long blonde hair flying everywhere (i'm only 29, but i love cougars), driving a convertible jag woth the top down, roars up beside me, smiles, winks and tears off... reminded me of Christie brinkley in the movie Vacation...

good times.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:47 AM
jj1814

Originally posted by tonywenzel
good stories, One day I was working out in the garage and had my car parked across the street. A bunch of kids were all running around it and peeking inside the windows. So I hit the panic button on the key fob and they all freaked out. It was pretty funny.

LoL I did that once at Six Flags Great America. They scattered like flies. It was hilarious.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:06 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mechanic at the tire shop when I got my TE's mounted. After he finished he asked me to hang out for 5 minutes. Drove to his house to grab his digital camera and take shot so he could use them as his wallpaper.

Quick Reply: PPL's 1st impression of YOU and your Z