Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Liquid Aluminum Sighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:53 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense to the brickyard owners, but according to several dealerships in N. Cali, the brickyard did extremely poor in this area.

Several salesmen tried to sell me a brickyard and were willing to wheel and deal with that color while they wouldn't even budge on the other colors.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's good looking color, but I think the numbers just didn't pan out for Nissan and so they dropped it.
I'd be more inclined to subscribe to bixby's interpretation of what the dealer's are telling you. I've been keeping an eye on the Brick population here 'cause I like having the only one around. The dealerships in this area have not gotten many, but all have said that the Bricks sit on their lot a day at best before they are sold.

I don't think it's an unpopular color. I think when a dealership has no Zs on their lot (or maybe just Silver ones), it's harder to sell a brick because the color swatch looks pretty lame next to the other color swatches... it really does no justice to the car
Old 09-03-2003, 02:37 AM
longbowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mcduck
I'd be more inclined to subscribe to bixby's interpretation of what the dealer's are telling you. I've been keeping an eye on the Brick population here 'cause I like having the only one around. The dealerships in this area have not gotten many, but all have said that the Bricks sit on their lot a day at best before they are sold.

I don't think it's an unpopular color. I think when a dealership has no Zs on their lot (or maybe just Silver ones), it's harder to sell a brick because the color swatch looks pretty lame next to the other color swatches... it really does no justice to the car
Actually, at my dealership we were quite surprised to hear that Brickyard was getting discontinued. We were fed the line that the color wasn't that popular. I don't have access to sales figures, so I can't say; but it always seemed to be popular at our lot. But it wasn't consistent. Sometimes, we could have one for weeks. Other times, there were people specifically asking for it. Go figure.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:04 AM
DavidD

Default ? That car is not LA?

Maybe the dealer is false advertising and that color is CS and not LA. They are marking it up to sell it for a higher price. I would never trust a dealer. Have you talked to a car salesman recently? Would you trust them? I have talked to a dealer that said they can’t get LA for many months and they have ’04s in stock.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:05 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

I saw the exact car with the LA paint in the pics above. The MSRP sticker states it is LA with an $1100 add.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 PM
tbredone

just picked up my LA coupe and couldn't be more happy with the color. it's deep and very reflective. realize everyone's entitled to their opinion, but fail to see the point of some of you putting down one color over another.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:38 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by tbredone
just picked up my LA coupe and couldn't be more happy with the color. it's deep and very reflective.
POST PICS!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:44 PM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Originally posted by tbredone
just picked up my LA coupe and couldn't be more happy with the color. it's deep and very reflective. realize everyone's entitled to their opinion, but fail to see the point of some of you putting down one color over another.
Ya... c'mon, let's see pix PLEASE!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:53 PM
tbredone

Originally posted by RoadRagerInTherapy
Ya... c'mon, let's see pix PLEASE!
can't do, digital camera no longer works. will try to borrow friends and post later.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:44 PM
NTRIGUE

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! ... more people are buying silver so why not add another and charger money for it!.. it is a win situation for nissan
This is all it really comes down to.

I think enough Zaino on a CS could be mistaken for a LA?
Old 09-08-2003, 05:37 PM
bhobson333

Originally posted by xcmpx
I think enough Zaino on a CS could be mistaken for a LA?
But enough Zaino on an LA could be mistaken for what? Maybe liquid aluminum?????

I think we all just need to calm down a bit and wait until we can compare for ourselves. Despite a bunch of panic a year ago, Nissan did a pretty good job of giving us good colors on the 2003's and I'm not believing that they did this for no reason. A lot of people love their Chrome Silver. I wouldn't want one, but I love my Silverstone. I'm sure that Liquid Aluminum will prove itself to be a stunning color, like all the others. Let's just give it a chance.

Come on, you LA buyers, post some pics! Show us why you love it!
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Aluminum Sighting-postpics.gif  

Last edited by bhobson333; 09-08-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:38 PM
iLLestjR

Well there must be a significant difference. I'll have to see it in person.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:08 AM
the bluez33

Originally posted by iLLestjR
Well there must be a significant difference. I'll have to see it in person.
I've seen LA in person. Signficant difference=none.

Honestly, it's one of those things where you'll see the car, think it's just a regular color (CS), then you'll look at the sticker, realize that it's a "special" color with a premium price tag, then and only then will you start to notice the aluminum look. In all honestly you SS/CS guys aren't missing out on anything. =\ (No offense to you LA guys, if that's possible)

I saw it in the afternoon, half the car under the shadow of the dealership's building, half of it in the sunlight.
Old 09-30-2003, 02:18 PM
bhobson333

Thumbs down

I have seen LA in person, about 10 feet from CS. It's just a little bit lighter and doesn't look special at all. Bad decision, Nissan.

Old 10-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Reb1281

Most Z buyers, including myself, love the CS more than any other color. So those Nissan bastards figured if they bring out a more fancy silver they would sell even more touring models, for an $xtra premium of course.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:25 AM
pimp1911

Okay. Since getting a pic of a LA and CS togther is rare. I have taken the liberty of getting some pictures taken yesterday.

Go here to see pics over at 350zfrenzy.com
Old 10-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Selski12

Originally posted by pimp1911
I visited my friends over at Nissan of Union City today and I manged to talk my orginal sales rep and the Sales Manager
Nissan of Union City?? Hey where in Union City is that?

Oh wait, your in Atlanta....heheh Im in Union City, CA

BTW, thanks for the pics.