Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Wow..... 3 weeks old and already got rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
bapestah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wow..... 3 weeks old and already got rear ended

Welllllllllllllllll this officially sucks. I was driving home from work this afternoon and i got hit at a stop light. The chick saw a green light and i guess wasnt paying attention that we were all stopped and slammed into my Z. It wasnt that bad of a hit but she left her front bumper shape dented into mine. Few scratches but nothing worth calling the cops about so I just got her info and she'll pay for repairs. Ughh and the cars only 3 weeks old

Onto the pics (its hard to see the bumps in the pics it looks like nothing happened to it after i cleaned and waxed the bumper):

Oh yeah, The impact also broke part of the rear driver side tail light housing, so im gonna need to change that too

Nothing but the plastic clips under the bumper broke, yet im noticing that the gap between the trunk hatch and the rear bumper widened, even after i tried pushing all the clips back in. Now i was gona go ahead and use the repair money to buy a new kit (dying for powerhouse amuse), but from pics it looks like any aftermarket rear bumper attaches on to the OEM.... which doesnt make much sense to me. For all the aftermarket kit owners, is this true? Or do they (amuse kit in particular) come as a complete piece from top (part closes to the trunk hatch) to bottom?? If it comes in a complete new piece and the OEM is removed completely, then I wont have to change the OEM bumper and can just speed up the kit process.

Any details on this is appreciated, other than that, drive safe and always pay attention to your rear
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yeah, you got to watch these fools now a days when you come to a light. I can't even count how many times Ive had to move up because the idiot behind me wasn't paying attention. I watch my mirrors all the time now, even at a light.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

If there is anything more than what can be buffed out, I would always call the police for a report.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

daaaamn, sorry to hear that!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
bapestah

Originally Posted by russ713
If there is anything more than what can be buffed out, I would always call the police for a report.
I thought about it but then i didnt want there to be records of the car being involved in an accident
Old 01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bapestah
Few scratches but nothing worth calling the cops about so I just got her info and she'll pay for repairs.
Good luck with getting any money.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
J350z101

sadface.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know you care a lot about the car.

miami... sigh.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
jray8

Originally Posted by WXSigns
Yeah, you got to watch these fools now a days when you come to a light. I can't even count how many times Ive had to move up because the idiot behind me wasn't paying attention. I watch my mirrors all the time now, even at a light.
+1, some people act they are in the biggest d*mn hurry to get somewhere, and i have noticed people with sports cars usually do the speed limit(around here anyways) and its always the 160-200hp engines that seem to be speeding all the d*mn time
Old 01-19-2009, 05:24 PM
ZR_Yancy

You'll be lucky if you get a cent from the other driver since you can't prove anything because a police report wasn't written.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Kiriller

make her pay and if she looks good make an offer she cant refuse
Old 01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
GT47R

Oh man, sorry to hear that Alex!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
cpham4

I tried doing the same thing and collecting money outside of insurance and unfortuantly for me it didn't work out as planned. I gave him 2 weeks to come up with the money and he kept giving me excuses that he couldn't go to the bank so I just ended up calling the insurance 3 weeks after the accident and made the report.

If possible try to collect asap and give her a copy of the estimate from a local body shop. Try to avoid insurance as that will lower your resale value.

Best of luck to you, but for my guy I knew he was going to flake from day one.

On the bright side... here is great opportunity for you to get a body kit if you're interested in those
Old 01-19-2009, 05:59 PM
WildWes

Any accident, always call the police and get a police report later. Did you take pics with your camera phone at least with her car's front end damage, her lic plate, and the lady herself in the scene of the accident?
Documentation is always good. Even if they tell you that they will pay you cash from their own pocket, so their insurance won't go up, you still need a police report to back you up.
I hope everything goes well.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
bapestah

Originally Posted by WildWes
Any accident, always call the police and get a police report later. Did you take pics with your camera phone at least with her car's front end damage, her lic plate, and the lady herself in the scene of the accident?
Documentation is always good. Even if they tell you that they will pay you cash from their own pocket, so their insurance won't go up, you still need a police report to back you up.
I hope everything goes well.
Yea i have her tag and pics.... I mean i wouldnt have hesitated to call the cops if it was some douche bag but it was a preety humble 18 year old looking chick who was scared shitless so i dont think she'd think about evading payment. She even asked me if i wanted to call the cops meaning she didn't mind facing consequences. She was so shooken up I couldnt help but cutting her a break and not making it that much of a big deal, and I even spoke to her on the phone already and she assured me whenever i found the price quote to let her know so she could write the check.

I personally dont see it in her to bail, but if she tries then I have some cop contacts she cant evade
Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
2k6-z33

Damn sucks dude my Z had 200 miles when it got rear ended .
Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
AznKaos15

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about it.
make sure you get a good look behind the bumper cover. that gap at the liftgate looks like something else might be bent.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Silkfiveseven

you shouldent touch your bumper until insurance takes a look at it. my friend got 2400 off 2 doors on his honda accord when some girl failed at parking.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM
ladyzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear bro.

I personally always maintain a safe distance from the people ahead, and if there are asshats following too close, I either get out of their way or slam on the brakes! lol
Old 01-20-2009, 05:24 AM
yellowjacket350

I just bought mine less than 3 weeks ago and yesterday I was sitting behind a Camry at a stop sign and he decides without looking that he wants to throw it in reverse. I started blowing the horn as I was shifting into reverse but it was too late. He cracked my vanity plate and bent the plastic bracket. I called the Nissan dealership to buy a new one and when he told me $90 I almost had a coronary.

Quick Reply: Wow..... 3 weeks old and already got rear ended