Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signal bulb catastrophe!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 02:31 PM
sicilianoNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry turn signal bulb catastrophe!!!

So i got my chrome (but blink amber) turn signal bulbs today and opened the hood to install them. the area to take out the old bulbs is so small that my fingers barely fit in. once i got the old bulb out put the new one in (passenger side first)... The hardest part was once i got the new bulb in the socket i had to angle it in with pliers to get it back into the hole (to lock in place)...then came the catastrophe....i put the drivers side bulb in but as i was trying to lock the socket in place the bulb fell into the housing. I had the idea of taking a coat hangar bending it and putting duct tape at the end of it to try to stick to the bulb and pullit out. Well it worked after 30 mins of trying but i was left with a few very minor sticky spots on the housing where the tape was sticking to....im sure later if i could find some way to get a wet rag in that small hole i could clean it up ..i got it locked in this timeand they lookgreat but that drivers side housing inside has a spot maybe a cm by cm bg of tape residue.....o well
Old 08-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Z Monster

FYI, the whole assembly can be taken off by taking off the front wheel housing assembly. ( one screw and two snap on clips). 3 of the 4 moounting bolts can be accessed with the housing removed and you don't have to even take off the wheel or under cover. You will have to take off to screws and to more snap clips from the bumper and under cover, though. Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:56 PM
DMONTE

I almost did exactly the same thing when I installed my chrome plated amber bulbs but it only rested slightly inside the whole I was able to get it with a long needle nose pliers.

Then I actually put a little bit of rubber contact cement on the light socket and let it dry before I inserted the socket into the housing.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:48 PM
NismoP10

Sorry for deviating from the topic a bit but what bulb did you use? Also, what type (or number) bulb is it?

Thanks.